View Full Version : Noob alert!

Tex
5th May 2009, 08:37 PM
Noob on all accounts; forum and golf.

Handicap = :shock:

Anyway Gudday

razaar
5th May 2009, 08:39 PM
gudday tex, if you are looking to sell the club in your avatar you are in the right forum.

jaybam
5th May 2009, 08:52 PM
nice to meet you tex. Where in Brisbane you from and where are you starting to play??

Tex
5th May 2009, 09:20 PM
Hi razaar, jaybam,

I live at Rochedale, joined Oxley, but may move over to Pacific, or Carbrook (opinions?). I used to live across the road from Pacific, could not afford to play then so used to swim (before they had contractors do it) the waterways and sell the balls to my neighbor.

My Father upgraded his clubs so I inherited his old set of irons, thought I would try them out and got hooked immediately, damn it, 'cause I am hopeless.

My sig will soon read "All the gear with no idea."

TheTrueReview
5th May 2009, 09:37 PM
Welcome Tex!!

LarryLong
5th May 2009, 09:38 PM
Nice one Tex.

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the golf bug.

Tex
5th May 2009, 10:05 PM
Nice one Tex.

Welcome aboard, and good luck with the golf bug.

There is LUCK involved TOO!

If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all :-s

Mayhem
5th May 2009, 10:36 PM
There is LUCK involved TOO!

If it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all :-s

welcome mate,

Don't worry, hard work produces good luck. Or those who work hard don't need luck. Something like that.

Anyway if you are enjoying it you don't need any luck anyway. I play with golfers who don't start having fun till the 19th.

Enjoy mate.

jaybam
6th May 2009, 07:38 AM
Good to hear your enjoying it tex. Might catch up with a few of us for a game one day. A few locals around the area in oxley and think we even have one or two members on this forum. Anyway enjoy and good luck.

Tex
6th May 2009, 07:55 AM
Sure a game anytime. I often have Wednesday through Friday spare and other odd days during the week, if anyone wants an extra for a round anywhere.

Courty
6th May 2009, 04:29 PM
Welcome Tex.