PDA

View Full Version : off to Tassie

zigwah
7th May 2009, 04:38 PM
Off to Tassie tomorrow with the family, thinking of playing devonport golf club the day we arrive, anyone played there?

Going to rip up Barny all day sunday and maybe monday if i can wing it

See u all on the flip side, have camera and video so will post some views when i get back.

Any tips for playing Barny, do they have yardage books at the pro shop?

What time does the pro shop open? hoping to hit a few buckets on the praccy fairway before out tee time.

Flowergirl
7th May 2009, 05:27 PM
Best advice I can give you about Barny is to just enjoy the experience - and keep out of the rough!!!!!!!!
Have a great time.:smt038

oldmannoodles
7th May 2009, 07:05 PM
Barnbougle's yardage books are available in the pro-shop. They are beautifully done and easy to use. They also aren't cheap if I recall correctly (maybe $8-10?)

marcel
7th May 2009, 07:31 PM
Don't get a yardage book, leave the scorecard/pencil in your pocket and get challenged by a truly great course that lets you try every shot you've ever thought of (and a few you haven't)

BrisVegas
8th May 2009, 08:47 AM
Don't get a yardage book...

:shock:

Good luck!!! I can't imagine playing that course without a yardage book. There are just too many crucial carry yardages to consider not using one. Hopefully you get a mix of weather so you can see the course in picture postcard weather and with some teeth.

marcel
8th May 2009, 11:50 AM
:shock:

Good luck!!! I can't imagine playing that course without a yardage book. There are just too many crucial carry yardages to consider not using one.

That's the thing, zig's playing more than once. Have an 'old fashioned go' at eyeballing and see how you go. There are now 150m or 100m markers in the centre of most fairways if you want some guidance.

Analysing yardages, working out carries etc at Barnbougle is liking taking time to squeeze pimples on Jen Hawkins before getting on with it.

razaar
8th May 2009, 01:02 PM
Zig's account of his golf on the trip will be interesting reading.:wink: