PDA

View Full Version : Time to join - Bayside BNE clubs

Bungeye
30th April 2009, 08:32 AM
Hi all,

Seeing as it looks like business might slow down a bit, and I'll have some more time on my hands, I'm looking at joining a club finally, would be nice to have a handicap to try and improve!. Options I'm considering are (I live in the Redlands in BNE):

Wynnum - Play it regularly, and like it. My office is in Wynnum, so it's easy to skive off or play before work. Find it a bit short (don't think I ever hit an iron longer than a 6 there). I think the noms and subs are a bit steep for the course.

Redland Bay - Only played it a few times, and like it. Find the front 9 a bit boring, but really like the back 9. It's a bit further from him, but not much. No noms, and the subs are reasonable. Bit worried cause I've heard it can be quite busy.

Carbrook - Probably my favourite of the 3 to play, and I like the idea of a members owned course. Always seems to be in excellent knick. Just a bit more inconvenient to get to. Noms and subs are quite reasonable.

At this point I'll only be getting a 6 day, and Saturdays is devoted to driving kids to sporting events!

Any comments & assistance deciding most appreciated.

Cheers
Bungeye

senecio
30th April 2009, 09:38 AM
3 quality courses there, you won't be dissapointed with any of them. I am a member of Carbrook and can't recomend it highly enough. In general the members are great and take a lot of pride in their course. A couple of draw backs that you may or may not know about.

1. As with all courses, there is a bit of an "in" crowd. However as a 6 day member you'll avoid most of that.

2. The greens have a lot of grain in them and can get frustrating to put on during Winter when they have to raise the mower height.

3. Take out a share option with Aeroguard!!

4. The Sunday comp doesn't begin until 11am. If you are a 6 day member and want to play comp early Sunday, bad luck.

BrisVegas
30th April 2009, 10:16 AM
all good courses. I'd go with the closest one, ie. Wynnum. You forget about the $$ after a while.

PeteyD
30th April 2009, 10:23 AM
Yep. Closest one. Particularly if you are going a 6 day. Wynnum have an open comp on Fridays you could play in and then go to work.

Jarro
30th April 2009, 02:55 PM
Wynnum ....

.... although i have a mate who's just joined Carbrook and he says the condition of the place is now first rate 8)