PDA

View Full Version : Lajosi putters or the like

Pages : [1] 2 3

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 08:38 PM
Now I know Razaar is well aware of this bloke as he has a few of his creations already, but I thought I'd spread the word on a guy called Kari Lajosi who makes some brilliant hand-made and cnc milled putters.

Most of his putters are one-piece cnc milled carbon steel models. He does it all himself, from CAD designs to the milling, stamping and paintfilling. I'm lucky enough to live not far away from him and as he's making me a custom at the moment I've been able to try out a bunch of his blades. They feel and look incredible.

Scottt
24th April 2009, 08:40 PM
what sort of coin do they cost?

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 08:44 PM
Can't for the life of me work out how to properly upload full-size photos. Any hints? Here's a few that got left out:

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 08:46 PM
what sort of coin do they cost?

$200 - $300 range, depending on whether you get one made from scratch to your specs or buy one Kari's already finished. Pretty reasonable considering a custom TP Mills or Bettinardi will set you back at least twice that.

Scottt
24th April 2009, 08:46 PM
Pics:

go to freeimagehosting.net

choose pic to upload and click upload.
a screen will load with a bunch of code, copy the one for forums and paste it in your post. Too easy!

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 08:56 PM
Bewdy, much appreciated.

virge666
24th April 2009, 09:07 PM
So how do we find him ?

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 09:18 PM
So how do we find him ?

lajosiputters@live.com.au

He's a great bloke and has been more than patient with my requests so I'm sure he'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

haysey
24th April 2009, 09:19 PM
So how do we find him ?

Agreed, does he have a website. Those putters are superb

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Agreed, does he have a website. Those putters are superb

I don't think he has one yet.

markTHEblake
24th April 2009, 09:35 PM
Australia is a big country, is anyone else here lucky enough to live close enough to this guy?

oldmannoodles
24th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Australia is a big country, is anyone else here lucky enough to live close enough to this guy?

He lives in Glen Waverley in Melbourne's east.

razaar
24th April 2009, 09:48 PM
It was through noodles that I found Kari...I had a couple of copper ingots (golf trophies from MT Isa Opens) that I had been carting around for 20 + years. I had a brain spark that a couple of putters would be better than useless ingots; so I posted a question on puttertalk (US forum) asking how I would go about it. Noodles gave me Kari's details, which resulted in two handmade copper putters, one based on the Bettinardi BB6 and the other on a Kevin Burns 9913. Not only did Kari replicate the putters from pics, he made ball markers and a picture stand from the bits of copper left over with my & the boss's initials and details of the trophies. Between us (Noodles, myself & one other) we gave Kari exposure on that particular forum, which has given him the drive to purchase a CNC milling unit & cad design software to further extend his hobby. He now receives orders from putter enthusists from overseas (US, Canada, Europe). The most recent putter he made for me is a KLP5T based on a T.P.Mills Softtail. It is one of the finest putters I have played with.:)

Lucasto23
24th April 2009, 09:59 PM
i like the sound of this guy, might give him a go. just got to find a design i like first.

LarryLong
24th April 2009, 10:00 PM
He lives in Glen Waverley in Melbourne's east.

Dunno if lucky is the word then. :)

Lajosiputters
27th April 2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks Ben & Ray for you kind words.

What a great site, I'm really happy to be a part of it. - funny how the best things are sometimes right under your nose.

My name is Kari and I love to make putters, I have a small engineering company in Melbourne and I have been making putters for about 7 yrs, mostly in my spare time. Recently I have learnt to do 3D modelling and full CNC miiling. It's certainly broadened my scope of putter making, given me a huge amount of options. Handmade's are still very enjoyable to make but very time comsuming.
I hope to get some pics up soon with a few of the putters I have made and a few new one's as well -

(probably should have put this into "introductions", - sorry, I am just a newbie)

I reckon where ever we live in Australia, we are Lucky!!!

Thanks

Kari Lajosi

kwantfm
27th April 2009, 10:12 PM
Great to have you on board Kari... looking forward to my next putter!

Terence

rodders
27th April 2009, 10:12 PM
Awesome putters Kari. Congrats on building a quality company in Australia.

Do you have a shop front in Melbourne? Would love to try out a few.

Lucasto23
27th April 2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks Ben & Ray for you kind words.

What a great site, I'm really happy to be a part of it. - funny how the best things are sometimes right under your nose.

My name is Kari and I love to make putters, I have a small engineering company in Melbourne and I have been making putters for about 7 yrs, mostly in my spare time. Recently I have learnt to do 3D modelling and full CNC miiling. It's certainly broadened my scope of putter making, given me a huge amount of options. Handmade's are still very enjoyable to make but very time comsuming.
I hope to get some pics up soon with a few of the putters I have made and a few new one's as well -

(probably should have put this into "introductions", - sorry, I am just a newbie)

I reckon where ever we live in Australia, we are Lucky!!!

Thanks

Kari Lajosi

Welcome,

Will be buying one of your putters very soon:smt038

virge666
27th April 2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah - I am for that.

Kari - Welcome. Give us a list and photos of your standard models.

More than happy to buy Australian, especially from a bloke with that attitude.

Sensational !

grandmasterb
27th April 2009, 10:33 PM
Yeah - I am for that.

Kari - Welcome. Give us a list and photos of your standard models.

More than happy to buy Australian, especially from a bloke with that attitude.

Sensational !

X2 :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
27th April 2009, 10:45 PM
Do you have a shop front in Melbourne? Would love to try out a few.

Doesnt seem like he has a shop front, more like a garage back.

Some of the best products in the world started from a garage, including some crappy looking computer in a wooden box. :-)

oldmannoodles
27th April 2009, 10:54 PM
Having been in the Lajosi family's garage I can say that's it's like being a kid in a candy shop.

Good to see ya here Kari.

Lajosiputters
27th April 2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will get together my standard models and takes some pics, I will try and get them
up tomorrow. Hopefully it will give you an idea of the different - head design's, neck styles & finishes available.

Kari

Lucasto23
27th April 2009, 11:28 PM
it's going to be a feeding frenzy ;) by the looks of things

Scottt
27th April 2009, 11:43 PM
Best business move Kari ever made. Like driving into the rehab hospital with a boot full of beer and crack :lol:

DracZ
28th April 2009, 12:20 AM
Can't wait to see your work mate, I'm in melbourne as well :D

vovo
28th April 2009, 01:12 AM
If someone had access to 3D CAD, could they possibly produce a design and ask for this to be CNCed. Now I am not asking for you to do this or stand-by the finished product, but I have wondered about producing a 3D design as a bit of a project and was wondering if a foundry would be willing to produce one for me, I was thinking a Uni foundry might be willing to but probably no one else.

