PDA

View Full Version : My Dinosaur Clubs What do i do

shin
23rd April 2009, 03:45 PM
Hi
where to start, well i had a hit a week or so ago my first round of 18 in a bit over 8yrs and hit an 88 on a par 70 with 37 putts 2 3 putts for bgy and a 3 putt for par
thought i hit the ball all right most the time
I even hit a 5I from 165 to within a foot of the pin (soft greens)and centered a cpl of drives 250 ish.

anyway i'm still using sticks that i got in 95 as a Jnr
now i know the driver and three wood have got to go
a member i was playing with let me have a hit of his titti :)massive head:shock:was light as a feather and I was air mailing my previous drive with a massive slice :-s=P~ cant wait to get something similar to that.

and cpl new wedges and a putter

My question is do i need new irons or would a re-shaft,grip do
i want new clubs (but for $) and want to get back into it seriously by the end of the yr so am i better off getting new sticks soon while i'm still getting back into the grove or could i get away with not getting a new set for a yr or so.
Whats your opinion?

And any suggestions on some new irons for -10h'cap

Thanks Shane

Oh and these are my sticks

razaar
23rd April 2009, 03:53 PM
Donate all the sticks, except the putter, to your club's junior program & look at getting a new set. Plenty of blokes here will be capable of giving you advice on what to look out for.

Courty
23rd April 2009, 04:19 PM
Donate all the sticks, except the putter, to your club's junior program & look at getting a new set. Plenty of blokes here will be capable of giving you advice on what to look out for.

^ What he said.

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 04:21 PM
You will be amazed at how much easier the new stuff is to use. Particularly the woods. You can pick some stuff up here reasonably cheap.

Dotty
23rd April 2009, 05:09 PM
Don't forget about lessons and practice also.

Replace the clubs gradually, as you notice gaps in your game that better equipment could help. (Naturally, all the irons would be done together.)

Go to the demo days/nights, usually at the local range, to get an idea of what various new bits of equipment feel like. (Some OEMs have a list of these on their websites, or look up the free Inside Golf newspaper.)

Hybrids are new since your last game, which replace 2, 3 and possibly 4 irons. Some players like them, others not. Give the various makes a try at the demo days also.

ps. Or get yourself a high handicap, turn up with those Magique clubs and do some hustling. :wink:

pps. 5i to within a foot. Why change?

Beetle34
27th April 2009, 06:01 PM
I use callaway x 20's now after a 20 year break and find they are a good club to start on, but they can be a bit pricey, you can find some good second hand clubs on the callaway pre-owned site.