PDA

View Full Version : Club Blueprinting ???????

Davemason
29th December 2004, 06:29 PM
Thinking of getting a set of irons (3-pw) from the states (heads only) ,but they also do club blueprinting ,what does it all mean when they say "they'll build and blueprint the clubs" if so does anyone know who blueprints clubs in Australia ? As I was only going to go to a local proshop to be measured up and built to suit me.
Please excuse my ignorance. :oops:

Ona
29th December 2004, 10:23 PM
I think it just means having them setup to whatever specs you request mate

as for your ignorance.. send me one unsigned check, two bananas, some shrubbery and a female belly dancer and we'll be cool :wink:

markTHEblake
29th December 2004, 11:48 PM
what does it all mean when they say "they'll build and blueprint the clubs"

very strange word to be used in a marketing spiel. Whats their website?

Also i would be surprised if you can get them landed here for less than what Ben sells heads for, ie starting at $18 each.

Jarro
30th December 2004, 05:27 AM
Dave, safe bet would be to shoot Ben an email or go to his website and post something about it there ...... he's the man to help out with these sort of questions 8)

What irons are they by the way :?:

senecio
30th December 2004, 05:53 AM
This is just a guess but wouldn't it be just like blueprinting an engine?

When an engine is "Blueprinted" all tolerances and clearances are checked against the manufacturer's spec's. Maybe they just check that the loft and lie is correct for each individual club.

Ryan

Davemason
30th December 2004, 08:52 AM
Dave, safe bet would be to shoot Ben an email or go to his website and post something about it there ...... he's the man to help out with these sort of questions 8)

What irons are they by the way :?:

Taylor Made CB 2mm offset

Davemason
30th December 2004, 11:57 AM
blueprinting, that means that all the clubs are weighted exactly 7grams apart, shaft flex is exactly 4cpms different etc etc, you will not get that level of detail in a pro shop

I think that Iain has the answer. plus the clubs are built to your exact spec and set up eg lie, loft, length of shaft (info from an email from the states)

Thank all for the you input & info

markTHEblake
30th December 2004, 02:05 PM
you will not get that level of detail in a pro shop

thats sort of right.

you will get that level of detail from a good clubmaker, which may well be a pro shop, corner shop, garden shed

you wont get that level of detail from off the rack or from brands like Taylor made, Callaway, Nike et al - even if you do a custom order.

wavemaker
31st December 2004, 09:42 AM
Gooday dave. It could also involve purring, which is I think aligning all the spines in the shafts to the same point on the clubhead.