PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid Question

Pinglauncher
30th December 2004, 09:55 AM
I am looking for a club to replace 3 / 4 iron. I want only one club to fill the gap between Solitaire 4.5 and TA7 5 iron. I am hitting my 4 iron pretty well but there is only about a 5 mtr gap between 4/5 iron which is probably my swing speed. I bought a Hogan CFT #3 which gives me a good distance gap between the 2 clubs but I am just too inconsistent with it and do not feel comfortable with the wood type hybrid look and the extra length of the Hogan. I have been demoing a Titleist 503H 22* and am very impressed and was also looking at a Wishon 321Li 3 or 4 iron. I have not hit the Wishons and I am sure someone has hit both of these clubs and can offer honest opinions.

Titleist or Wishon or ????

PLEASE HELP :? :?

davidp
2nd January 2005, 09:09 PM
I've just put a ZT Maximizer 19* in my bag. I couldn't be happier with it. It's a solid club off the deck or tee and has done everything I was hoping for. High soft ballflight, with a great solid feel on contact.

They do come in lofts of 19*, 22*, 25*, 28*, 31*.

http://ztgolf.com/products/wedges/Maximizer/spec.asp

There is no Australian distributor, so you may need to contact John at ZT Golf directly.

Ona
2nd January 2005, 10:30 PM
dave whats the offset look like? 5 sounds like a lot but ive got no reference. shame it doesnt have the recessed crown like the tm's

McMw
3rd January 2005, 01:54 AM
from someone who hasn't seen the wishon or titleist, I would say the new callaway heaven wood looks decent!!!

I might try and see if they carry a club "spec-ed" out for me... :)

andylo
3rd January 2005, 02:15 AM
Some ppl likes their hybird flys high and soft... others like them with lower and more penertrating ball flight and rolls a plenty after it lands.

Which one you perfer?

I like my hybird fly low and rolls a plenty.... just like the real long iron so I would recommend Sonartec MD.

I am looking for a club to replace 3 / 4 iron. I want only one club to fill the gap between Solitaire 4.5 and TA7 5 iron. I am hitting my 4 iron pretty well but there is only about a 5 mtr gap between 4/5 iron which is probably my swing speed. I bought a Hogan CFT #3 which gives me a good distance gap between the 2 clubs but I am just too inconsistent with it and do not feel comfortable with the wood type hybrid look and the extra length of the Hogan. I have been demoing a Titleist 503H 22* and am very impressed and was also looking at a Wishon 321Li 3 or 4 iron. I have not hit the Wishons and I am sure someone has hit both of these clubs and can offer honest opinions.

Titleist or Wishon or ????

PLEASE HELP :? :?

davidp
3rd January 2005, 09:03 AM
dave whats the offset look like? 5 sounds like a lot but ive got no reference. shame it doesnt have the recessed crown like the tm's

5 isn't a lot when compared to the typical offset found in forgiving cavity back long irons. My Wishon 939H are offset 6mm in the 2 & 3 irons, so 5 mm feels about spot-on.

I took the Maximizer out at Ocean Shores a fair bit. It's a very versatile club.

Ona
3rd January 2005, 08:03 PM
cheers mate. may have to give a hybrid a go one of these days.