PDA

View Full Version : MT Warren Park Golf Course

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:18 PM
Played my first representative match last Sunday for the Darling Downs Golf Association. We played against the South East Queensland Golf Association and the Moreton Golf Association. Couldn't believe that they played us at MT WARREN PARK..probably the worst course that I have played in a long time :smt078
It was just in terrible condition with horrible spongy greens, shoddy rough and tight fairways with sparse grass :(

Saying that I was very honoured to have been picked to play for my region and was proud that I shot a fighting 78 (41 front/37 back). I had no idea where I was going for the first 6 holes and was 5 over but once I was able to get driver out I literally BLASTED my way to 1 over for the last 12 holes. There were so many blind tee shots and doglegs I don't think I have ever seen anything like it??

My Teams scores were 74, 75, 76, 76 and my 78 so I was very happy when it was announced that the DDGA won the open event by 8 shots!!! :twisted: I get my name engraved on a perpetual trophy that is played for once a year :wink:

Anyways, if you get the chance to play at Mt Warren Park, by pass it :smt051

Jarro
18th May 2004, 07:29 PM
i've never played there, and now have no intention to do so :smt098

Onewood
18th May 2004, 07:29 PM
Congrats on the win =D>

I've played Mt warren a few time and although the greens are 2 different types on each nine I thought it was OK :roll: but I havent played it in awhile...

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:45 PM
Congrats on the win =D>

I've played Mt warren a few time and although the greens are 2 different types on each nine I thought it was OK :roll: but I havent played it in awhile...

I played with a 2 marker from windaroo who told me that they have converted the 2 9s to the same grass in the past year!

The layout of the course was alright and now that I have played there I would find it easier. Blind holes are bloody tough though if you have never played there before :x The overall course condition was just horrid :(

Onewood
18th May 2004, 07:50 PM
You country boy's are spoilt :D with the 2 courses you have up there thats all :D

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:57 PM
You country boy's are spoilt :D with the 2 courses you have up there thats all :D :smt002

Eag's
18th May 2004, 08:15 PM
Congrats on the win jaster :smt023
Sounds like a bit of a goat track though :shock:

jaster
18th May 2004, 08:20 PM
Congrats on the win jaster :smt023
Sounds like a bit of a goat track though :shock:

Thanks mate...that's exactly what we were calling it all day...GOAT TRACK!!!

andylo
18th May 2004, 09:16 PM
Congrats on the win jaster :)

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 09:31 PM
I dont even know where Mt Warren Park is.

(otherwise i would have turned up to caddy for the grand master)

AndyP
19th May 2004, 04:15 AM
Good stuff, Jaster.

I guess playing on a crap course was the equaliser, as they would assume that noone would have played it more than once. :wink:

Fishman Dan
19th May 2004, 07:46 AM
Good win Jaster. Course sounds ordinary - much like we get to play on down here :roll:

gazgolf1
19th May 2004, 12:21 PM
Well done jaster, 8)

What did you hit on the first and did anybody tell you about the creek that runs across the fairway about 180m from the tee?

McMw
19th May 2004, 12:47 PM
gaz - I would have thought the creek (at only 180m from the tee) was a non-factor for Jaster...

Jarro
19th May 2004, 02:25 PM
gaz - I would have thought the creek (at only 180m from the tee) was a non-factor for Jaster...

the only creeks Jaster has to worry about are the ones running down the left-hand side of the fairway :wink: :P :lol:

jaster
19th May 2004, 04:15 PM
Well done jaster, 8)

What did you hit on the first and did anybody tell you about the creek that runs across the fairway about 180m from the tee?

It is a blind tee shot and no-one had any idea of the creeks exact distance, I was first so I hit a 3 iron and caught it on the toe....only 5m short of the CREEK :shock: Everyone else that I know hit 5 iron or driver :)

jaster
19th May 2004, 04:21 PM

the only creeks Jaster has to worry about are the ones running down the left-hand side of the fairway :wink: :P :lol:

Looks like somebody needs a :smt062 ;) No more slice for this black duck...you should know that after playing with me at Twin Waters :shock: or even ask Nudgee and mezza after last Friday :shock:

Golfgirl
19th May 2004, 04:27 PM
Congrats on the win Jaster... :D =D>

jaster
19th May 2004, 04:40 PM
Congrats on the win Jaster... :D =D>

Thanks GG and everyone else for the congrats....it was good to get picked and win in my first rep team. This hopefully is only the start of my representative career 8)

Jarro
19th May 2004, 05:10 PM

Looks like somebody needs a :smt062 ;) No more slice for this black duck...you should know that after playing with me at Twin Waters :shock: or even ask Nudgee and mezza after last Friday :shock:

only joking Jaster :roll: :lol:

jaster
19th May 2004, 05:16 PM

only joking Jaster :roll: :lol:

I'll let you off this time then :smt018 :smt064

AndyP
19th May 2004, 07:53 PM
This sort of bragging is the reason why I left that "other" site. :evil:

Oh wait, it's the other way round. Sorry. :oops: :wink:

jaster
19th May 2004, 08:07 PM
This sort of bragging is the reason why I left that "other" site. :evil:

Oh wait, it's the other way round. Sorry. :oops: :wink:

My finger is getting really really itchy :smt039

AndyP