1st January 2005, 07:18 AM
Forget it!

gazgolf1
1st January 2005, 08:47 AM
Someones seen Fahrenheit 911. :wink:

goughy
1st January 2005, 09:03 AM
Some may like a place to have a rant.

Well wavey, it's a good thing we've got a 19th hole then. Seems like a good place to have a rant :wink:

One problem solved :D

jaster
1st January 2005, 02:53 PM
Someones seen Fahrenheit 911. :wink:

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/ :wink:

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm :wink:

Jarro
1st January 2005, 03:57 PM
HE LIVES :!: :!: :!:

markTHEblake
1st January 2005, 04:02 PM
Good one Jaster.
I never intended watching farenheit 9/11 because I reckoned that its only left wing political sensationalism. Now i have even more reason not to bother.

George is not the one to be afraid of. There are bigger things brewing in this world that even George cannot control.

wavemaker
1st January 2005, 06:30 PM
forget it!

Ducky
1st January 2005, 06:54 PM
I never intended watching farenheit 9/11 because I reckoned that its only left wing political sensationalism.
You'd be surprised how many people will use Fahrenheit 9/11 as a reference in a political debate. Of course, anyone who is able to demonstrate a moderate amount of common sense will come to the same conclusion as you have above after watching the movie.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Anonymous
1st January 2005, 08:55 PM
HE LIVES :!: :!: :!:

:lol:

damoocow
2nd January 2005, 09:43 PM
jaster wrote -

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

sorry jaster but the info attached in these links might as well have been written by a primary school student - lacks credibility and cohesion

ducky wrote -

Of course, anyone who is able to demonstrate a moderate amount of common sense will come to the same conclusion as you have above after watching the movie.

- well I came to the conclusion that it all made sense to me - that Bush is indeed someone to be afraid of - either you have a very charmed view of the world Ducky or perhaps you are too far right [maybe even in a religious cult - oops sorry , forgot - all religions are cults]

damoocow

Ducky
2nd January 2005, 10:50 PM
I read half of your posts and I ask myself whether you genuinely have a passionate (or even informed) opinion on a topic or if you're just looking for an argument.

well I came to the conclusion that it all made sense to me...
You came to the conclusion, or Michael Moore came to the conclusion for you? It's not a case of the viewer receiving an unbiased documentary and having to come to their own conclusions.

either you have a very charmed view of the world Ducky or perhaps you are too far right...
Being able to identify what is purposely misinformation or an exaggeration of the truth in an attempt to persuade (or more like deceive) viewers in an attempt to better a political agenda does not make me a right wing enthusiast.

maybe even in a religious cult...
I guess this comment just answered my initial question.

Regards,

Ben (Ducky).

jaster
2nd January 2005, 10:57 PM
Great reply Ducky......

Damo - You don't have apolgise to me, everyone is allowed to have there own opinion and I was actually surprised that it took over 24hrs for someone to bite as Michael Moore has a lot of passionate supporters. Were the links written by school children? I had no idea as they were just random links I found by putting "9/11 lies" into google.....so to test if they were written by school children I did some more "google" research.....here is the bio of the author who wrote the story in the first link.....

Christopher Hitchens
Columnist

Christopher Hitchens, longtime contributor to The Nation, wrote a wide-ranging, biweekly column for the magazine from 1982 to 2002. With trademark savage wit, Hitchens flattens hypocrisy inside the Beltway and around the world, laying bare the "permanent government" of entrenched powers and interests.

Born in 1949 in Portsmouth, England, Hitchens received a degree in philosophy, politics and economics from Balliol College, Oxford, in 1970.

His books include Callaghan: The Road to Number Ten (Cassell, 1976); Hostage to History: Cyprus From the Ottomans to Kissinger (Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1989); Imperial Spoils: The Case of the Parthenon Marbles (Hill and Wang, 1989); Blood, Class and Nostalgia: Anglo-American Ironies (Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 1990); and The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice (Verso, 1995); as well as two collections including many Nation essays: Prepared for the Worst (Hill and Wang, 1989) and For the Sake of Argument: Essays & Minority Reports (Verso, 1993). His most recent book is No One Left to Lie To: The Values of the Worst Family (Verso, 2000).

Hitchens has been Washington editor of Harper's and book critic for Newsday, and regularly contributes to such publications as Granta, The London Review of Books, Vogue, New Left Review, Dissent and the Times Literary Supplement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Hitchens

As for the second author Dave Kopel...I just found out tonight that he has his own website, and has atually had some involvement in a movie debunking Michael Moore and 9/11 movie... http://www.fahrenhype911.com/

Review - http://www.filmcritic.com/misc/emporium.nsf/0/f7b873cc469b07b788256f40000b6c0d?OpenDocument

he seems to be quite passionate..not sure of he is for real or not as he was only a random link I chose.. http://www.davekopel.org/index.htm

Please don't think for 1 minute I give a toss about George W or Michael Moore or politics in general....I enjoy reading lefty man himself Andrew Bolts articles but I also understand that just like Moore, Bolt is one of those researchers who only looks for what he wants to find ;)

I've really only got an interest in all this as I am concerned about the war in Iraq and while there are men and women giving there lives for a cause I am going to give them my support 100% and I'm sick of people debating about whether they should be there or not....they are there and they are dieing, let's hope it is for a good reason.

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 10:31 AM
Looks to me like Christopher Hitchens has more credibility than Michael Moore.

There are so many conspiracy theories around these days its hard to keep up, New World Order, 9/11 attacks, even our own Port Arthur.

Somehow i just wonder if we just go about our daily lives does it all really make that much of a difference if these conspiracies are true?

Anyhow the world needs strong leadership from one country - to keep the rest of them in check. Try to imagine what the world would be like if there was no powerful USA. Would anyone prefer that China, USSR, or some mob out of the middle east to be the worlds dominant power?

AndyP
3rd January 2005, 03:58 PM
Some may like a place to have a rant.
Looks like you have just created the topic for yourself, and others have gone with it wavey. :shock: :wink:

wavemaker
3rd January 2005, 04:04 PM
Forget it!

markTHEblake
3rd January 2005, 06:39 PM
what difference would it make where we rant - everyone clicks on 'unread posts since last visit anyway ' (dont we?).

if we allow an unmoderated 'rant' forum its guaranteed to get very messy. seen it all before..

jaster
3rd January 2005, 07:03 PM
I agree blakey, there are a million forums on the net for ranting...let's leave this one for golf ;)

damoocow
3rd January 2005, 10:59 PM
We could argue about this till the cows came home and not make any progress - basically we each have our own opinions and despite some of your assertions that mine come from 'what I am told' rather than my own investigations I am prepared to let it slide - but I really need to make note of the fact that I do strongly disagree with your views .
- and almost forgot - your arguments are hilarious !

damoocow

PS - jaster what are your conclusions regarding the differences / similarities between the Iraq invasion and the Vietnam 'Police action' ? - I mean in terms of casualties and the 'just' cause ?

Ducky
3rd January 2005, 11:42 PM
we each have our own opinions and despite some of your assertions that mine come from 'what I am told' rather than my own investigations...
And what 'investigations' have you carried out that I have skipped over, damoocow?

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

damoocow
3rd January 2005, 11:58 PM
Ducky wrote -

that I have skipped over

can't see that you have said anything much here Ducky - and as this is getting a bit repetitive and in danger of turning into a slanging match it is probably best to let it all go through to the keeper -

damoocow

Ducky
4th January 2005, 01:21 AM
Well you have only commented in reference to Fahrenheit 9/11 by Michael Moore, which I have addressed. You have indicated that you have done your own 'investigations' which would seem to strengthen your earlier statement that "Bush is indeed someone to be afraid of...". I'm not being a smart ass - I personally would like to see what your 'investigations' contain and I cannot think of any reason why you would not want to share your findings with us.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

jaster
4th January 2005, 07:32 AM
Let's get back to golf shall we :lol:

andylo
4th January 2005, 07:36 AM
Good idea :lol:

Let's get back to golf shall we :lol:

markTHEblake
4th January 2005, 10:45 AM
Could it be that Damo is alluding that George is a member of the Illuminata?

