PDA

View Full Version : virge and razaar

zigwah
18th April 2009, 05:15 AM
care to explain the planes to me, how ever you see fit, with the new swimg chsnge i'm finding it difficult to stop the club at parrallel to the target as it wants to keep going out side.

do you guys subscribe to the 2 plane swing at all the one one the way up and the slightly inside on the way down.

i am finding with the swing change that i can get to waist height with the shaft pointing at the target or a bit right, but if i dont want the left wrist to collapse it still needs to keep going further on the inside, not straight up like Pamps,is this what you mean mean by flatter.?

If so what are the advantages of a flatter swing to a guy like me sitting at 6'3" over a steep swing?

Thanx

Zig

zigwah
18th April 2009, 05:33 AM
I'm guessing, as long as the shfast is parrallel at some to in the bcakswing to the target u are on plane, as far as i can see i can get to parrallel and lift straight up and stay on a sustainably consistent plane?

razaar
18th April 2009, 07:17 AM
Zig..place a broom with the head on the floor where a ball would be in your golf stance with the handle end of the broom in the v joint where the clavical bones meet. That is the radius of the swing plane (extends on a straight path beyond your back) which the club head should follow as it moves around your body (for the simplist of swings). The trick is to fit your body to the club head to keep it on plane, not fit the club head to your body. That broom handle is like a spoke in a big wheel which is lying on an angle 90* to the target line. (When you hear the term "swing into plane" it means getting the shaft to parallel the shaft angle at address in the horizontal phase and parellel with the target line in the vertical. At the top the left forearm should be parellel to the shaft angle at address as is the right forearm at completion of the swing. It is important that the back muscles do all the lifting and bringing the club to parallel the target at the top is achieved by a turn not a lift of the arms.)
The point, where the broom handle touches your body, is the vertical axis of a conical pendulum which extends vertically downwards to a spot between the balls of your feet and then outwards to the ball (radius of the cone). Now this is the technical bit...in a golf swing the body revolves with uniform circular motion in a horizontal circle about the vertical axis. There are two forces involved, acting in opposite directions: one is the weight of the clubhead bearing vertiically downwards, and the other is the tension along the shaft and arms. The result of these forces is centripetal force, directed towards the centre of the arc. Centripetal force is basically a component of gravity, an upward and inward force from the inside of the feet up to the hips. It operates to secure your grip on the ground. This is why it is necessry to make allowances in the setup for slopes. On an up-slope, the pressure should be more towards the left foot against the slope and vice versa for a down slope.:)

zigwah
18th April 2009, 07:21 AM
do u have 10 mins for a chat in the chat room raz?

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2009, 09:24 AM
Look Boss, Da Plane!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/14/Fantasy_Island.jpg

virge666
18th April 2009, 10:20 AM
care to explain the planes to me, how ever you see fit, with the new swimg chsnge i'm finding it difficult to stop the club at parrallel to the target as it wants to keep going out side.
Zig

Because you don't keep your hips level. Go in front of a mirror with a club and swing whilst getting you hips to stay level and keeping your back straight.

You will find yourself unable to get to parallel. Your backswing doesn't go to parrallel - you get to a good position and then you TILT your hips and collapse your left wrist to get past it.

Dare I mention posture again.