PDA

View Full Version : RED X...WOW!!!!

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:00 PM
This putter looks MINT :shock:

http://www.scottycameron.com/images/putters/full/RedX_A_LG.jpg

In early 2003 Scotty Cameron started working on two new putter designs based on requests from PGA Tour players looking for a traditional mallet shape. Based on player input and research from the state-of-the-art Cameron Putter Studio, Scotty experimented with different materials to achieve the proper sound and feel characteristics. He opted for a high quality milled stainless steel body with a soft face insert made from precision milled German Stainless Steel and supported by a soft elastomer material. To create the Red X he started with a simple, clean and compact profile and added a refined single bend shaft that provides a clear unobstructed view of the ball at set-up. The Red X2, born from the original Red X putter, features a straight in center shaft with three red dots on the topline behind the shaft that assist in proper alignment. Coming in June.

http://www.titleist.com/images/products/putters/f_redx.jpg

And best of all....

Red X is available in right and left hand at lengths of 33'', 34'' and 35''.

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:01 PM
http://www.scottycameron.com/images/headcovers/full/RedX_Headcover_LG.jpg

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:02 PM
http://www.scottycameron.com/images/grips/futura_red_lg.jpg

Getting this grip on my mid sur next week :P

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:02 PM
http://www.scottycameron.com/images/putters/full/RedX2_A_LG.jpg

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:06 PM
http://www.titleist.com/images/products/putters/viewall_redx.jpg

A. High performance mallet putter featuring a clean shape and profile.
B. Precision milled German Stainless Steel insert is supported by a vibration absorbing elastomer material and cushioned pad for a soft and solid feel.
C. Precision milled stainless steel body and clear anodized aluminum sole plate (milled both on the inside and out) position weight where it is needed the most, back in the center of the body and level with the equator of the ball.
D. Draft sole with slight negative bounce allows the putter to sit square without any face closure.
E. High toe feature. The topline of the RedX2 slopes up at the toe to help ensure the putter has the proper loft and face angle at address. Typical mallets have a flat toe causing most players to tilt the toe up at address and inadvertently close the face.
F. Straight in center shaft configuration. The bore is positioned slightly towards the heel to provide a clean look at address and easy alignment.

jaster
18th May 2004, 07:08 PM
http://www.titleist.com/images/products/putters/viewall_redx2.jpg

A. High performance mallet putter featuring a clean shape and profile.
B. Precision milled German Stainless Steel insert is supported by a vibration absorbing elastomer material and cushioned pad for a soft and solid feel.
C. Precision milled stainless steel body and clear anodized aluminum sole plate (milled both on the inside and out) position weight where it is needed the most, back in the center of the body and level with the equator of the ball.
D. Draft sole with slight negative bounce allows the putter to sit square without any face closure.
E. High toe feature. The topline of the RedX slopes up at the toe to help ensure the putter has the proper loft and face angle at address. Typical mallets have a flat toe causing most players to tilt the toe up at address and inadvertently close the face.
F. Mid bend shaft configuration. Clean looking single bend shaft design for great looks and set-up appearance. Shaft bore is angled toward the face and heel to produce one-half shaft diameter in offset and a superior look at address.

McMw
18th May 2004, 11:06 PM
hey jaster....I think most of us got the titleist newsletter too!!! :wink:

doesn't do anything for me atm...
couldn't really get comfortable with the rossie, don't see how this will be any different!!! :roll:

markTHEblake
19th May 2004, 12:14 AM
looks a bit effeminate to me.

Jarro
19th May 2004, 04:32 AM
sorry Jaster....

.. it doesn't butter my bread either :(

jaster
19th May 2004, 06:55 AM
hey jaster....I think most of us got the titleist newsletter too!!! :wink:

doesn't do anything for me atm...
couldn't really get comfortable with the rossie, don't see how this will be any different!!! :roll:

LOL..I have no idea what you are talking about? I get no newsletter?

McMw
22nd May 2004, 05:23 PM
with 29 putts this morning, I think I'll need one of this...or something.... :evil:

jaster
22nd May 2004, 05:25 PM
with 29 putts this morning, I think I'll need one of this...or something.... :evil:

If you hit 16 greens 29 putts is great ;)

McMw
22nd May 2004, 06:09 PM
IF I hit 16 greens!!! :shock:

jaster
22nd May 2004, 06:14 PM
IF I hit 16 greens!!! :shock: :twisted:

Golfgirl
23rd May 2004, 10:37 AM

I wish I had this complaint to make myself... but I've never gotten below 30 putts.... :roll: :oops:

Maybe I need one of these putters... :wink:

goughy
23rd May 2004, 11:14 AM
I can't remember breaking 30 myself either gg.

McMw
24th May 2004, 01:40 AM
31 putts this afternoon (which had 3 from off the green)...
time for a change...2ball blade out for a trial this evening...

missing 2 footers just ain't that funny anymore!!! :roll:

goughy
24th May 2004, 06:23 AM
So if you had 3 from off the green you really had 28 putts!

McMw
24th May 2004, 09:36 AM
greens are smallish...so a putt still a putt in my books!!! :)

Jarro
24th May 2004, 09:41 AM
you're a hard marker Mau :lol:

when are you coming to the East coast for that holiday :?: :?:

McMw
24th May 2004, 09:47 AM
looks like we're defn coming down brissie way on the weekend of 15th Oct....

mate's getting married that night in Singapore, so we'll stop over there, then take the next day flight out to brissie... :D

that should be the go, unless work gets in the way...or something... 8)

Jarro
24th May 2004, 09:57 AM
cool Mau 8)

we'll get the machine in gear to arrange a game or 3 then :wink:

goughy
24th May 2004, 05:41 PM
If you can't squeeze in a game I'm sure jarro could arrange for you both to hit some drives down the runway :D

McMw
24th May 2004, 06:09 PM
don't think I'm feeling all that lucky to be going against the "Holy Grail" tho... :)

Jarro
24th May 2004, 06:18 PM
don't think I'm feeling all that lucky to be going against the "Holy Grail" tho... :)

:lol: :lol:

the way i'm hitting it at the moment Mau, i think you'd take me left-handed :oops:

McMw
31st May 2004, 11:33 PM
I saw the RED X this evening!!! :shock:

Centre Shaft - 34inch
it's a damn awesome looking putter (defn better than the pics have them!)
so much so, I'm going to say that this RED X would prob be the first SC to be in the bag...

And I was very close to getting the Mezza Monza... :lol:

Another interesting note...
becoz it's a centre shaft model, on the heel end, are 3 red dots...
didn't really know what was the purpose until I took hold of it again...
it's like the SEEMORE putters....if u can align the shaft properly, and not have either dots showing, you've got the face straight (assuming the grips) on the right way!!! :lol:

Very interesting putter.... VERY!!!!!! :wink:

jaster
1st June 2004, 05:19 AM
Now I am jealous, the CS is not made for the lefties :x Sounds awesome Mau and I for sure will be giving it a trial at some point in the future. Great work!! 8)

jaster
2nd June 2004, 08:43 PM
This putter is all over ebay....freaking dear at the moment though :shock:

nudgee
2nd June 2004, 10:53 PM
Mau how much for the putter??

jaster
2nd June 2004, 11:00 PM
You getting itchy nudgee :P

McMw
2nd June 2004, 11:48 PM
the guy mentioned 900 Malaysian Ringgit...
so I'm not sure exactly how much that is in Aussie...

but it's defn CHEAPER than what the SS were going for!!!

Comparitively, the Voodoo is about 500 Malaysian Ringgit...