PDA

View Full Version : Worst hole in Australia?

sms316
23rd April 2009, 10:43 AM
I'm no archi buff, but I will nominate the 6th hole at Northbridge Golf Club in Sydney. A dog-leg par 3. Althoug in fairness to the hole, I could have nominated a few others from the course which starts off with a 350m par 4, followed by 5 par 3s in a row, none of which are under 180m.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1091/nthbr.jpg

Your nominations?

razaar
23rd April 2009, 10:46 AM
15th at Pacific GC. par-4 dog leg right 357 metres (blue tee).

razaar
23rd April 2009, 10:53 AM
Haven't played there for a few years so I guess the before version? I am referring to the 15th - has it been upgraded?

Webster
23rd April 2009, 10:54 AM
pics....we need pics for this thread

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 10:56 AM
before or after applies to 15 as well at pacific.

11 at riverlakes. just awful.

Dotty
23rd April 2009, 11:05 AM
4th @ Marrickville
265m p4, with first 100m up a very steep rise. No idea where the group ahead are. Accident waiting to happen.

8th @ Marrickville
180m p3. Same profile, same danger.

Very, very negligent.

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 11:16 AM
Pacific 15 is RH dogleg over the hill. 16 is a short par 4.

Changed 15 by moving the tee area up the hill, changed 16 by putting a big ass lake front right of the green.

sms316
23rd April 2009, 11:16 AM
I think I was confusing pacific 15th with 16th.
Only for 3 minutes.

ParMaster
23rd April 2009, 11:57 AM
This is no brainer. No hole that i've ever played in Australia is worse than the 11th at The Coast.

It's a hook 5 or 6 iron off the tee over a water hazard to a FW thats very narrow.
Then it's like a 3-4 iron to a green that is perched up on a hill and the green is hard as a rock. Oh it's like a 110 degree dogleg left.

Sound like a good hole?

sms316
23rd April 2009, 12:05 PM
golfer69 loves The Coast, not to mention their members.
:mrgreen:

(For those who don't understand this post, refer to the letters to the editor section in this month's Golf Digest).

BrisVegas
23rd April 2009, 12:17 PM
#7 at Toowoomba GC. dogleg right par 4 which requires a mid-long iron off the tee and another for the approach to a green that looks like a flat-top volcano.

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 12:27 PM
Is that the first one back after crossing the road?

BrisVegas
23rd April 2009, 12:28 PM
yes.

henno
23rd April 2009, 12:48 PM
Pacific 15 is RH dogleg over the hill. 16 is a short par 4.

Changed 15 by moving the tee area up the hill, changed 16 by putting a big ass lake front right of the green.

Neither of those are that bad. I hit driver then 8iron in to 15 last week, and then hybrid and PW onto 16. Two putted both for par without thinking that much of them.

I nominate the bloody par 5 (14th?) at reddy bay. Left, left, left, the whole way.

Minor_Threat
23rd April 2009, 01:32 PM
I cant remember the hole number but it is on the front nine of The Hills International, Jimboomba..

I remember you needed to layup with 5 iron or something and then you were hitting 3 or 4 iron into the green? There were no other alternatives! It just didnt make sense at all??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/codenerd/TheHills.jpg

BrisVegas
23rd April 2009, 01:47 PM
18 at kooralbyn is a snack. Just slap a couple of 3 woods up there and kick it in. :roll:

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 03:11 PM
Neither of those are that bad. I hit driver then 8iron in to 15 last week, and then hybrid and PW onto 16. Two putted both for par without thinking that much of them.

I nominate the bloody par 5 (14th?) at reddy bay. Left, left, left, the whole way.

Nothing wrong with the 14th at Reddy. It is a hard hole, but not a crap hole.

The new 18th at Kooralbyn was a bit of a shocker. But I have seen how to play it now :D

There are a few at Howeston that leave you scratching your head.

henno
23rd April 2009, 03:15 PM
Nothing wrong with the 14th at Reddy. It is a hard hole, but not a crap hole.

