PDA

View Full Version : KB Tour s KBS Tour

goonie
3rd May 2009, 10:45 PM
Whats the difference between these shafts?

KB Tour
http://www.kbshafts.com/kb_tour.php
These use Rifle flex numbers but are the same weight as the KBS Tour and both are tapers, But the picture may show a different step pattern, and they are 43" vs discrete lengths. and these aren't listed under there products listing.

KBS Tour Series
http://www.kbshafts.com/kbs_tourseries.php
These are discrete length and use normal flex names

Also why is there no info on the site in regards to flight and spin etc.

Tomson
4th May 2009, 06:37 AM
I am pretty sure that they started as KB Tours, well thats the set that I bought last year and thats the stickers that came with it. Then they changed the name to KBS tour and there was a slight change to allow for .370 tip then I think then they have changed them again to KBS tour series and I don't know if there is any change or if they have gone back to the KB tour shaft orginal.

perci
4th May 2009, 08:23 AM
They may be trying to distance themselves from the Rifle product,the shaft flex to wieght specs are still the same by the look of it.

3oneday
4th May 2009, 08:41 AM
So, apart from weight, why do they have the Tour 90 ? What's the diff ?

TheNuclearOne
4th May 2009, 10:09 AM
So, apart from weight, why do they have the Tour 90 ? What's the diff ?

It's a pretty big weight difference and one that has a market. The 5.5 is 120 grams so we are talking 30 grams. The 90 gram steel shaft has been pretty common the last few years in OEM models.

perci
4th May 2009, 10:41 AM
Nudgee is using the 120s in stiff Petyd is using 90s,they both seem very happy with them!

3oneday
4th May 2009, 10:45 AM
Well, with Dygolds now around $27 a shaft, a bloke might as well spend the extra !

goonie
4th May 2009, 10:49 AM
They may be trying to distance themselves from the Rifle product,the shaft flex to wieght specs are still the same by the look of it.

The lengths are different and maybe the step pattern too thou.

goonie
4th May 2009, 10:55 AM
It's a pretty big weight difference and one that has a market. The 5.5 is 120 grams so we are talking 30 grams. The 90 gram steel shaft has been pretty common the last few years in OEM models.

Tour 90 reg is 90g the stiffs are 100.
There is a big difference in weights between flexs. Hopefully this means they are making each flex it's own shaft instead of just sorting or changing where they cut the shaft.

Iain
4th May 2009, 10:56 AM
I've got the 120g 5.5's. Very happy with them.

PeteyD
4th May 2009, 05:03 PM
Stuffed if I know what I got but they seem to work good.

rick3003
5th May 2009, 01:54 PM
I've got the 120g 5.5's. Very happy with them.
How do they compare to Dygolds?

Iain
6th May 2009, 10:39 AM
How do they compare to Dygolds?

They feel really smooth, they do feel like they are launching higher, but the combination of new clubheads makes it hard to tell how much is the head, and how much is the shaft. Certainly not ballooning either.

haysey
6th May 2009, 10:49 AM
They definitely launch higher. I had my AP1's reshafted and haven't looked back8)

Ned
6th May 2009, 10:52 AM
They definitely launch higher. I had my AP1's reshafted and haven't looked back8)

I dunno about that.................seen you nail heaps of trees only to do the "look back over the shoulder" action following the ball!!!!!:razz:

haysey
6th May 2009, 10:57 AM
I dunno about that.................seen you nail heaps of trees only to do the "look back over the shoulder" action following the ball!!!!!:razz:

Pffft. Matchplay...everyone knows I suck at matchplay:cry:

virge666
8th May 2009, 06:38 PM
From the distributor

I see from the link the information you are questioning, however, no one in the USA can get that web page you have on the link. Either it is an old or discontinued page, but a tapered shaft is and always will have individual lengths.

and the parallel shaft is now 43.5"

But we are still looking into this page and how it is on a link to a shaft that is not available. It seems it is an misprint and an older shaft.