PDA

View Full Version : A trades or services forum.

markTHEblake
31st December 2004, 04:04 PM
Most of us here are freinds, (like in real life not just virtual i mean) and we all pretty much live close together, unlike most forums.

I spent much of the last month handing fistfulls of dollars over to many different tradesmen for my new house, i would have rather given it over to one of me mates, becuase its often hard to trust a complete stranger. But i dont know what half you lot do.

I would like to suggest a seperate forum where members could describe what services they can provide to fellow members. So when we (or indeed our own freinds) need a plumber we can look up the Ozgolf directory, and see that Terry really knows his umm...... plumbing stuff.

This is pretty much what golf/bowls/cricket/macrame clubs put in their own program books.

Naturally their is a bunch of typical issues to consider with something like this but hey its only a concept at the moment! :-)

we all need plumbers, electricians, appliance repairs, fencing and a bunch of other stuff from time to time, and we feel more secure dealing with referred services becuase if things were to go bad theres the whole community that has been let down.

Jarro
31st December 2004, 07:46 PM
good idea Blakey 8)

got that lawn done yet :?:

990B Luva
31st December 2004, 10:57 PM
We all know Jarro is our local mowerman if we want greens in our yards

damoocow
1st January 2005, 11:22 AM
sounds like an excellent idea - I could be in the market for a brickie and a fencer - possibly a painter as well.

damoocow

oh and if anyone needs an idiot - look no futher.

goughy
1st January 2005, 12:06 PM
If you're looking for a tradesperson or something you can always put a post in the 19th hole asking if anyone knows of a plumber etc etc. I'm sure if I did that then someone would say to contact terry etc.

That way if your after an electritian and there's not one on ozgolf, someone may say 'well I've used this guy in the past and he's been pretty good.'

markTHEblake
1st January 2005, 03:24 PM
If you're looking for a tradesperson or something you can always put a post in the 19th hole asking if anyone knows of a plumber etc etc.

yeah I did a serious post likee that and it ended up been another several pages of a crappathon as usual.

goughy
1st January 2005, 04:32 PM
If you're looking for a tradesperson or something you can always put a post in the 19th hole asking if anyone knows of a plumber etc etc.

yeah I did a serious post likee that and it ended up been another several pages of a crappathon as usual.

Well, look at it this way. There's no denying the fact we like to chat.

Flowergirl
6th January 2005, 08:38 AM
Don't forget your favourite florist down here. I can send flowers all over the world for you. :wink:

AndyP
28th April 2005, 08:45 AM
I would like to suggest a seperate forum where members could describe what services they can provide to fellow members. So when we (or indeed our own freinds) need a plumber we can look up the Ozgolf directory, and see that Terry really knows his umm...... plumbing stuff.
Blakey, does having occupation as one of the contact list fields satisfy your suggestion?

markTHEblake
28th April 2005, 09:17 AM
nope, if you were looking for a plumber, how would you find out Terry was one, unless yuo opened the profile of every member on the site.

AndyP
28th April 2005, 09:22 AM
nope,   if you were looking for a plumber,  how would you find out Terry was one, unless yuo opened the profile of every member on the site.
I'm not talking about the profiles, but the newly created contact list.
All members who are participating have their details listed, including occupation.
If the list gets too big to scroll through, you could do a search for "plumber" in the OZgolf directory topic only.

Otherwise, I don't think this idea will get off the ground. :smt102

Grunt
28th April 2005, 10:45 AM
I threw my job in but in all honesty, I very much doubt any of you on here will need a 747 engineer in the near future.

wavemaker
28th April 2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah and you probably won't be looking for a tower crane operator in the near future. But i'm pretty handy with a chain saw.