Good point. I got distracted by all of this talk of difficult holes. 14 is actually a beautiful hole; I just can't seem to par the thing. (Played twice, double bogey first time, bogey second time).

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 03:16 PM
I lipped a birdie on it last time. Missed a fairly rare chance there.

Courty
23rd April 2009, 03:17 PM
Hmmm. now you've posted that it reminds me that the 18th at Kooralbyn is worthy of a mention.

I know nothing about course design, but the 18th at Kooralbyn makes me scratch my head. :?

henno
23rd April 2009, 03:18 PM
I lipped a birdie on it last time. Missed a fairly rare chance there.

Is it actually possible to hit it in reg with three straight shots? Or is some sort of right-to-left movement almost absolutely necessary?

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 03:18 PM
Wasn't there one at Ipswich that was a shocker?

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 03:19 PM
Is it actually possible to hit it in reg with three straight shots? Or is some sort of right-to-left movement almost absolutely necessary?

Definately. You need to get to the corner in 2. There is only the one corner.

henno
23rd April 2009, 03:21 PM
Definately. You need to get to the corner in 2. There is only the one corner.

Yeah, but you basically have to fire right at the bunker on the right, and hope it pulls up short. (Baring in mind I have only played it twice)

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 03:22 PM
Nah, plenty of landing area longer if you go closer to the trees.

goughy
23rd April 2009, 04:50 PM
#7 at Toowoomba GC. dogleg right par 4 which requires a mid-long iron off the tee and another for the approach to a green that looks like a flat-top volcano.

Bit miffed with the description here BV?? For me it's a 3i off the tee. 3w generally has me too far into the trees. But it sounds like you are describing a long iron needed for your approach to the green (which I hate and is a shitty green!!! I once remember chipping across and down that green like 7 times once). If I hit a 3i off the tee left rough it's a pw (maybe 9i) to the green. If I hit it right fairway it's a punched gw. I have tried a cut driver before.

Andrew
23rd April 2009, 05:10 PM
This is no brainer. No hole that i've ever played in Australia is worse than the 11th at The Coast.

It's a hook 5 or 6 iron off the tee over a water hazard to a FW thats very narrow.
Then it's like a 3-4 iron to a green that is perched up on a hill and the green is hard as a rock. Oh it's like a 110 degree dogleg left.

Sound like a good hole?
I have to agree.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i317/Zarm/Others/coast.jpg
The tee shot is 160m. The approach shot is 180m straight up hill.

Andrew
23rd April 2009, 05:11 PM
I think the Coast is peachy keen.
Every bit as good as NSW, St Micks and Randwick.:oops:
Hey Rich, don't blame yourself. Blame your idiot advisor.

Scottt
23rd April 2009, 05:13 PM
One sec: The Coast is at least better than Randwick, isn't it?

sms316
23rd April 2009, 05:16 PM
I have to agree.

I'm gonna brag here. In the 1993? NSW Junior, I hit driver (and actuall pulled it up before the crap thru the fairway), PW. Was about 7 over coming to that hole though, so I thought "why not?".

Shocking hole btw.

Grunt
23rd April 2009, 05:19 PM
Was a different hole in 93 SMS. the dogleg was straighter.

Andrew
23rd April 2009, 05:31 PM
SMS,

Grant's right. Back then it was a driver. The tee was back up the hill & you had a better angle to cut some of the corner.

I'm sorry, but you have no reason to brag. :)

sms316
23rd April 2009, 05:37 PM
That explains why I don't remember that building.

Courty
23rd April 2009, 06:19 PM
I have to agree.

Probably doesn't help if you play to the trees right of the green. ;)

senecio
23rd April 2009, 06:52 PM
The 1st, 7th and 15th holes at Riverlakes. Three par 4's on the one course that can only be played 6-iron, wedge.

