PDA

View Full Version : Steal or Stupid?

Ona
28th December 2004, 10:47 PM
Well my local pro shop has a sale on last couple of days and I had to have a look. Its my bro in laws b'day on wednesday, he's a rank beginner and currently hits one of those chunky driving irons off the tee.. only it has a ladies shaft and watching him hit it is more painfull than being impaled on a stake, or so ive heard. So I figure I'll get him an el cheapo driver with a decent shaft and healthy loft, or three wood, but alas i get there and nothing hits the mark. so instead i get him a lob wedge with 64*.. figure if he uses that my money is safer than ever :twisted: :wink:

anyway if you've read this far no doubt your patience is running thin. I got myself a 2iron, brand new but for a grand total of $10, what do you think?

Wilson R.M (http://www.wilson.com/wilson/products/product_specs.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442311 155&bmUID=1104237049791)

http://www.wilson.com/media/wilson/images/products/web/Golf/Clubs/Irons/215x300/R2280_med_f595.jpg
the lack of offset and fatshaft together make for one interesting view from address

McMw
28th December 2004, 10:53 PM
Twowood was travelling with those set...and for 10 bucks...it's a steal...
you could prob get it for 50 on ebay...

Onewood
28th December 2004, 10:58 PM
Twowood was travelling with those set...and for 10 bucks...it's a steal...
you could prob get it for 50 on ebay...

You have a good memory Mau, :D Mat, has still got his in the shed along with the Mizuno's :roll: Garage sale coming up I think :wink:

Ona
28th December 2004, 11:01 PM
mau whats the word on the FatShafts?

Ona
28th December 2004, 11:02 PM
oh if your still there Kev, care to answer that?

McMw
28th December 2004, 11:05 PM
the pro at RPGC had a set...and I was considering getting a set too...

I asked him why his was only regular, when his other set (X14PS) was stiff...

he told me that the fat shaft in the irons was already "torque/twist-resistant" so it already played firmer than the regular...

Onewood
28th December 2004, 11:08 PM
Same here Mau, Mat has always used a stiff shaft and was told the same thing and he hit them really well, they look good with the fat shaft 8)

Ona
28th December 2004, 11:13 PM
good to hear.. i thought that might be the case, this is a reg, im prolly a firm usually

ta :D

Jarro
29th December 2004, 04:28 AM
i had a set of the Wilson FatShaft irons a while ago. Played OK, but just try not to break the shaft .... it can be a bitch to get replaced :evil:

nice pickup with the 2 iron though 8)