damoocow
4th January 2005, 03:02 PM
Ducky you have addressed nothing here - exactly the same as me - and contrary to your own thinking you are not a type of moral or intellectual authority that anyone is answerable to - I have tried to do the calm thing and let it slip by - it appears though that you want to keep it going - if you want it to be nasty then by all means keep going but I think we are just going to end up going around in circles.
damoocow

Ducky
4th January 2005, 03:20 PM
You're right, you (and I) have not addressed much of anything. What you have done, however, is claim to have carried out your own 'investigations' that would strengthen your stance on the issue of George W Bush and the content featured in Fahrenheit 9/11. It seems you were more than happy to get into a debate about this topic before I inquired about your 'investigations', but now you insist on letting it "go through to the keeper". Obviously (as you have stated), I'm not an 'intellectual authority' so perhaps you could tell me why this is?

In relation to the thread becoming 'nasty', I can't see how this would come about simply by you sharing your findings with us? Despite what your assumptions may have you believe, I'm not "too far right [wing]" for your opinion to become hurtful. Like I stated previously, I'm not being a smart ass and am genuinely curious as to what you can share with us in relation to this topic.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

terryand
4th January 2005, 03:38 PM
Terry.
Let these two blokes go....its the most fire I've seen on Ozgolf.
I don't want to see limbs ripped off or anything....just a little bit of blood would be nice for a change.

Your kidding aren't yopu G69...These 2 have got nuthin, nuhtin more than a bit of finger pointing.

Maybe Jim or Henery while there lurking could chime in and show these novices how its done :wink:

Anonymous
5th January 2005, 01:28 PM
yawn

damoocow

damoocow
5th January 2005, 01:32 PM
let's try that again

YAWN

ah that's better.

damoocow

markTHEblake
5th January 2005, 06:56 PM
well thats dissapointing. i was interested in hearing some alternative viewpoints on the subject.

Ona
5th January 2005, 07:48 PM
yes tis a shame. Ducky isnt the only one who would like to hear the details of damo's investigations. I cant be assed doing any of my own, figure this is a good chance to get some info.. if he has it.

damoocow
6th January 2005, 09:08 PM
YAWN again -
having a great sleep -
thinking of Ducky always sends me to sleep.
YAWN.

damoocow

Ducky
6th January 2005, 09:11 PM
Ease up, comments like that are bound to wreck my self esteem...

:roll:

We're still all eagerly awaiting your 'investigation' results, Damoocow.

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

Anonymous
6th January 2005, 09:19 PM
that's a big call - coming from someone not prepared to post any personal info on themselves in either ozgolf or ISG - want others to give info but not prepared to do the same hey !

damoocow

AndyP
6th January 2005, 09:24 PM
Guest, Ducky, damoocow,

If you guys are going to get narky, can you at least say something that will warrant me pressing the DOB button. I'm just busting to report someone.

terryand
6th January 2005, 09:25 PM
that's a big call - coming from someone not prepared to post any personal info on themselves in either ozgolf or ISG - want others to give info but not prepared to do the same hey !

damoocow

Damo, how will you ever catch Jarro's post count if you don't log on......

My rant over :wink:

Terry.

damoocow
6th January 2005, 09:25 PM
damn - must be all those 'head up his own arse' and 'I am so self important 'posts by Ducky that make me yawn and drop off and hit the log off button - will try again -

damoocow

Ducky
6th January 2005, 09:39 PM
must be all those 'head up his own bum' and 'I am so self important 'posts by Ducky that make me yawn and drop off and hit the log off button...
Are we a little upset that I challenged your opinion and you can't back up the claims that you have made? You take my curiousity of your research as a personal insult, which I am oblivious as to why. If you don't wish to share your findings with us (or you don't have any), then just say so and we can both get over this topic.

that's a big call - coming from someone not prepared to post any personal info on themselves in either ozgolf or ISG
Well, I hope your 'investigations' on George W Bush were more successful than your 'investigations' on me. Just because I haven't filled in my profile it doesn't mean I haven't shared my personal details (which I have done so in previous threads).

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

goughy
6th January 2005, 10:43 PM
Well, I think this thread has answered the question on whether we need a RANT forum or not.

This topic is closed.

edit: Just a note, we have removed the guest posting priviledges from this forum also.