Yossarian
23rd April 2009, 07:01 PM
I have to agree.

That looks shithouse. For what its worth i think the second at glen iris is a really awful hole. Not difficult just really badly layed out.

markTHEblake
23rd April 2009, 07:17 PM
there are plenty of holes that i dont like, but thats usually because they dont fit my one dimensional game. I honestly cant think of any holes that i consider to be 'bad'

15th @ Robina Woods. I know there was a mishap during construction that caused some of the mess but its a hole that really needs a 7 iton off the tee then a 3 iron.

not saying its a good hole, but i have always been fortunate to play the hole well, so it doesnt bother me.

on the other hand the 7th causes me tears every time.

I cant remember the hole number but it is on the front nine of The Hills International, Jimboomba..

freind of mine that was a member there for many years (went to the school) said he usually played it 6iron, then 3 iron.

PeteyD
23rd April 2009, 08:09 PM
C'mon, you can hit the first on Riverlakes with a 3W. 11 is still a worse hole. Totally stupid with the trees around the green and the big gum on the right.

But that dogleg around the building above is a beauty.

Have a look at some of the golf courses around Palm Springs on Google Earth. There are some shockers in there.

Johnny Canuck
23rd April 2009, 08:46 PM
WA has some great nominees.

Secret Harbour #15 - Par 4 - A giant mound in the middle of the fairway really makes the hole crap.
Secret Harbour #17 - Par 4 - The last time I played it, I hit 8 iron off the tee to not go in the water hazard. If you go for the green, death awaits everywhere but dead straight. However, the green starts immediately after the water hazard, so sticking it on is near impossible as the greens are usually lightening.

The Cut #11 - Par 4 - After playing it a few times, I think 9 iron, 9 iron is the best way to play this hole.

The Cut #17 - Par 4 - Strangely enough, this used to be a double green with 11 that was actually pretty cool. Now they've f**ked that up too. Driveable par 4. The last time I played it, I hit my tee shot so far right that I had to hit a provisional. I found my drive in the left rough, almost off of the cliff. Everything slopes so severely left that a 7 iron is the best option off the tee.

I love risk/reward short par fours, when done correctly. Unfortunately, they seem to be the easiest holes to screw up in course design.

Moe Norman
23rd April 2009, 09:01 PM
the 12tth and 13th at Brisbane GC

The 15th (?) at Sanctuary Cove Pines

Struggling to match anything as bad as that one at the coast, although the 4th at Cooly Tweed West is pretty average from memory.

Johnny Canuck
23rd April 2009, 09:44 PM
I almost forgot about the Par 5 - 16th at Sanctuary in Bunbury. I birdied it both times I played it, so I don't hate the hole. However, on both days I played the hole 5 iron, 6 iron, 7 iron. Two forced carries over water. The tee shot usually plays into the wind, making the carry near impossible. The second shot would be an even longer carry.

Bruce Dickinson
23rd April 2009, 10:34 PM
WA has some great nominees.

Secret Harbour #15 - Par 4 - A giant mound in the middle of the fairway really makes the hole crap.
Secret Harbour #17 - Par 4 - The last time I played it, I hit 8 iron off the tee to not go in the water hazard. If you go for the green, death awaits everywhere but dead straight. However, the green starts immediately after the water hazard, so sticking it on is near impossible as the greens are usually lightening.

The Cut #11 - Par 4 - After playing it a few times, I think 9 iron, 9 iron is the best way to play this hole.

The Cut #17 - Par 4 - Strangely enough, this used to be a double green with 11 that was actually pretty cool. Now they've f**ked that up too. Driveable par 4. The last time I played it, I hit my tee shot so far right that I had to hit a provisional. I found my drive in the left rough, almost off of the cliff. Everything slopes so severely left that a 7 iron is the best option off the tee.