This putter might be useless but it would be mine.

Just a query

adlo
28th April 2009, 01:19 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome.

I will get together my standard models and takes some pics, I will try and get them
up tomorrow. Hopefully it will give you an idea of the different - head design's, neck styles & finishes available.

Kari
Please do, sounds great.

Best business move Kari ever made. Like driving into the rehab hospital with a boot full of beer and crack :lol:
:lol::lol:

Scottt
28th April 2009, 01:39 AM
I might get one made with EPIC HO stamped in the cavity, so it is perfectly personalised for an on-sell to about 80% of this site's membership, as well as a few of my ex-girlfriends... :lol:

Webster
28th April 2009, 05:41 AM
Hi Kari, I have a question for you. I used to use a Cobra Norman U milled model putter like this one:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_10_2008/post-747-1224735948-1.jpg

Could you make me something that was almost identical if I brought in an old broken head for you to copy? I am in Melbourne.

Thanks Jack.

razaar
28th April 2009, 07:03 AM
Kari...great having you here, mate. The boss & me will be down your way next month following a stop over in Canberra to introduce ourselves to our latest grandson. Look forward to catching up with you again.:)

just
28th April 2009, 07:38 AM
Jack
Is that head some sort of bronze?

Dotty
28th April 2009, 07:53 AM
Welcome Kari.

They are some awesome pieces of work. Look forward to seeing range and options. Very tempting, even the putter covers.

sms316
28th April 2009, 08:46 AM
Kari,

Forget all the other questions for the moment. The important question is do you make left-handed models?

sms

henno
28th April 2009, 08:50 AM
With CAD and a CNC, I'm pretty sure he could make an upside-down model if he was so inclined.

jaybam
28th April 2009, 09:27 AM
Welcome mate. Think you are going to have to hire another person just to sort through all the ozgolf questions and answers for a while. I, like the others am looking forward to seeing the pics. Always looking for a new putter to blame :)

virge666
28th April 2009, 09:30 AM

Yep, Haysey is going to need a bank loan.

haysey
28th April 2009, 10:24 AM
Yep, Haysey is going to need a bank loan.

:mrgreen:

I need a new putter, and I'd love to buy Australian made as well.....

(Did you see me take out an extension on the home loan:lol:)

razaar
28th April 2009, 10:41 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12022

Courty
28th April 2009, 04:31 PM
Welcome Kari,

got any mallet designs?

Deano
28th April 2009, 04:37 PM
Kari - hook a brother up!!
Great looking putters mate.
Deano

Lajosiputters
28th April 2009, 11:31 PM
Here are a some pics of my different style heads & necks,

Anser & Anser2, Flanged Blade, plus a few I really like.

In regards to some questions:

I can certainly make a Cobra Norman U, if I have head to measure I can get it pretty close.

Left handed- No problem

Mallet Style- I have a nice heel shafted mallet

If you have any more quetions you can contact me my e-mail address which was posted by "oldmannoodles" earlier (I cannot post it here yet)
I would be more than happy to answer any queries.

My finishes are:

Titanium Nickel - "Statin Pearl"
Titanuim Nickel - "Black Sapphire"
Silver Nickel-
Black Chrome- "Gloss"
Black Chrome- "Satin"
Plum Brown -"Oil can"( I am still experimenting with this one)

My shafts are True Temper - Stepped & Step Less

My grips are leather Gripmasters, the guys at Gripmaster have been great, I have a good choice of styles & colours.

My headcovers are AM&E - " Lajosi"

I hope this helps with a few questions.

Thanks

Kari

PS-I have more pics, I just couldn't load them all tonight

adlo
28th April 2009, 11:41 PM
Something like a Scotty Cameron Fastback would be nice =P~

Lajosiputters
28th April 2009, 11:51 PM
A couple of the Anser2 and my mallet. - I thought I put them in??

Kari

Lucasto23
28th April 2009, 11:53 PM
so shiny,and preddy

adlo
28th April 2009, 11:53 PM
Mallet is nice but I am no freak.

Lajosiputters
28th April 2009, 11:59 PM
I have made a notch back.

Kari

adlo
29th April 2009, 12:03 AM
Ahhh, at least that one lets me stand on the right side of the ball.

http://www.golfbuyitonline.com/media/gbu0/prodlg/titleist/putters/Fastback_PP1.jpg

Does the mallet look like this from address?

oldmannoodles
29th April 2009, 12:06 AM
Love that Notchback. Never saw the final result Kari - it looks great.

Courty
29th April 2009, 06:05 AM
Ahhh, at least that one lets me stand on the right side of the ball.

http://www.golfbuyitonline.com/media/gbu0/prodlg/titleist/putters/Fastback_PP1.jpg

Does the mallet look like this from address?

That's more the style I'm looking for.

razaar
29th April 2009, 06:12 AM
Here is another pic of the notchback (it was on my files).

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/bennie_065/KLPXP3017.jpg

just
29th April 2009, 07:21 AM
Kari
Would you be able to make the mallet with a centre shaft?

LarryLong
29th April 2009, 08:36 AM
Some nice work there Kari. I'm not a putter ho, but if I was I'd be all over those. If I ever learn to putt and decide to buy a proper putter I'll give you a call.

Nice to see a quality product made in Australia.

markTHEblake
29th April 2009, 09:03 PM
Kari, how do you get these putters to be 'balanced'

I would have thought that some very complex machinery is required for this, or is it trial and error, or does the CAD actually do that for you?

Lajosiputters
29th April 2009, 10:15 PM
Kari, how do you get these putters to be 'balanced'

I would have thought that some very complex machinery is required for this, or is it trial and error, or does the CAD actually do that for you?

That's a very good question,

The complex machinery used is the human brain, mass postioned evenly creates a certain balance, - cavities & necks alter that balance so the mass needs to be distributed accordingly to again achieve that "balance"
That's the machining skill of the putter maker.
Shaft length & weight contribute to the equation.
The cad helps with the centre of mass, there is also an aspect of "trial & error" with some different design's, but if you follow some strict design rules you won't be to far off.

Kari

Lucasto23
30th April 2009, 09:16 AM
Kari,

Which of your putters have offset and suit a straighter stroke vs an arcing stroke?

razaar
30th April 2009, 09:28 AM
What is an arcing stroke?

just
30th April 2009, 10:25 AM
I'm presuming he means a stroke that follows an arc, as opposed to straight back and straight through.

