PDA

View Full Version : New Dude on board

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 12:10 PM
G'day all Ozgolfers,

I am new to the site but have heard so much about it. I play regularly with adlo and have met a couple of other ozgolfers in different rounds of golf with him and others. Very cool site with lots of good advice. I am always after another opinion on all matters related to golf and there seams to be a fair few geniuses around the traps on these forums.

I play off 19 at the moment (18.5) and play with Wembly Downs Golf club in Perth. I won my first trophy two weeks ago in a two week comp shooting a nett 68 and 66. I found it very unusual teeing off in the first group and competing against the other 3 blokes in the group. I think I won by three strokes or more. Very stoked.

I am swinging Wilson Firesticks at the moment with a Cleveland Hi-bore Driver which I love. Actually got it fitted so it suits me.
I am also very keen to get my irons fitted properly and get my hybrid and Putter checked out to see if they suit me also.

I will cruise around the forums and check out what advice you guys have for.

Mayhem.

Jarro
22nd April 2009, 12:23 PM
Welcome to OzGolf Mayhem

Any mate of adlo's is ..... well,

.. a mate of Johnny Canucks too :mrgeen:

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 12:31 PM
I was wondering if I should mention adlo?? He seams to keep people on there toes around here. Funny guy good golf brain.

Perhaps I am not as cheeky?? Probably worse!!

BrisVegas
22nd April 2009, 12:53 PM
not another westy...... :roll:

Iain
22nd April 2009, 12:55 PM
Welcome Mayhem. We won't hold it against you!! :mrgreen:

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 12:57 PM
We are very isolated over here. We need contact with the rest of the world........hence the forums. it is cheaper for us to get international flights than it is to fly over your end of our country.

Scottt
22nd April 2009, 03:22 PM
F**k me! Adlo is recruiting harder than the Church of Scientology!

adlo
22nd April 2009, 05:55 PM
F**k me! Adlo is recruiting harder than the Church of Scientology!

Strength in numbers Scottt :lol: The more thetans the better!

Welcome Mayhem, good to see you here.

Courty
22nd April 2009, 05:59 PM
Welcome Mayhem.

You blokes have enough members now for a WA Matchplay. :D

Eag's
22nd April 2009, 06:11 PM
Welcome Mayhem, it feels weird welcoming Mayhem to the forums, this place has been in Mayhem for years ;)

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2009, 06:16 PM
welcome. try not to pick up on aldo's bad habits on the course!

Minor_Threat
22nd April 2009, 06:19 PM
Welcome mate..

adlo
22nd April 2009, 06:33 PM
Welcome Mayhem.

You blokes have enough members now for a WA Matchplay. :D
It seems we do, although most WA members seem to forget it exists. Either simmsy, myself or JC will win by a string of no shows :mrgreen:

It was mayhem on the course with me last Sat!!

Dotty
22nd April 2009, 10:48 PM
Welcome Mayhem. (It does sound strange.)
Enjoy.

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 10:48 PM

Not too worried about that Johnny, got enough bad habits of my own...................I used to be a baseball player, I still think that if I don't swing really fast the ball is going to dissapear. Old dog new tricks?

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 10:52 PM
[quote=adlo;309469]It seems we do, although most WA members seem to forget it exists. Either simmsy, myself or JC will win by a string of no shows :mrgreen:

Well that makes four for matchplay in the west. Not that I rate my chances. Though with adlo's bad habits?? (what bad habits?? Missing 30Ft putts?)

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 10:55 PM

Bad habits Johnny? How about yelling on some other blokes backswing who is 300m away and out of sight? Angry angry man. Got to celebrate good shots!!

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 10:56 PM
That is enough Mayhem for now!!!!!!

Johnny Canuck
22nd April 2009, 11:01 PM
Not too worried about that Johnny, got enough bad habits of my own...................I used to be a baseball player, I still think that if I don't swing really fast the ball is going to dissapear. Old dog new tricks?
Baseball, excellent. Played a ton myself.

Mayhem
22nd April 2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah I notice there is a batter on your profile picture!! Where did you play?

Johnny Canuck
23rd April 2009, 01:10 AM
Played a ton in Canada.

Played in the Uni games over here.

I received 3 offers to play state as a result of the uni games, but those days are over for me. With a wife and kids, it would have cut into my golf time too much.

Jarro
23rd April 2009, 06:54 AM
We need more ball players here ;)

3oneday
23rd April 2009, 07:26 AM
Are you of good character ? Scotttt cares :roll:

Welcome 8)

sms316
23rd April 2009, 07:42 AM
not another westy...... :roll:
Anybody else notice the sudden increase in WA ozgolfers at the same time that the Federal Government has softened it's stance on illegal immigrants?

Yossarian
23rd April 2009, 08:31 PM
Anybody else notice the sudden increase in WA ozgolfers at the same time that the Federal Government has softened it's stance on illegal immigrants?

haha mate if only we could form our own little republic we'd be sweet8)

Mayhem
23rd April 2009, 09:11 PM
Then we won't have to listen to Kevin go on about stimulating the economy.