I love risk/reward short par fours, when done correctly. Unfortunately, they seem to be the easiest holes to screw up in course design.

plenty of room (35 plus metres) left of the mound on 15 at SH but its a harder shot for the second, layup short of the mound and have a longer second or take the gutsy line down the right which leaves an easier second straight up the green.....plenty of choices

I've never seen anyone take 8 iron of the 17th tee??? would have left a longer second than playing conventionally. Its 250 from the back tee to the water and 225 from the whites

Michaeljames92
24th April 2009, 12:24 AM
What about the WA Golf club FIRST hole? it is a 210m par 3 which when in club champs can be 225m. It is such a hard par 3 that for the men it is the hardest hole and for the women it plays as a short par 4 and their easiest hole.

razaar
24th April 2009, 05:28 AM
the 12tth and 13th at Brisbane GC

Funny, I consider both well designed holes. I heard there was some member opposition towards these holes. IMO the par-3 11th is poorly designed as the mounding on the approaches funnels everything into the green, from memory (which isn't good these days).:)

dwayne
24th April 2009, 07:16 AM
the 2nd at Pine Rivers, 6 iron to a straight downhill landing area and then wedge uphill to a narrow landing area

Jarro
24th April 2009, 07:28 AM
the 2nd at Pine Rivers, 6 iron to a straight downhill landing area and then wedge uphill to a narrow landing area

Yep, that's a shocker alright :smt093

I can't remember what hole number it was, but at MacArthur Grange there is a short par 4 late into the back nine ..... it's a blind tee shot from an elevated tee to an elevated green.

Stoopid hole :roll:

Grunt
24th April 2009, 07:39 AM
Yep, that's a shocker alright :smt093

I can't remember what hole number it was, but at MacArthur Grange there is a short par 4 late into the back nine ..... it's a blind tee shot from an elevated tee to an elevated green.

Stoopid hole :roll:

Jarro, that is actually not too bad a hole in concept, but I actually think it is not maintained/constructed in the form it was designed to be. The drawings I saw had the fairway going all the way to the hole and the tee a little higher so you could see the landing zone. Also the valley in front of the hole was fairway not the big shit fight that is there now. Intended to be a real Risk/reward hole. Ability for big hitters to drive the green, but risk missing the green and taking big scores.

goughy
24th April 2009, 07:58 AM
Can't believe no one has mentioned 1 through 9 at Jindalee!!! Though I disliked the really really short par 4 that is about number 4 or 5 or something. I used to hit a 3w off the tee, if lucky I was on the green, if not I had to chip back from beyond the green. Plain ridiculous that I could reach any par 4 with a 3w!!!!!

Dotty
24th April 2009, 08:15 AM
Another vote for Macarthur Grange 15th. Green is on a volcano, and any ball going over the back or sides, can be anywhere from 5-75m from the green, taking a variety of bounces along the way, in the long, dry rough. It was a big time waster as the 6th, but now as the 15th, probably wouldn't bother looking for the ball, if not scoring well.

Half a vote to Long Reef 3rd, short dogleg left, that has a local rule 'Any player landing on the green with their tee shot will be disqualified.'.

AndyP
24th April 2009, 09:44 AM
Holes that have trees sitting in the middle of fairways in landing zones. Hills 17th (?) comes to mind and I've ranted about that hole before.

Johnny Canuck
24th April 2009, 10:31 AM
plenty of room (35 plus metres) left of the mound on 15 at SH but its a harder shot for the second, layup short of the mound and have a longer second or take the gutsy line down the right which leaves an easier second straight up the green.....plenty of choices

I've never seen anyone take 8 iron of the 17th tee??? would have left a longer second than playing conventionally. Its 250 from the back tee to the water and 225 from the whites

17 is only 296 from the tips. we were playing from the blues. i hit 8 iron and left myself about 12 metres short of the water.

if you hit left on 15, it is very easy to get blocked out. i don't care what you say bruce, you can't convince me that a giant mound has any place in the middle of that fairway. it would be a very good hole without it.