Lucasto23
30th April 2009, 10:32 AM

Just is correct, i really must double check my posts before submitting. Keep missing letters in words. :oops:

razaar
30th April 2009, 10:35 AM
The putter head arcs during a straight back straight through stroke if the shaft is held on plane. Does he mean a putting stroke where the shaft comes off plane?:?

kev
30th April 2009, 10:43 AM
Think of it as swinging around your body - i.e. on the back swing the putter comes inside the line, then returns to square at impact, and again goes inside the line on the follow through

just
30th April 2009, 10:44 AM
The putter head arcs during a straight back straight through stroke if the shaft is held on plane. Does he mean a putting stroke where the shaft comes off plane?:?

No it doesn't Ray, hence "straight back and straight through", the putter face stays perpendicular (or as close as) to the direction of travel. Lucast means a stroke where the putter face follows an arc and opens slightly on the back stroke, closes to perpendicular when it strikes the ball and closes on the through stroke.

kev
30th April 2009, 10:58 AM
No it doesn't Ray, hence "straight back and straight through", the putter face stays perpendicular (or as close as) to the direction of travel. Lucast means a stroke where the putter face follows an arc and opens slightly on the back stroke, closes to perpendicular when it strikes the ball and closes on the through stroke.

I think Raz is talking about the putter arcing up on the back swing - getting further away from the ground.

Lucasto23
30th April 2009, 10:59 AM

Thats about right just, any way their is more than one way to putt the ball as we all know. just looking for a putter model that best suits my stroke if i'm going to drop a couple of 100 of K rudds money boys.;)

razaar
30th April 2009, 11:02 AM
Sorry just it does. If you have access to a putting plane you will see what I mean. A putting plane is a straight edge raised about a foot off the ground. If you run the shaft along the straight edge that, to me, is a straight back straight through stroke. If you watch the putter head when you use the putting plane you will see the head arc. The shaft rides up and down the straight edge with the head at an angle so it arcs both vertically & horizontally. Same thing in a putting stroke on plane. There is no turn in putting but a straight back and through movement.

just
30th April 2009, 11:43 AM
Sorry just it does. If you have access to a putting plane you will see what I mean. A putting plane is a straight edge raised about a foot off the ground. If you run the shaft along the straight edge that, to me, is a straight back straight through stroke. If you watch the putter head when you use the putting plane you will see the head arc. The shaft rides up and down the straight edge with the head at an angle so it arcs both vertically & horizontally. Same thing in a putting stroke on plane. There is no turn in putting but a straight back and through movement.

Ray

You are describing are variants of the arc stroke or swinging gate stroke, and described here:
http://www.eyelinegolf.com/Putting_Plane_Alignment_System_p/ppas-b.htm
and here:
http://www.stanutleygolf.com/the_learning_curve.htm

On the straight back and straight through stroke the putter face stays perpendicular (or as close as) to the direction of travel, as described by Pelz.

razaar
30th April 2009, 02:54 PM
Ray

You are describing are variants of the arc stroke or swinging gate stroke, and described here:
http://www.eyelinegolf.com/Putting_Plane_Alignment_System_p/ppas-b.htm
and here:
http://www.stanutleygolf.com/the_learning_curve.htm

On the straight back and straight through stroke the putter face stays perpendicular (or as close as) to the direction of travel, as described by Pelz.

Gadgets mate - not worth two bob IMO. Petz's method requires the hands to stay with the club head as they should with short putts, difficult to do with medium and long putts. Mate, everything in the golf swing including putting is about plane - any good teaching pro will say the same. There are straight through, inside to out and outside to in, all work if the putter face is aimed at the target at impact and all can be held on plane. The last two are not as solid off the face as the straight back & through because the swing path and face are not aligned. Could go on & on & on.... I only responded to Luc's post to save Kari the hassle.:)

Moe Norman
30th April 2009, 03:19 PM
straight back and through putting stroke is exactly that, straight back and through.

It's hard to master though, and I dbout any of the worlds great putters do it.

The 'tiger' stroke follows the natural arc.

Lucasto23
30th April 2009, 11:08 PM
Gadgets mate - not worth two bob IMO. Petz's method requires the hands to stay with the club head as they should with short putts, difficult to do with medium and long putts. Mate, everything in the golf swing including putting is about plane - any good teaching pro will say the same. There are straight through, inside to out and outside to in, all work if the putter face is aimed at the target at impact and all can be held on plane. The last two are not as solid off the face as the straight back & through because the swing path and face are not aligned. Could go on & on & on.... I only responded to Luc's post to save Kari the hassle.:)

Crap, now i'm confused about my own putting stroke:?

But thanks for trying to help, i'll just have to pay attention when i'm on the putting green and re ask the question later:oops:

Lajosiputters
1st May 2009, 10:05 AM
That's more the style I'm looking for.

Something like this - Adlo & Courty

It's a bit rough and need's a bit of work, but it's not far off.

Kari

Tomson
1st May 2009, 10:40 AM
Can I have one of the above with a plumbers neck in black carbon steel...please.... I have camels to trade.

But seriously when will you start making putters like that?

haysey
1st May 2009, 10:57 AM
Can I have one of the above with a plumbers neck in black carbon steel...please.... I have camels to trade.

But seriously when will you start making putters like that?

x2

But in raw please:smt038

rodders
1st May 2009, 11:28 AM
X3

That looks fantastic. I have always wanted to try a head like that on the heavy side with a centre placed shaft.

Can it be done?

oldmannoodles
1st May 2009, 03:30 PM
I'm helping Kari clear a bit of room in his garage by offloading 2 of his putters on the 'bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180352105191

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180352102839

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/oldmannoodles/DSCF4404Medium.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/oldmannoodles/DSCF4392Medium.jpg

LarryLong
1st May 2009, 05:37 PM
Quoting the eBay ad:

"It was milled from carbon steel – the softest metal available – to ensure a beautiful buttery feel"

I hope you at least smiled a little bit when you were typing this out. :razz:

henno
1st May 2009, 05:44 PM
Mercury just called. It wants it's title of Softest Metal back.

oldmannoodles
1st May 2009, 05:51 PM
I'm far from an expert on putter-making and metallurgy but I thought carbon steel was the softest feeling metal available to cnc milling for the purpose of clubmaking. You wouldn't put a block of aluminium or mercury in a cnc mill would you?

Happy to alter the auction if I'm mistaken, however.

henno
1st May 2009, 05:57 PM
Happy to alter the auction if I'm mistaken, however.

