PDA

View Full Version : JMT's Swing

JMT
2nd May 2009, 01:42 PM
Hi All,

Here is my swing, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X1GKFK9l8w.
Any comments much appreciated.

Thanks!

Mayhem
2nd May 2009, 01:56 PM
Good motion and you look very balanced on your finish. From the vision it looks like your wrists are very relaxed at the top and downswing. (Not saying this is a bad thing. I wouldn't know) Do you have trouble closing the face at impact? What is your most common miss??

JMT
2nd May 2009, 06:19 PM
Good motion and you look very balanced on your finish. From the vision it looks like your wrists are very relaxed at the top and downswing. (Not saying this is a bad thing. I wouldn't know) Do you have trouble closing the face at impact? What is your most common miss??

Hi Mayhem,

Yep my bad shot is a push\fade to the right which might indicate that I don't get the club face closed fully at impact. I have always had a fade, but lately I have been working hard to get a draw, especially off the tee.

Mayhem
2nd May 2009, 06:23 PM
I have traditionally been a fader also. I have fixed it a little getting clubs fitted properly but I have a fast swing so I have to do a bit of work to close the face at impact. My common miss is still a fade. A product of my swing.

I enjoy tinkering and trying to get draw and controlling my fade but I don't trust it on the course yet. Good luck in mastering the draw.

Webster
2nd May 2009, 07:00 PM
stick with the fade. at least you will only tend to miss one way. the draw is an evil shot.

Mayhem
2nd May 2009, 10:01 PM
stick with the fade. at least you will only tend to miss one way. the draw is an evil shot.

Yeah good wisdom in that advice Jack. If you know where you miss you can play to that. I guess the key is you need to have a swing that is repeatable.

I had a stage where I wanted to be a draw hitter. Then I woke up and realised there was no real point. I Just want to be able to hit one when my shot is obstructed or something similar. Just have the shot in the bag when I need it.

adlo
2nd May 2009, 11:16 PM
Here's a thought..... hit it straight.

Tongueboy
3rd May 2009, 06:31 AM
hardest shot of the lot

Jarro
3rd May 2009, 03:43 PM
Ever hit one onto the roof ?

u8ergolfer
3rd May 2009, 07:58 PM
you must be a golf tragic with a home net setup like that BTW..

Rusty
3rd May 2009, 09:10 PM
brave. very brave. i'd be too nervous hitting into that.

JMT
4th May 2009, 08:36 AM
you must be a golf tragic with a home net setup like that BTW..

:mrgreen:

It is a product of having a new addition to the family and not being able to get out on the course as much as I would like. Much better being able to smash it into a net then going down the range for a hit and then trying to make up for it with the mrs for the next couple of days.

JMT
4th May 2009, 08:41 AM
Thanks Mayhem,

I probably agree with Jack, if I get out of kilter trying to hit a draw it is desasterous (http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ei=OCv-SaTsJZTstgP65In-AQ&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&q=desasterous&spell=1) :evil:. Whereas the fade is a lot kinder.

JMT
4th May 2009, 08:41 AM
Ever hit one onto the roof ?

Yes.

Mayhem
5th May 2009, 11:22 PM

Yeah not sure...................can't really see the benefit??

virge666
10th June 2009, 08:25 PM

How is that an advantage ?

(Serious question)