Andrew
24th April 2009, 11:10 AM
Can I ask the opinion of the Sydney folk...for research purposes.

Do you like the 13th (par 5) at new brighton ? I hope I got the munber right.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a munber a Belgian chocolate bar filled with nougat?

Rich, I think you are talking about the 12th. A double dogleg par 5 where the average club golfer plays it as a 3 shotter, but the long hitter knocks a drive then an 8 iron on the green.

I'm pretty sure that's a Bob Harrison hole before he worked for Greg Norman. Who would have thought the man had another 50 double doglegs in him.

I don't mind the concept, but I don't believe it works with that hole. Firstly, it plays too short for the long hitters & would be a better hole if all the trees where chainsawed. The carry over the first corner is not that long, but golfers can't see the landing area & are scared of the trees. If the trees were gone, possibly replaced with a bunker/lake, many more golfers would have a crack at taking on the corner.

I personally think all the trees on both sides of that hole & the ones on the other side of the 5th should be taken out & replaced with lakes. It would improve the course visually, but more importantly it would improve the course strategically, as well as allowing better turf health & helping to lower the water table.

Bruce
24th April 2009, 12:27 PM
Surely any hole that doglegs more than 70 deg had better have a bloody good reason for it.

Grunt
24th April 2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah dont like it, Like Andrew said you can get over the trees on the right but you never are confident you can do it. It is also a hole that the bigger hitters can hit a great shot and then have to hit 2 wedges to the green.

Are you in consult with the club over it. How about that other terrible hole there, the 5th?

marcel
24th April 2009, 02:46 PM
18th at Narooma is a shocking finisher for a very fine course. Par 5, sweeping right dogleg that goes thru about 110 degrees

Nowhere near as bad as #11 at The Coast however

Courty
24th April 2009, 05:59 PM
Holes that have trees sitting in the middle of fairways in landing zones.

Yeah, the 3rd at Cairns fits in that category. Retards.

Scottt
24th April 2009, 06:01 PM
So is 17 at Cypress Point a shite hole then?

PeteyD
24th April 2009, 06:04 PM
Yea those trees make it totally rubbish.

Andrew
24th April 2009, 06:17 PM
So is 17 at Cypress Point a shite hole then?

But would it be better without those trees ?

Scottt
24th April 2009, 06:18 PM
But would it be better without those trees ?

Could be a good thread?

Moe Norman
24th April 2009, 06:21 PM
Funny, I consider both well designed holes. I heard there was some member opposition towards these holes.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13243 is the place for you then

or are you extracting the urine?

I am surprised Moey never mentioned 11....

It's rubbish, along with #7 also - but I can't put up 4 from my home club as nominations for 'worst in Australia' but 12 and 13 are genuine contenders.

Bruce
24th April 2009, 06:31 PM
No such discussion is complete without the epic par 3 5th at Westgate. 160m of terror.

To the north is one of Melbourne's busiest roads in Francis St. 600 trucks a day.
Down the right hand edge of the tee box to the corner is a 30ft high chain link fence.

Looks like it was a busy day down at Bodyline too.

[Added playing line to picture]

AndyP
24th April 2009, 06:34 PM
Bruce, I can't follow where the hole is. Where's the tee and green that we are meant to be looking at?

Bruce
24th April 2009, 06:38 PM
Redid the pic.

kev
24th April 2009, 06:42 PM
I wonder how many people have tried to airmail the Westgate at that course?

PeteyD
24th April 2009, 07:37 PM
There is a hole at Oxley that is like that.

Moe Norman
24th April 2009, 08:45 PM
which one??

razaar
24th April 2009, 08:58 PM
There is a hole at Oxley that is like that.
7th par-5 - first hole after crossing the road.?

PeteyD
24th April 2009, 09:35 PM
with the pallet yard on the right side, and the big warning signs on the tee.

