PDA

View Full Version : Need a new fax machine!

goughy
18th May 2004, 05:28 PM
We need a new fax machine at work. I prefer plain paper and robyn said not to get one which uses some form of ink ribbon (like a lot of the brothers do). And it needs to be cheap cheap cheap.

Any ideas?

Jarro
18th May 2004, 06:40 PM
We need a new fax machine at work. I prefer plain paper and robyn said not to get one which uses some form of ink ribbon (like a lot of the brothers do). And it needs to be cheap cheap cheap.

Any ideas?

just take some cash out of the Ozgolf pety cash tin Goughy :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 06:43 PM
Prolly not the cheapest, but get a Multi-function. Printer/fax/copier. Uses real paper etc. Our regional sales guys rely on HP Officejet K80's, we have the odd problem but they'll do the job.

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 06:53 PM
I thought that the plain paper ones were mostly ink-jet not ribbon.... if Brothers are ribbon, try a different maker - Epson, maybe?

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 09:54 PM
I have never heard of a fax machine that used an ink ribbon?

its either thermal, inkjet or laser.

cheapest fax machine is the Old Pc (and modem) that you dont use anymore, just install the Fax Software thats on every modem driver CD and voila - cheap fax machine, it just depends on what your needs are for a fax whether this is suitable.

otherwise i think your stuck for about $200 or more, for a basic thermal or inkjet

McMw
18th May 2004, 10:25 PM
canon bubble jet fax machine will do the job, especially if the last one was a real donger...does the job well...and replacement cartridge ain't gonna kill you...

HPs are good...but damn those cartridges are pricey...
and last time I saw a MFC, they don't have a handset!!!
personally, I prefer a fax machine to have a handset!!!

Epson doesn't have a fax machine (unless they came out with one in the past 2 years)...

if u're getting heaps of faxes each day - I would really recommend u spend a little more dough and get a lazer fax...black and white naturally... :D

oh yeah...I used to work for officeworks!!! :wink: :lol:

goughy
19th May 2004, 04:55 AM
The current one is a canon, and it's a pain in the ass. Sometimes we could go a week without a fax, sometimes 5 in a day. The same goes with sending, so we don't need something too huge. And I need the handset because it gets used too. It's also gotta be faxstream duet compatible, but I think they all are now.

The brother's I looked at all used some kind of ink ribbon (is this the thermal method) but robyn warned me away from them. Her old work had one and she said it was painful.

I looked at officeworks up here, only 6 machines. 1 panasonic, 1 canon and 4 brothers. There have to be more around than that surely.

McMw
19th May 2004, 08:34 AM
go for the brother MFC then...(uses inkjet)....but it's gonna be slightly pricey!!!

panansonic...ugh...stay away!!!
they're a hassle getting the consumables (whatever they are)...

still think canon is good tho... :wink:
besides, with o/works, if you don't like it within the 30days, return it and get something else... (that is if they haven't change their policy on that too!!!) :lol: