PDA

View Full Version : Where to park on the Goldie??

goughy
20th April 2009, 09:11 PM
Gonna be down there for a race on the Spit. Been told parking there can be a pain, so I'm thinking of parking somewhere short of the Spit and riding up there. But where is a good place to park? Will be there from say about 4:30am to 12pm'ish.

markTHEblake
20th April 2009, 10:22 PM
best place to park is somewhere in toowoomba, have a coffee and dont come anywhere near this sephole.

but if you really have to, fair dinkum, 4.30am you can park anywhere. As you didnt mention what day it is, i figure you want to be avoiding the parking meters. As a quick guess somewhere along Ferry rd would do the trick, right along where all those car yards are like Zupps. there is a shopping centre along a fraction south of Zupps, look for Brickworks that might be ok if there is a time limit in the street.

Just stay away from the hospital and the southport CBD and should be ok. if you are taking that Van of yours i dont recommend parking near houses :-)

PeteyD
21st April 2009, 07:14 AM
Are you talking about parking on the spit or in the town? On the spit at 4:30 would be fine I would think.

goughy
21st April 2009, 07:51 AM
Sorry! It's this Sunday. A lot of the spit is cut off this Sunday morning for parking I believe. And on the way out about 11 or 12 there could be a ton of traffic. A mate said he usually rides from his hotel to the end of the spit and back, about 5k. I just don't know what's around the start of the spit for parking etc. And trying to avoid meters since I'm there so early but leaving after 11am.

jaybam
21st April 2009, 08:48 AM
park in the seaworld carpark :)

Sasquatch
21st April 2009, 09:08 AM
No meters on Sunday or around that area. At 0430 I'd go to Seaworld Drive & have a look. If it's chaos I'd look at the carpark next to the Southport Yacht Club on Macarthur Parade or around Southport SLSC. If no luck there I'd go & park at MacIntosh Island Park, ride through the park & across the footbridge to Narrowneck & then ride up Main Beach Parade to Seaworld Drive & The Spit. The trouble with traffic leaving is usually for those going North & across the Southport bridge.

sms316
21st April 2009, 10:48 AM
3. macjackass

I live in Sydney and here are a couple of home-truths you are probably aware of.

It's way too overcrowded
The traffic is sh*t and getting worse by the day
Public transport is a joke
It's a filthy sh*t hole
It's chock-full of c*nts. The rudest people you'll find anywhere.

It might have a great harbour and nice beaches and plenty of crap to do but what else has it got (oh, I forgot the hot chicks but they've got their heads so far up their own asses you can add that to the list of negatives too!)

GC
21st April 2009, 03:52 PM
At 4:30 am on a Sunday you should be able to park anywhere on the spit you like.

goughy
21st April 2009, 06:17 PM
I don't know how far it's being cut off, but a lot of the parking on the spit is being cut off for the BRW tri that day, which is why I'm there. I've heard getting off the spit afterwards can be a pain as it's busy as (600 odd teams of 3). That's why a mate said he just rides there and back.

markTHEblake
21st April 2009, 06:53 PM
Goughy, as its Sunday you shoudl be able to park anywhere, though i expect that everyone els will be doing the same thing. Anywhere in the CBD of Southport or the other places mentioned should be sweet.