Mayhem
25th April 2009, 06:50 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=304934&postcount=192

This photo posted by Golfer69 is one of my least favourite holes. 8th at Binningup. It used to be a good, challenging par 4 index 1. 420m elbows left. I am usually driver then 5i at best.

You are likely to get caught in bunkers if you hit straight off the tee. If you drive is good you have to fly a lake with a 5i. There used to be fairway there but they got rid of ther fairway to expand the lake. Lake is important for housing development. If you don't crunch your drive to 250 you have to treat it as a par 5, layup infront of the lake (where there is also a bunker to stop your ball rolling into the lake. So kind)

The green has bunkers right and lake left. Nasty. It used to be a good challenge where you could feed a shot into the green which is already difficult. Now I just don't like it.

WBennett
25th April 2009, 07:47 PM
18th at Narooma is a shocking finisher for a very fine course. Par 5, sweeping right dogleg that goes thru about 110 degrees

I don't mind 18 at Narooma - if you bomb your drive you have two options - go for it from 200 by cutting the blind corner or play safe left and leave a wedge in.

Last time I played there my partner took it on and ended up bunker left of green.

I took a wipe after failing to clear the 200m :oops:

Great risk reward!

adlo
25th April 2009, 08:24 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=304934&postcount=192

This photo posted by Golfer69 is one of my least favourite holes. 8th at Binningup. It used to be a good, challenging par 4 index 1. 420m elbows left. I am usually driver then 5i at best.

You are likely to get caught in bunkers if you hit straight off the tee. If you drive is good you have to fly a lake with a 5i. There used to be fairway there but they got rid of ther fairway to expand the lake. Lake is important for housing development. If you don't crunch your drive to 250 you have to treat it as a par 5, layup infront of the lake (where there is also a bunker to stop your ball rolling into the lake. So kind)

The green has bunkers right and lake left. Nasty. It used to be a good challenge where you could feed a shot into the green which is already difficult. Now I just don't like it.

It hurts to agree, but I must. What was once a corker, is now one of the worst, most butchered holes in WA :cry:

I also have to agree with JC on some holes at The Cut. So stupid. Especially for long hitters like JC.

Secret Harbour #15 is gimmicky but playable. #17 is pretty bad. Bruce D, I seem to remember that even I hit 5 or 6 iron off the tee there, so it must be shorter than 210-220 to the water. Johnny, driving the green there is not even an option, way too dangerous, no reward unless you stick the green which would be near impossible.

After seeing Lakelands #11, that is candidate. A pond in front of the green is so bad.

rodders
25th April 2009, 08:30 PM
No such discussion is complete without the epic par 3 5th at Westgate. 160m of terror.

To the north is one of Melbourne's busiest roads in Francis St. 600 trucks a day.
Down the right hand edge of the tee box to the corner is a 30ft high chain link fence.

Looks like it was a busy day down at Bodyline too.

[Added playing line to picture]

That's a classic course. The first hole I over hit with a sand wedge.

Never knew that was a rub and tug shop behind the 5th.... did you take a driver off the tee Bruce?

Johnny Canuck
25th April 2009, 09:07 PM
WA has some great nominees

Played The Cut today.

Hole 11: Hit 5 iron perfectly and was left with a blind lob wedge to the hole.

Bad golf. If I hit a 6 iron, I risk rolling 100m back down a hill. If I hit more club, I have a blind lob wedge out of the rough. Terrible hole.

Hole 17: Played it smart. Hit 7 iron off the tee, partially because I said it would. Landed it on the right side of the fairway, almost in the rough. Got over the hill and couldn't find my ball. My 7 iron rolled out, ended up traveling 225m, no wind assist and I was in a bunker left of the fairway. If I hit 8 iron, I might not make it up the hill and it would have rolled 80m backwards. I could not land it any further right. If I hit anymore club I would end up in the same bunker, just a little further up. Terrible hole, even worse than 11.

I played with two people that had never played the course and on both holes, without me saying a thing, they both complained that the holes were terrible.