Mercury, obviously not, but Aluminium can definately be CNC milled.

oldmannoodles
1st May 2009, 06:13 PM
Changed that line to "one of the softest metals used for clubmaking".

Thanks for the feedback guys - I try to be as accurate as possible in all my ebay listings.

Iain
1st May 2009, 06:26 PM
Mercury just called. It wants it's title of Softest Metal back.

Mercury, obviously not, but Aluminium can definately be CNC milled.

Nerd. :razz:

razaar
1st May 2009, 06:27 PM
It will be interesting to see what they go for. Kari is making me a July birthday present...something different. It is becoming a birthday tradition - a Lajosi putter.

Scottt
1st May 2009, 06:36 PM
Questions for Kari:

Got any centre shaft models?
Could you fit latitude/longitude co-ordinates on the back of the bumpers?
Can you do personalised stamping on the back of the hosel?
What is the satin model above on Ben's pic?
Do I have to have Lajosi in the cavity?

oldmannoodles
1st May 2009, 06:58 PM
Like Ray, I've got the Lajosi bug. My current gamer is a TP Mills softail style as designed by Ray and Kari - the KLP5T:

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/oldmannoodles/goldn082.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/oldmannoodles/goldn083.jpg

My second Lajosi - the KLPBM (which is on its way) - I designed myself with Kari:

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/oldmannoodles/GetAttachmentaspxwwww.jpg
http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu338/oldmannoodles/goldn081.jpg

Iain
1st May 2009, 07:22 PM
Very impressive putters, I'll definately look at getting one made.....

Lajosiputters
1st May 2009, 08:00 PM
Questions for Kari:

Got any centre shaft models?
Could you fit latitude/longitude co-ordinates on the back of the bumpers?
Can you do personalised stamping on the back of the hosel?
What is the satin model above on Ben's pic?
Do I have to have Lajosi in the cavity?

I haven't made a "centre shafted" head as yet, a few face balanced mallets and my "goose" KLP18, - but it shouldn't be a problem, it would just depend on the head style and the width of the top line.

With regards to personalised stamping, that is definetly an option, the Lajosi in the cavity can be removed, but I would like my name somewhere on the putter. The "satin" model is one of my early model's, inspired by SC's NP2.

Kari

Scottt
1st May 2009, 08:04 PM
It looks a lot like an NP2. I wanted to have an old Tei3 custom shopped as satin a year or so back. If I come up with a design based on that shape - and I would be as insistant as you that it has Lajosi on it - could you tell me what sort of coin I would be looking at?

I am in the UK, so the easiest bet might be head only.

cheers,
Scott

Lajosiputters
1st May 2009, 08:58 PM
It looks a lot like an NP2. I wanted to have an old Tei3 custom shopped as satin a year or so back. If I come up with a design based on that shape - and I would be as insistant as you that it has Lajosi on it - could you tell me what sort of coin I would be looking at?

I am in the UK, so the easiest bet might be head only.

cheers,
Scott

Scott,

Send me an e-mail - lajosiputters@live.com.au and I can give you all the details.

Kari

adlo
2nd May 2009, 06:05 PM

Kari

Yes, something like that looks very good. Looking at something like that centre shafted.

just
2nd May 2009, 06:08 PM
Yes, something like that looks very good. Looking at something like that centre shafted.
x2

adlo
2nd May 2009, 06:10 PM
Looks like the Fastback style will be a big seller.

dan
2nd May 2009, 11:07 PM
I'd love to see the full process you go through to making them.

Very interesting stuff.

Courty
2nd May 2009, 11:42 PM

Kari

I personally prefer something a bit more rounded. I've tried a bunch of different putters, but I keep on coming back to the Odyssey #5:

http://www.tgw.com/images/golf/products/clubs/putters/odyssey/10960/ptl-5-setup.jpg

Is it within the realms of possibility to create a putter with the same profile?

razaar
3rd May 2009, 12:46 AM
Kari, are you & the family doing the holiday thing at the Sunshine Coast in November? If so the Champs is being held there on 14 & 15.:)
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12378

oldmannoodles
3rd May 2009, 10:44 AM
I'm helping Kari clear a bit of room in his garage by offloading 2 of his putters on the 'bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180352105191

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180352102839

The 07A sold at buy-it-now to a guy in the U.S, so just the Mills style left if anyone's keen.

Lajosiputters
3rd May 2009, 10:56 AM
Kari, are you & the family doing the holiday thing at the Sunshine Coast in November? If so the Champs is being held there on 14 & 15.:)
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12378
Yes Ray we are, unfortunatly we are only up until the 8th

Courty, I have modelled something similar, it's at work, - I'll get some jpgs up tomorrow.

Kari

Courty
3rd May 2009, 11:23 AM
Courty, I have modelled something similar, it's at work, - I'll get some jpgs up tomorrow.

Kari

Sweet, I'm excited to see it!

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/12/06/big_kev_wideweb__470x317,0.jpg

Lajosiputters
3rd May 2009, 08:23 PM
I had a chance to do some modelling of the LP-S1(fastback) this afternoon, in between the lawns & the footy. The weight is 352g, with a 70* lie & 4* loft- (just my standard specs)
I am still working on the plumbers neck and a conventional shaft position, I should have them done in a couple of days.

Kari

Courty
3rd May 2009, 08:29 PM
What's the theory behind the depressions in the sole?

adlo
3rd May 2009, 08:30 PM
I looooike what I see

Lajosiputters
3rd May 2009, 08:51 PM
I needed to remove some weight and I didn't want to play around with the flange & bumpers so I thought I would try a couple of "bullet" cavities in the sole.

Kari

oldmannoodles
3rd May 2009, 09:30 PM
Haven't seen a double bullet-bottom before Kari. Looks very nice mate. Look forward to seeing the heel shaft version.

Lajosiputters
4th May 2009, 02:25 PM
I personally prefer something a bit more rounded. I've tried a bunch of different putters, but I keep on coming back to the Odyssey #5:

http://www.tgw.com/images/golf/products/clubs/putters/odyssey/10960/ptl-5-setup.jpg

Is it within the realms of possibility to create a putter with the same profile?

Courty, here are a couple of design's I modelled last yr.

Kari

Courty
4th May 2009, 08:31 PM
Courty, here are a couple of design's I modelled last yr.

Kari

Now we're talkin'! The KLP6 is right up my alley. :mrgreen:

adlo
4th May 2009, 08:34 PM
All these mid mallet designs are the business.

