PDA

View Full Version : What is this shaft?

acem8
25th April 2009, 02:02 PM
I bought a Taylor Made Rescue Fairway 5 wood (20 degrees) in a closeout a few years back and it hasn't left my bag since. It has a "Lite Metal 95g" steel shaft in a stiff. It is made by True Temper but I would love to know what it's characteristics are and how the flex compares to other TT's as I would like to use a similar shaft in a 4 hybrid. I believe they also put it in the V-steel fairways.

Any ideas anyone?

goonie
25th April 2009, 05:12 PM
The "Light Metal 2" shaft will most likely by a TM oem only shaft, the standard steel shaft in the v-steel was a Dynamic Golf Light.

acem8
25th April 2009, 09:35 PM
That sounds about right, the mid tip medium launch shafts seem to suit me and I was considering putting the Dynamic Gold Lite's in my irons. I'm going from DG S300 which are too stiff and too heavy for me now but I don't want to go all the way to the other end of the scale with the Dynalites.

goonie
26th April 2009, 07:04 AM
The new dg high launch might be the go, some have even suggested that they are rebadged dg lights. I have read that the dghl plays a little softer to flex, mid flight and are ligther than DG, 118g. If you know anywhere that has a titleist fitting cart or demos the AP1s have the dghl as standard and they are also in The fitting cart, so you can have a hit first. Project X 5.0 & 5.5s are also lighter, 115g, and higher launch than dg s300 and the 5.5 are around the same flex. But they are a low spin shaft.