PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Robina Woods GC, Mon May 4, 10:07a

AndyP
3rd May 2009, 09:05 AM
I've booked a round for myself at Robina Woods tomorrow. I'm planning on taking my 5 year old, Mitchell, with me along for the ride.

There is a comp on, and it's single stableford from the white tees. Unfortunately there is no Mega Member guest rate (green fee $110) at the moment, as they are encouraging people to join up, so this is mostly an invite to fellow Mega Members. Any interest?

jaybam
3rd May 2009, 09:38 AM
Whats it worth for the mega members andy?

Iain
3rd May 2009, 11:32 AM
Damn work....

AndyP
3rd May 2009, 11:38 AM
Whats it worth for the mega members andy?$55 for Mon-Thur. Worst case would be $60 if they charge the public holiday on the Fri-Sun rate. I have no idea what the comp fee would be on top of that.

Jarro
3rd May 2009, 04:15 PM
Too expensive

Have fun !!

AndyP
3rd May 2009, 04:57 PM
I'd never pay $110 either, jarro, but I'm using my free birthday round. I didn't get to use it last year, so I'm making sure of it this time around.

AndyP
4th May 2009, 04:05 PM
I ended up playing 12 holes today. I thought I would be lucky to get 9 holes out of Mitchell before he would get bored of it, but I think I could have played 18 without him whinging. Unfortunately we got a heavy rain shower, plus some slow pricks in front wouldn't let us through, so I decided to head in.

Mitchell isn't showing much talent for it yet, but most importantly he enjoyed himself. I'll have to try to capitalise on it by going to pitch 'n putt next week.

The course is in good nick although the greens seemed slow to me. I did just play on super fast greens midweek though.