Lajosiputters
4th May 2009, 10:41 PM
I got a chance to finish my other models of the LP-S1.
Heel shafted and Plumbers neck, the head weights are - 352g & 345g
I hope to get one up on the mill this week, - it's always exciting milling a new design.

Kari

haysey
5th May 2009, 08:39 AM
:shock:

LP-S3....Can't wait to see buy myself one of those8)

grandmasterb
5th May 2009, 10:10 AM
KLP6 for me please :D

Scottt
8th May 2009, 08:52 PM
Mr Lajosi is even getting love on GolfWRX:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=141014&mode=threaded&pid=905871

grandmasterb
8th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Should have mine in 2 weeks :D

Lajosiputters
8th May 2009, 11:16 PM
I had a chance to mill the LPS1-CS today, here are a couple of pics just off the mill, sorry for the picture quality,( you just can't beat daylight) - I have some work to go but it should give you an idea.
There are also some pics of this V-groove milling I am working on for the putter face, - the size of the milled area and the depth I am still developing but the first proto feels really soft.!
The finish is new too, "Gun Metal", - titanuim nickel with black chrome added, it's looks really good.-( can't really see in the pics)

I'll get some more pics up of the LPS1-CS when she's finished and maybe some new V-goove paterns!!

Kari

adlo
9th May 2009, 05:17 PM
The LPS1-CS is looking the goods.

Also, are there any broomstick options available? I know someone who is looking for a broomy, probably in an anser style, would be keen on a custom made baby.

rebjon
9th May 2009, 07:41 PM
The LPS1-CS is looking the goods.

Also, are there any broomstick options available? I know someone who is looking for a broomy, probably in an anser style, would be keen on a custom made baby.

Yep that would be me as i can't putt for shit.....

adlo
9th May 2009, 07:45 PM
[/b]

Yep that would be me as i can't putt for shit.....
Did you get my sms?

rebjon
9th May 2009, 09:00 PM
Did you get my sms?

Yer too late i do like that ping shape though....

Hopefully Lajosi can do something for me.....

zigwah
18th May 2009, 10:03 AM
The LPS1-CS looks exactly what i'm after! How many of these are you doing Kari, i would love to get my hands on one.

oldmannoodles
18th May 2009, 10:55 AM
Putter porn - Kari's photobucket album: http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/lajosiputters/

ddasey
18th May 2009, 11:06 AM
Putter porn - Kari's photobucket album: http://s719.photobucket.com/albums/ww199/lajosiputters/

Fantastic array of putters.

Wonder if I could sneak one past the finance minister :-k

Lajosiputters
18th May 2009, 09:52 PM
The LPS1-CS looks exactly what i'm after! How many of these are you doing Kari, i would love to get my hands on one.
Zigwah,
I have made 3, - number 1 is taken but the other 2 are available.

Kari

adlo
18th May 2009, 10:31 PM
Lajosi, I am also looking at that model. Are you able to PM with more info re finish, price etc?

Also, re my post above, do you make any broomsticks?

Scottt
18th May 2009, 11:08 PM
Also, re my post above, do you make any cheatsticks?

Fixed it for you ;)

adlo
18th May 2009, 11:10 PM
At least the cheatstick is not for me.

Scottt
18th May 2009, 11:16 PM
Present for your new coach? ;)

adlo
18th May 2009, 11:17 PM
Rebjon is looking to shave a few strokes off the handicap.

Scottt
18th May 2009, 11:19 PM
He could PM Miro and ask where he got his special shoes from?

adlo
18th May 2009, 11:21 PM
He could PM Miro and ask where he got his special shoes from?
:lol:

vovo
19th May 2009, 01:09 AM
I too am interested in one of your fast backs, however, I have just recently moved to a new city and unfortunately not getting much golf under the belt, and having been out of employment for 3 months I am now getting back on my feet.

Will contact you soon, once everything starts returning to normal

Lajosiputters
21st May 2009, 07:47 PM
This LPS1-CS is just about ready to be plated, here are some pics.

Kari

just
21st May 2009, 07:50 PM
That's a lovely bit of work, Kari. Can it hole the putt for me?

Lajosiputters
21st May 2009, 08:34 PM
That's a lovely bit of work, Kari. Can it hole the putt for me?
If you feel more comfortable over the ball- maybe?
But I can't guarantee it!!!

3oneday
21st May 2009, 10:11 PM
Whats the theory behind the grooves on the sole ?

Scottt
21st May 2009, 10:20 PM
Cuts through the air better when you chuck it.

mike
21st May 2009, 10:21 PM
Please pay attention, Pete.

I needed to remove some weight and I didn't want to play around with the flange & bumpers so I thought I would try a couple of "bullet" cavities in the sole.

Kari

Lajosiputters
21st May 2009, 10:26 PM
I milled the grooves to remove some weight, I wanted the head to be about 350g and I liked the look of 2 bullet cavities on the sole.

Kari

3oneday
21st May 2009, 10:29 PM
mike,

Thanks, my feeling was that it was covered but 7 pages is too hard.

By the way, how does it feel to know you had to rort the salary cap to finish 7th last year :shock:

mike
21st May 2009, 10:40 PM
Wouldn't have made the 8 unless we did.

mike
21st May 2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks, my feeling was that it was covered but 7 pages is too hard.

You're supposed to do a thorough search before posting.

3oneday
21st May 2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks, that's why you only have 1675 ;)

Jono
21st May 2009, 10:43 PM
LPS1-CS ..... mmmm .... I want one!

Kari, can you make it without the grooves on the sole? And can you make the lie flat? Really flat. Around 10 degrees flat. 8)

Would you mind sending me a PM with the price of the LPS1-CS? Or post here if you are OK with it.

Very nice looking putter.

adlo
21st May 2009, 11:50 PM
I am drooling over the LPS1-CS, just need the $.

Awesome looking putter.

Scottt
21st May 2009, 11:51 PM
Save me searching, Adlo, what page is it on?

Scottt
21st May 2009, 11:52 PM
I found it. Never mind.

adlo
21st May 2009, 11:52 PM
Post #128.

We asked for a CS fastback style putter a few weeks back and there it is!

I believe haysey has nabbed one.

adlo
21st May 2009, 11:53 PM
I found it. Never mind.
Screw you

Scottt
21st May 2009, 11:54 PM
Remove the back flange and soften the bunpers a bit and you've got me.

adlo
21st May 2009, 11:57 PM
Aren't you Anser style boy?

Scottt
22nd May 2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah. Anser 2.

