PDA

View Full Version : USPS Postage charges

moree golfer
29th April 2009, 11:38 AM
For thos that have bought irons from the States I have a query. I am looking at buying a full set of irons 3-PW from a seller on the West Coast USA and he quoted US$70 via USPS Priority Mail International. As I haven't bought a set from the states before is this shipping reasonable or a little high? Are there other shipping options which take a little longer but are cheaper?

Webster
29th April 2009, 11:45 AM
Seems about right. But use FedEx if you can (avoid UPS like the plague)

moree golfer
29th April 2009, 11:49 AM
This guy has quoted using US Postal Service. I'll ask him if he will look at FedEx, guess it depends on how much effort he is willing to go to ie. proximity to a FedEx depot.

u8ergolfer
29th April 2009, 11:58 AM
USPS quote is about right fr sure.. If he is an account holder with fedex he might be able to get a decent shipping quote, otherwise it'll be $$$ouch..

UPS to expensive.. and DHL.. last time I used them about 4 years ago, they fumigated a brand new club on me, claiming the declaration label didn't state it as new..Meant an added cost of about $50 when they invoiced me about 3 weeks later..

with that expense I was better off buying it here retail..

henno
29th April 2009, 12:01 PM
UPS is aweful. USPS is less aweful although probably the cheapest for non-account holders. Fedex is the best without question.

oldmannoodles
29th April 2009, 12:06 PM
I've had over 50 packages sent via USPS Priority and have never had a problem. It's probably the cheapest method and most packages have arrived like clockwork 2 weeks after being sent. $70 to ship a set of irons is a very good price.

henno
29th April 2009, 12:23 PM
I've had fedex deliver in 4 working days. Usually 5-7, but 4 days is just crazy.

Captain Nemo
29th April 2009, 12:43 PM
My cousins husband is a Fedex area manager here in Sydney, they are fast!
Had a pair of Footjoys from the states delivered in 3 days before xmas last year!!!!!

moree golfer
29th April 2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks everyone. It seems that the quote was pretty good so I pulled the trigger on the purchase.