PDA

View Full Version : Pinglauncher vs Frank Spencer

Pinglauncher
18th April 2009, 04:11 PM
Well it looks like Rod and I have finally found a day we can both play and may actually get this match done and dusted :lol:

Carnarvon tomorrow at midday is the venue and I am looking forward to meeting up with another Ozgolfer that to date I have only chatted on the phone with.

haysey
18th April 2009, 04:28 PM
Go Pingman:mrgreen:

Dotty
18th April 2009, 06:14 PM
Wow. Matchplay at your home course. (I'll have to try for that next round.)

Go Ping.

Pinglauncher
19th April 2009, 05:22 PM
A really enjoyable and close tussle today at Carnarvon with Frank Spencer saw me just scraping in 1 up.

Rod jumped out of the boxes to be 3 up after 6. I clawed a couple back to be one down at the turn and square after ten. The match then had no more than one hole in it until the 7th (16th hole of day) which I managed to birdie to get back to square. A win on the next hole left me one up and a half on the last hole was just enough to fall over the line.

The weather was pretty ordinary with a mix of light and very heavy showers throughout the day and some strong winds.

Rod finished +1 and I was +2 for the day so it was pretty close right through.

Thanks again for an enjoyable day Rod and I will try and get up to Mangrove soon for a hit.

3oneday
19th April 2009, 05:38 PM
Well played guys !

Rod Morri
19th April 2009, 06:01 PM
A big thanks to Chris for hosting the day at Carnarvon...always an enjoyable day and a good track. It was a good match and we both played well which made it all the more enjoyable. I don't think I could have played a whole lot better and Chris made some really good putts at crucial times for a well deserved win. Good luck in your next match mate and I look forward to the return bout at Mangrove.

haysey
19th April 2009, 06:07 PM
:smt038

Well done Pinglauncher.....

razaar
19th April 2009, 06:10 PM
Congratulations Chris, commiserations Rod....well played lads.:)

razaar
19th April 2009, 06:11 PM
Congratulations Chris, commiserations Rod....well played lads.