Those bumper edges are just a bit sharp for my liking.

haysey
22nd May 2009, 05:55 AM
Post #128.

We asked for a CS fastback style putter a few weeks back and there it is!

I believe haysey has nabbed one.

I've got a plumbers neck fastback style coming. Can't wait:wink:

just
22nd May 2009, 06:22 AM
I've got a plumbers neck fastback style coming. Can't wait:wink:

Surely you are breaking some sort of record for Ozgolf ho'ness, Haysey?:shock: Perhaps the Guinness record thread may be appropriate! This is truly greatness in the making!:)

haysey
22nd May 2009, 06:50 AM
Surely you are breaking some sort of record for Ozgolf ho'ness, Haysey?:shock: Perhaps the Guinness record thread may be appropriate! This is truly greatness in the making!:)

I can only aspire to be as good as 3oneday and Tomson.

Maybe one day if I work really hard I could be in the same class as the uber-ho's8)

Scottt
22nd May 2009, 06:51 AM
Does 3 actually game that much gear? I thought he pretty much just used OzGolf as an ersatz shopfront (and at his prices, he couldn't afford the rent on a shop!)?

haysey
22nd May 2009, 06:55 AM
Does 3 actually game that much gear? I thought he pretty much just used OzGolf as an ersatz shopfront (and at his prices, he couldn't afford the rent on a shop!)?

Haven't you heard about the shrink wrapping machine he uses to put the plastic back around the clubheads before he ships them off.:mrgreen:

3oneday
22nd May 2009, 07:27 AM

Most I buy for me and change my mind mid flight, ala Kombi(s), wtf does ersatz mean :confused:

Mind you.... my mp60/mp32 combos arrived a day early and got a workout at the range last night 8)

just
22nd May 2009, 08:11 AM
wtf does ersatz mean :confused:
Substitute or replacement. In english it normally is slightly derogatory, because it is meant as a inferior substitute. eg person x is not an intellectual, he is an ersatz intellectual.

Scottt
22nd May 2009, 08:17 AM
Rest assured I wasn't sledging you Pete, and I'll rest assured you wouldn't give a f**k even if I was :lol:

3oneday
22nd May 2009, 08:45 AM
Rest assured I wasn't sledging you Pete, and I'll rest assured you wouldn't give a f**k even if I was :lol:

:) I would have googled if I cared :lol:

Thanks just 8)

oldmannoodles
25th May 2009, 05:41 PM
Kari's given me a couple more 2008 models to sell on ebay. Both brilliant putters but the KLP4 has a feel that is beyond superb to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180360393769

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180360388695

No mentions of "softest metal available" this time ;)

razaar
25th May 2009, 07:05 PM
You are getting good at this Ben.:)

Courty
25th May 2009, 08:03 PM
I've got a KLP6 on it's way very soon. 8)

haysey
25th May 2009, 08:16 PM
Oh no.....

grandmasterb
26th May 2009, 08:53 AM
I've got a KLP6 on it's way very soon. 8)

As do i except slightly changed from the original 8-)

razaar
3rd June 2009, 10:38 PM
Kari's given me a couple more 2008 models to sell on ebay. Both brilliant putters but the KLP4 has a feel that is beyond superb to me.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180360393769

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180360388695

No mentions of "softest metal available" this time ;)
Did an OZgolfer win either of these?

zigwah
4th June 2009, 09:32 AM
Can't wait to take delivery of mine, the suspense is killing me :)

paulyboy
5th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Called into Kari's this arvo.
Getting him to make me a long neck KLP18, and also a custom made from copper for my mate (it's a surprise, shhh don't tell him)
Very excited and cursing myself for being cool and saying "yeah, no hurry mate" grrrr
Paul

adlo
5th June 2009, 08:56 PM
Can't wait to take delivery of mine, the suspense is killing me :)
You ended up going for the CS mallet zig?

zigwah
5th June 2009, 09:08 PM
You ended up going for the CS mallet zig?

No, the LPS1-CS can't wait to hole some putts.

razaar
6th June 2009, 06:42 PM
Called into Kari's this arvo.
Getting him to make me a long neck KLP18, and also a custom made from copper for my mate (it's a surprise, shhh don't tell him)
Very excited and cursing myself for being cool and saying "yeah, no hurry mate" grrrr
Paul
Hey Paul
Way to go mate...just knew you would do it.

:D

paulyboy
7th June 2009, 08:55 PM
Am I that transparent????
LoL

patch
8th June 2009, 12:24 PM
these babies look the goods just sent him an email will see what happens

Spikemark
8th June 2009, 04:43 PM
Now I know Razaar is well aware of this bloke as he has a few of his creations already, but I thought I'd spread the word on a guy called Kari Lajosi who makes some brilliant hand-made and cnc milled putters.

Most of his putters are one-piece cnc milled carbon steel models. He does it all himself, from CAD designs to the milling, stamping and paintfilling. I'm lucky enough to live not far away from him and as he's making me a custom at the moment I've been able to try out a bunch of his blades. They feel and look incredible.
You are a wanker mate. Which shop is it available in? You have won a dozen balls....

Yossarian
8th June 2009, 04:53 PM
You are a wanker mate. Which shop is it available in? You have won a dozen balls....

http://i43.tinypic.com/2py84zp.jpg

razaar
8th June 2009, 06:05 PM
Another Titleist tragic/tosser it seems. Who else would confuse custom putters with 'run of the mill' putters.

oldmannoodles
8th June 2009, 07:06 PM

Brilliant. Amazing what can be read into such a short post; ignorance, immaturity, disrespect, complete disregard for relevance, lacking in grammatical and vocabulary intelligence - you'll fit in well here!

I thought that Titleist troll got booted?

Jarro
8th June 2009, 10:05 PM
Brilliant. Amazing what can be read into such a short post; ignorance, immaturity, disrespect, complete disregard for relevance, lacking in grammatical and vocabulary intelligence - you'll fit in well here!

I thought that Titleist troll got booted?

I doubt that :-"

oldmannoodles
8th June 2009, 10:14 PM
Agreed Jarro; tongue firmly in cheek with that comment.

Courty
10th June 2009, 09:39 PM
Received my KLP6 today. I was pleasantly surprised to find a few other little personalised goodies included in the package. 8)

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/1329/klp6009.jpg

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/7034/klp6018.jpg

I took it out on the course this afternoon and found it to play, feel & roll beautifully. In fact, I nailed the first putt I attempted with it, a 15 foot par save. :mrgreen:

Courty
10th June 2009, 09:40 PM
Oh, I forgot to say how happy I am with the service, communication & quality that Kari has demonstrated. I will definitely be promoting his services to anyone who shows interest.

Tomson
11th June 2009, 01:14 PM
The finish on that putter was excellent, I think I will have to put my order in soon.

I don't know how you couldn't love this putter.

3oneday
11th June 2009, 01:33 PM
He spelt county wrong.

haysey
11th June 2009, 02:24 PM
The finish on that putter was excellent, I think I will have to put my order in soon.

I don't know how you couldn't love this putter.

Awesome putter. Loved the look of it. It's annoying that Courty putts well with it but:roll:

He spelt countywrong.

Lucasto23
11th June 2009, 02:30 PM
Awesome putter. Loved the look of it. It's annoying that Courty putts well with it but:roll:

Have you got your putter yet Haysey?

I'm eagerly awaiting a review:mrgreen:

haysey
11th June 2009, 02:35 PM
Have you got your putter yet Haysey?

I'm eagerly awaiting a review:mrgreen:

Not yet, it won't be far away. I dribbled:lol: all over Courty's yesterday, I'm surprised he wanted it back....

Courty
11th June 2009, 03:37 PM
Not yet, it won't be far away. I dribbled:lol: all over Courty's yesterday, I'm surprised he wanted it back....

Don't worry, I disinfected it as soon as I got home. ;)

haysey
18th June 2009, 08:19 PM
My new putter is on its way. The next week will be like a kid waiting for xmas:cry:

vovo
20th June 2009, 01:11 AM
My new putter is on its way. The next week will be like a kid waiting for xmas:cry:
Is that rust (the raw look you were talking about), do you leave it rusty, or do you protect it with some lubricant film?

The rusty look actually looks quite nice, and with the speed with which you cycle through gear, I don't think we need to worry about the long term damage.

solarman
22nd June 2009, 02:50 PM
:lol: the rusty look is there to go with the look of his swing ;)

paulyboy
22nd June 2009, 04:45 PM
Rusty look?
Isn't that some sort of copper finish??

ParMaster
22nd June 2009, 04:46 PM
How would i go about ordering a custom made putter from Lajosi?

just
22nd June 2009, 05:29 PM
Send him a PM or look for his email address which is in this thread somewhere.

Webster
22nd June 2009, 05:30 PM
You could get in contact with him and order one.

paulyboy
22nd June 2009, 05:34 PM

razaar
22nd June 2009, 05:37 PM

Although his name is spelt Kari it is pronounced 'Cory' should you speak with him.

haysey
22nd June 2009, 05:47 PM
I think the finish is called "Plum Brown". I wanted something that would rust and thats what (I think) I've got....

Solarman, GGF:roll:

Courty
22nd June 2009, 05:51 PM
I think the finish is called "Poo Brown".

So you're getting a putter to match your game. ;)

haysey
22nd June 2009, 05:53 PM
So you're getting a putter to match your game. ;)

Wanker

paulyboy
22nd June 2009, 05:57 PM
I just don't wanna know how they get that finish......eeewww

haysey
22nd June 2009, 06:04 PM
I just don't wanna know how they get that finish......eeewww

Don't encourage him pauly, he'll only think he's funny....

haysey
26th June 2009, 08:42 AM
Woohoo, my Lajosi is here. Love it (cue jizzed.in.my.pants. picture)

Only rolled it on the carpet so far but I can't wait to get to the golf course now. I think the wife will be sleeping on the couch tonight.

Love your work Kari:smt038

3oneday
26th June 2009, 08:55 AM
ho

Tomson
26th June 2009, 09:27 AM
I second that...

now he wants a fubuki... what next..

haysey
26th June 2009, 10:16 AM
I second that...

now he wants a fubuki... what next..

Pair of clowns, possession is 9/10ths of the law Tommo:mrgreen:

Lurv the putter

Tomson
26th June 2009, 10:31 AM
Pair of clowns, possession is 9/10ths of the law Tommo:mrgreen:

Lurv the putter

Did I tell you about the self destruct bomb in the shaft...:mrgreen:

haysey
26th June 2009, 10:34 AM
Did I tell you about the self destruct bomb in the shaft...:mrgreen:

:smt073:smt073

markTHEblake
26th June 2009, 06:48 PM
I'd consider one of these but new putters are cursed. every time I ever got a new putter i would three putt it the first time i used it.

patch
27th June 2009, 12:36 PM
ordered mine 3 days ago cant wait to get it

kwantfm
5th July 2009, 03:34 PM
Thought I'd post some pics of my custom Lajosi.

I asked Kari to model a putter after a Bettinardi Tour Prototype Blade that I saw on Putter Talk. I think that the finished product is very good. Feel is extremely solid and I would rate this the second best putter I have in my stable and only just behind my Scotty Buttonback Newport (thanks Nudgee).

Kari was also kind enough to send a customised ball marker and pitch mark repairer. Finally this would have to be the best packaged golf club I've ever received by courier. I almost need a machete to get into the box!

T

haysey
6th July 2009, 07:17 AM
Just ordered myself another Lajosi8) As per the pic below. But "poo brown" :wink: and with a sight dot.....

mike
6th July 2009, 01:15 PM
You can never have too many putters.

Apparently.

haysey
6th July 2009, 02:17 PM
Apparently one can never have to many headcovers either:wink:

Thanks Kari

Courty
6th July 2009, 04:33 PM
Just ordered myself another Lajosi8) As per the pic below. But "poo brown" :wink: and with a sight dot.....

Bloody Ho!

Apparently one can never have to many headcovers either:wink:

Thanks Kari

Oi! One of them is mine!

Lajosiputters
13th July 2009, 10:33 PM
Here are a couple CS mallets I have just finished- Gun metal with "wave grooves" and a Bright silver nickel.

Kari

grandmasterb
13th July 2009, 10:38 PM

Thats the exact model i want, let me know how it goes.

zigwah
13th July 2009, 10:41 PM
How good do they look, outstanding work Kari. Lads meet Alice she's the nice shiny one :)

Yossarian
13th July 2009, 10:54 PM
Here are a couple CS mallets I have just finished- Gun metal with "wave grooves" and a Bright silver nickel.

Kari

=P~
=P~

Matt 3 Jab
14th July 2009, 09:11 AM
Got any broomstick models available?

Looking for a 'Big Sur' heel shafted broomy

peter_rs
14th July 2009, 10:21 AM
Any time you need someone to test a putter... I will cover the freight :)

Lajosiputters
14th July 2009, 06:44 PM
Got any broomstick models available?

Looking for a 'Big Sur' heel shafted broomy

I've just finished my first belly, but no broomstick's as yet.

Kari

Lajosiputters
15th July 2009, 11:04 PM
Here some of my new divot tool & ball marker designs, - plus my new head cover.

Kari

jaybam
15th July 2009, 11:09 PM
Flash.

haysey
13th August 2009, 10:17 PM
8)

ParMaster
13th August 2009, 10:35 PM
Oh yeah...

How much did that one set you back? Head Only?

oldmannoodles
13th August 2009, 10:56 PM
Is that the famous KLP18 Haysey? Probably the best Anser Dalehead version going round in the world I reckon. Kari's attention to detail and clean milling is better than any other current manufacturer - the honest opinion of a shameless putter ho.

zigwah
13th August 2009, 11:22 PM
I have never owned a scotty, but i have rolled a few putters and the putter i received from kari is ****ing awsome i tells ya. It is magnificently balanced, i don't think i will ever look at another putter again, this will stay with me for the long haul even if i putt shite.

I have only had 3 rounds with this putter and have not 3 putted, doesn't sound like much but when in context of the last 7 months this putter has the goods to help drop the putts that make an awsome round.

Kari keep going how your going mate, and you will put Aussie club makers on the map, if you have not already from my limited experience of all that is Lajosi.

If your thinking of sinking some bux into a putter give Kari a look before you look at sending your cash overseas.

razaar
14th August 2009, 09:12 AM
If you prefer no offset in a putter, this new model may fit the bill.
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/bennie_065/LP112-b.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/bennie_065/LP112004.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo283/bennie_065/LP112003.jpg
Hoping to test it later in the month.

haysey
14th August 2009, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah...

How much did that one set you back? Head Only?

PM Kari for prices. It's unfinished, still has to have the finish applied, shaft installed etc etc.

Is that the famous KLP18 Haysey?

Sure is:smt023

If you prefer no offset in a putter, this new model may fit the bill.
Hoping to test it later in the month.

That looks very nice as well:-k

patch
14th August 2009, 06:05 PM
received my lajosi putter 2 days ago and used it today and im in love i have owned camerons and they are crap in comparison to the lajosi . anyone thinking of buying a high end putter should buy this instead of any of the rack junk .

3oneday
14th August 2009, 06:08 PM
That's easy to say though, I wouldn't have the foggiest what design I want !

oldmannoodles
14th August 2009, 06:17 PM

Easily solved - buy a few! I've got 3 Lajosi putters and counting. I always thought finding my ideal putter would cure me of my buying addiction. Didn't happen, but at least I'm only buying one brand now.

I've got them on a rotation dependent upon where I'm playing, how slick the greens are going to be and which one feels "right" on the day.

paulyboy
14th August 2009, 06:19 PM
Hey Ben, I saw one of the BM's you designed at Kari's last night. Mate that thing is unreal!!!

paulyboy
14th August 2009, 06:20 PM
I have a silver bullet coming and my longneck is in the works, but now I want one of those too....

Iain
14th August 2009, 06:52 PM

That's my issue as well getting one.... :-k

oldmannoodles
15th August 2009, 01:05 AM
Pauly, happy to say the BM3 model is a dream. It's easy to come up with a design but the real talent lies in CAD modelling the thing, getting it balanced, ensuring the sweetspot is where it should be, the lie and loft and weight are spot on, the stampings fit, the finish is pure, etc, etc....

Bottom line... Kari Lajosi gets the job done better than anyone else.

razaar
15th August 2009, 07:55 AM
Pauly, happy to say the BM3 model is a dream. It's easy to come up with a design but the real talent lies in CAD modelling the thing, getting it balanced, ensuring the sweetspot is where it should be, the lie and loft and weight are spot on, the stampings fit, the finish is pure, etc, etc....

Bottom line... Kari Lajosi gets the job done better than anyone else.
+1 :)
The KLP5T is also a marvellous wand.

oldmannoodles
15th August 2009, 12:45 PM
The KLP5T is also a marvellous wand.

Agreed Ray, I've got one of your 5Ts as well.

haysey
17th August 2009, 07:30 PM
After a week in the ocean. My new baby is on its way8) Can't wait to roll it....

razaar
17th August 2009, 07:42 PM
Haysey you got special treatment, my order was in months before yours.:-s

oldmannoodles
17th August 2009, 08:26 PM
Haysey, what finish is that? Don't think I've seen it on a Lajosi before (unless it's just lit weirdly).

haysey
17th August 2009, 08:31 PM
Haysey you got special treatment, my order was in months before yours.:-s

Raz, you should do what I do. Beg, plead and cry like a two year old:lol:

Haysey, what finish is that? Don't think I've seen it on a Lajosi before (unless it's just lit weirdly).

It's plum brown, same as my other one. Although it does look a little darker in that picture....

razaar
17th August 2009, 10:09 PM
Raz, you should do what I do. Beg, plead and cry like a two year old:lol:...
:lol:

haysey
21st August 2009, 08:33 PM
After a week in the ocean. My new baby is on its way8) Can't wait to roll it....

This arrived today. It looks even better in real life than in the photos.

I'm one very happy putter ho right now8)

mike
21st August 2009, 10:01 PM
How's the lie angle on this one, haysey?

dhills2
22nd August 2009, 12:16 AM
my shortlist is getting longer... too many purdy putters :P

MegaWatty
2nd September 2009, 11:21 PM
As on the other thread. I'm now in contact with Kari and am working out which one to get. I'm leaning towards the LPS1 centre shafted.

zigwah
3rd September 2009, 11:28 PM
good choice

MegaWatty
4th September 2009, 01:19 AM
How do you find the centre shaft Zig?

zigwah
4th September 2009, 09:14 AM
I really like the centre shaft, not sure what more i could say about it. my putting stroke is an arc back and through the ball and the centre shaft really suits this.

razaar
4th September 2009, 09:21 AM
Every putting stroke is an arc stroke since the R&A banned the crochet type putter.

paulyboy
4th September 2009, 07:23 PM
Kari just emailed me this pic of one I asked him to make me a while ago.
Looks pretty cool to me.
Paul

haysey
4th September 2009, 08:27 PM
Very nice putter Paul:smt023

Courty
4th September 2009, 10:07 PM
Kari just emailed me this pic of one I asked him to make me a while ago.
Looks pretty cool to me.
Paul

Yummy, the next time I get one it'll be in the chrome finish. Looks awesome!