All up, I don't mind the course. However, I truly believe that it is the most overrated golf course in the country. Take away the views and the course is nothing.

adlo
26th April 2009, 12:33 AM
The Cut is certainly overrated. Like you have mentioned, too often the line of play and club selection are dictated. No choices on quite a few holes. I imagine it would get very boring to play regularly.

Andrew
26th April 2009, 06:49 AM
The Cut is certainly overrated.

Courses often take a few years to find their true ranking position. A course like The Cut is different to what many people (& ranking panelists) play, so they find it difficult to compare it to other courses.

Hope Island was in the Top 10 in its first magazine list it appeared in. It was all just hype that died down after a year or two. The reality is, it barely deserves to be in the Top 100.

adlo
26th April 2009, 01:00 PM
I am surprised Rebjon hasn't nominated Quarry #4 at Joondalup.

He hates that hole. Maybe he doesn't want another argument with Bruce Dickinson.

Johnny Canuck
26th April 2009, 01:23 PM
I like the 4th, don't like the second.

simmsy
26th April 2009, 02:42 PM
I nominate the whole quarry nine at Joondalup not just 2 or 4!
It's like an arcade game or fantasy course on Playstation.

Matt 3 Jab
26th April 2009, 07:08 PM
18th at lakeside, stupid tree.

nuf said.

u8ergolfer
26th April 2009, 07:29 PM
Anyone nominated anyone of 'Sexy Fingers' Peter Thompson's works? The Open course at Moonah and the Brindabella 9 at Royal Canberra come to mind.

Bruce
26th April 2009, 07:44 PM
Peter Thompson...
3rd at Sandhurst Champions
18th at Moonah Open

Both are shocking but are a fair way from the worst in Australia.

AndyP
26th April 2009, 07:46 PM
The 18th at Moonah Open definitely sticks in my mind as a "dog turd".

Bruce
26th April 2009, 07:48 PM
I can't remember where I got the advice from but once someone told me to ignore the fairway and just head down the left rough I have scored a lot better there.

Johnny Canuck
26th April 2009, 08:10 PM

3 is an awesome short par 3. 5 is a nice hole. 6 is pretty good, but a few bunkers really limit your tee options. 9 is a nice hole too.

Andrew
26th April 2009, 08:47 PM
I can't remember where I got the advice from but once someone told me to ignore the fairway and just head down the left rough I have scored a lot better there.

I heard the same advice from one of the greatest left handers to talk for 45 minutes without taking breath.

John J Jones :lol:

Scottt
26th April 2009, 08:56 PM
18th at lakeside, stupid tree.

nuf said.

You saw it from the tee though, presumably? ;)

Bruce Dickinson
27th April 2009, 09:15 AM
how many times have you played that nine?

Johnny Canuck
27th April 2009, 09:32 AM
Gosnells GC is going to be almost walking distance from my new house. Not a chance in hell that I will be joining.

I prefer the quality of the course over location, but having a course nice and close is a bonus too.

At the moment I have both, which is the only downfall of moving.

rebjon
27th April 2009, 10:23 AM

:smt038

rebjon
27th April 2009, 10:24 AM
Gosnells GC is going to be almost walking distance from my new house. Not a chance in hell that I will be joining.

I prefer the quality of the course over location, but having a course nice and close is a bonus too.

At the moment I have both, which is the only downfall of moving.

Hartfield is an option

adlo
27th April 2009, 12:21 PM
I agree, Hartfield would be the best option near Gosnells. Apart from the fact you'd have to deal with Nuffie :lol:

simmsy
27th April 2009, 01:51 PM
can't believe you're voluntarily moving away from KB!
Hartfield could be an option then you've got recip. rights on Gosnells for the odd round of golf and also MGGC which is only 10 mins away as well.

played quarry nine only 4 times.
I'm not really bagging it out, i just haven't worked out how to play it yet, and it's too exxy to be playing there more than about 1 a year.