PDA

View Full Version : TM R7/R7 Draw Combo Iron set up

Grunt
19th April 2009, 04:08 PM
Hey guys

Thinking of making myself a hybrid set of R7/R7 Draw irons. I have started to struggle with the shorter irons of my R7 Draws going a long way left when I flush it. I was thinking of maybe setting up with 4/5/6 of the R7 Draws and having a standard R7 set for the others 7/8/9/PW/AW/SW. Seeing as they are now relatively cheap I could do it for not much cash.

What do you all think?

3oneday
19th April 2009, 06:12 PM
Yep, get stuck in. I'm sure some tosser will mention lessons but hell, **** that !!!

:lol:

PeteyD
19th April 2009, 06:22 PM
I got some pings that will fix you right up :D

Lucasto23
20th April 2009, 05:32 PM
Why not, if thats what you want to do. if the other clubs are working for you and your not making any swing changes, it sounds like a pretty smart move

Scottt
20th April 2009, 06:15 PM
Makes sense, may as well buy a whole set of the regular R7s, start with a combo set, keep up the lessons you've been having and then when you're hitting it well enough, go to the entire regular set and shift the R7draws.

Keep repeating the process until you're playing the RAC MBs!

Grunt
20th April 2009, 06:20 PM
Makes sense, may as well buy a whole set of the regular R7s, start with a combo set, keep up the lessons you've been having and then when you're hitting it well enough, go to the entire regular set and shift the R7draws.

Keep repeating the process until you're playing the RAC MBs!

That was the idea. but the progress was to old macGregor blades. None of this new stuff, just the good ol' butter knife blades I remember playing in the early 80's with.