PDA

View Full Version : Teaching pro if money no object

grandmasterb
20th April 2009, 11:40 AM
After talking with my fellow playing partners the other week it got me thinking who i would see as a swing coach if money was no object.

Now of course there are always the obvious names out there that most people know like Butch Harmon, Leadbetter, Jim McLean, Tom Watson and then the Aussie's like Bann and Lynch.

Personally i've never been one to actively seek the advice from my local club pro's as i didn't agree with the way one of them went about teaching "the perfect swing" and the other is too focused on "coil = power"

Now im at the stage of my game where i would like to spend a bit of time and drop a couple of strokes again and take it a little more seriously and it got me thinking about seeking the advice/teachings of a pro and work with them based around my swing but "what" would happen if money was no object and i could go see anyone in the world...

Would there teaching be the same, would they work with what i've got now or try and completley reconstruct my swing like most pro's i've seen do???

So the question for everyone is: money no object, who would you want as your swing coach and why???

Cheers Ben

razaar
20th April 2009, 11:45 AM
Vivien Saunders.

virge666
20th April 2009, 11:58 AM
Steve Baan.

Love the lack of technical instruction. 9 ball drill all day.

Based on Impact instead of positions.

LarryLong
20th April 2009, 12:29 PM
Megan Gale.

Not sure if she knows anything about golf, but I figure my swing is beyond the help of a coach anyway.

3oneday
20th April 2009, 12:42 PM
Good thinking Larry, although I reckon she could get a good swing going ;)

u8ergolfer
20th April 2009, 02:10 PM
Would be Hank Haney for mine.. and if money was no object, s'pose I'd be his only pupil anyway.. Isn't that the way ETW uses him when he's on the range working..

moree golfer
20th April 2009, 03:06 PM
Steve Baan.

What the guts of the 9 ball drill virge?

grandmasterb
21st April 2009, 12:43 PM
Steve Baan.

I've had a lesson with Bann. The bloke makes process so easy the way he breaks it down and makes it work for you.

He's been training a mate of mine for a few years now and the advice/drills he has passed onto me have been priceless for my game.

If money was no object i would be happy to have Bann as my swing coach and wouldn't mind spending a day with Rotella either :mrgreen:

virge666
21st April 2009, 12:49 PM
What the guts of the 9 ball drill virge?

Being able to hit draw, str8, cut high medium and low.

Find out which one you cannot hit consistantly. There is the hole in your swing.

:)

grandmasterb
21st April 2009, 01:06 PM
Being able to hit draw, str8, cut high medium and low.

Find out which one you cannot hit consistantly. There is the hole in your swing.

:)

That's only 6 though??? :)

moree golfer
21st April 2009, 02:08 PM
High draw, medium draw, low draw, high straight etc.... I guess GMB adds to nine shot shapes. If money was no object I would be down to see Steve Bann in a heartbeat and learn to hit the shot on command more often than not.

Captain Nemo
21st April 2009, 02:18 PM
Gary Barter @ the Aussie!

henno
21st April 2009, 02:21 PM
That's only 6 though???

That's nine buddy. Three shots: draw, straight and cut. And three trajectories each: low, medium and high.

grandmasterb
21st April 2009, 03:09 PM
High draw, medium draw, low draw, high straight etc.... I guess GMB adds to nine shot shapes. If money was no object I would be down to see Steve Bann in a heartbeat and learn to hit the shot on command more often than not.

That's nine buddy. Three shots: draw, straight and cut. And three trajectories each: low, medium and high.

Expressing sarcasm is always tough without emotions :razz:

I practice using the 9 ball drill along with a couple of others that were given to me by him :mrgreen:

henno
21st April 2009, 03:12 PM
I will admit, I only gave the thread a "man-look"; I only really read every thrid word or so.

virge666
21st April 2009, 05:21 PM
Gary Barter @ the Aussie!

Of course... sorry forgot about Gaz.

Great bloke, great teacher and he could talk under-water.

LarryLong
21st April 2009, 06:41 PM
I will admit, I only gave the thread a "man-look"; I only really read every thrid word or so.

I thought a 'man-look' was what you are doing in your avatar?

henno
21st April 2009, 08:00 PM
I thought a 'man-look' was what you are doing in your avatar?

Exactly. It's a simple equation where the level of my attention to detail is proportional to how important a certain thing is in my life. That's a man-look.

I'll look for the remote for 15 minutes, but will only spend a few milliseconds searching for the vacuum cleaner.

Iain
21st April 2009, 08:04 PM
You even look for the vacuum cleaner?!

LarryLong
21st April 2009, 08:37 PM
He didn't say what he was going to use it for Iain. :)