PDA

View Full Version : Calling the ball hos - advice needed

Scottt
14th April 2009, 06:53 PM
There are a shiteload of new balls on the market since I last looked at buying pills. I still have some Z-URSs and HX Tour 56s left, but after that I am looking at a different ball.

What are the good matches at the moment for a 90-100mph swing speed, 150m 6i carry/205m driver carry?

I'm looking for spin, but it's not the be all and end all. What are the NXT Tour spin rates compared to the premium balls? Is there a spinnier 2nd tier ball than the NXT Tour?

What's the longest of the premium/tour balls?

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2009, 06:54 PM
I find the longest premium ball to be the Taylor TP Blacks.

mikezone13
14th April 2009, 07:17 PM
I find the longest premium ball to be the Taylor TP Blacks.

LDP or non-LDP?

adlo
14th April 2009, 07:19 PM
LDP's I think he has used.

Z Star gets my vote. Most impressive ball I have ever used.

Jarro
14th April 2009, 07:22 PM

I'll nominate the Z stars as well, most impressive ball :smt023

Scottt
14th April 2009, 07:22 PM
Sorry, Adlo and Jarro, I can't take your word for it. You haven't won 57 times worldwide, including 3 majors... :lol:

adlo
14th April 2009, 08:41 PM
Touche

Iain
14th April 2009, 08:47 PM
It's 56....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Zd5oBK_3Y

simmsy
14th April 2009, 08:54 PM
for premium pills I'm liking the taylormade red of late, like the Z-urs also good but the TM feels alot softer off the putter face. they stand up really well in the wind too.

for 2nd tier i reckon the Vision Gelcoat is gonna be great when it is released and also the bridgestone e6+ isn't too bad.
the NXT Tour has alot more driver spin than the e6+ and Vision but no more hold around the green though.

Scottt
14th April 2009, 08:58 PM
That's how I found the NXT last time I used it.

I was using a Pro V1 alongside a Z-URS and a HX Tour 56 the other day and it had a much softer sound/feel off the putter that really sat well with me.

Dotty
14th April 2009, 08:59 PM
It's 56....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Zd5oBK_3Y

Maybe there was a 'victory' in 1985, that we aren't supposed to talk about.

ps. I have to laugh at Google.
Type in Vijay Singh and first option on drop-down list is the C word. (No, not that one.)

adlo
14th April 2009, 08:59 PM
Z Star

Iain
14th April 2009, 09:04 PM
Hearing plenty of good things on the z-star...

adlo
14th April 2009, 09:06 PM

Z Star

Hearing plenty of good things on the z-star...
At least 2 :lol:

Lets not forget Dwayne loves it....

Scottt
14th April 2009, 09:06 PM
Sounds like the name of a new rapper out of the Dre/50 Cent stable :lol:. Might have to buy a sleeve and see how they suit me.

henno
14th April 2009, 09:09 PM
Sounds like the name of a new rapper out of the Dre/50 Cent stable :lol:

Especially in the American accent: Zeee Starrr

Pinglauncher
14th April 2009, 09:16 PM
Scott, for a cheaper ball give the Srixon Super Soft a try. For me it is half a club longer than the NXT Tour, softer off the putter and still has pretty good green side spin. Found them to pull up quicker than the NXT Tour.

Scottt
14th April 2009, 09:17 PM
Is it the closest Srixon ball to the premium stuff?

How does it compare to the AD333?

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2009, 09:21 PM
LDP or non-LDP?

The LDP is the longest premuim by far.

I loved the Z Star when using it for 9 yesterday.
9/9 greens in reg, 6/7 fairways with the one miss being by a couple feet.

Straight, long, durable and nice around the green. I'm going to start playing in the group behind Aldo so that I can find some on the weekends.

Aldo, let me know if Squizzy's starts running some specials on these bad boys in AA condition.

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2009, 09:24 PM

Not sure about the Super Soft being a Srixon option. I think he could be referring to the Soft Feel. Nike makes a Super Soft.

The Tri-Speed is the Srixon equivalent of the NXT-Tour.

The Soft Feel and AD333 are similar pills. Both not too bad for the price.

Pinglauncher
14th April 2009, 09:27 PM

I have not tried the AD333. For around the greens you can't go past the Pro V1 but I have lost swing speed over the last 12 months and was thinking about trying a different ball.

Found one of the Srixons at Carnarvon a couple of weeks ago and gave it a try. Was pretty impressed and picked up a couple of dozen from Squizzy's at $29 / doz :smt023

simmsy
14th April 2009, 09:27 PM
JC - have you used the TM Red's?
How much difference is there between the black and the reds?
They say the black has more spin but i get more than enough out of the reds.

Pinglauncher
14th April 2009, 09:29 PM
Not sure about the Super Soft being a Srixon option. I think he could be referring to the Soft Feel. Nike makes a Super Soft.

The Tri-Speed is the Srixon equivalent of the NXT-Tour.

The Soft Feel and AD333 are similar pills. Both not too bad for the price.

Yeh my bad :oops: it is the Soft Feel from Srixon.

Well priced ball too :wink:

Scottt
14th April 2009, 09:29 PM
I'm not too fussed about price. I just want a ball that isn't really short that will give me good spin on short irons and 20-30m pitches and feel soft off the putter.

I gather the tour balls that are lower spin are still higher spin than an NXT/TriSpeed?

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2009, 09:35 PM
JC - have you used the TM Red's?
How much difference is there between the black and the reds?
They say the black has more spin but i get more than enough out of the reds.

Tried the red for the first time yesterday. It lasted a hole and a tee shot.

The reds are supposed to be the equivalent of the ProV1, so I gather they would spin more for slower swing speeds.

I'm not too fussed about price. I just want a ball that isn't really short that will give me good spin on short irons and 20-30m pitches and feel soft off the putter.

I gather the tour balls that are lower spin are still higher spin than an NXT/TriSpeed?

I have found that to be the case.

the_man
14th April 2009, 09:58 PM
I am in the same boat as you scott, looking for a ball that will spin off the wedges, feel nice off the face of the putter & still be long off the tee.

Did you say you had used the NXT Tour? Did they spin much on the green? How does it compare to the prov1?

I have been using rock hard balls as I've only been playing about 8-9months but my golf is getting much better so I had a round with a prov1x today and loved it. First time I've seen my ball pitch and suck back about 20cm :)

Scottt
14th April 2009, 10:00 PM
For me, the NXT was amazing with the woods and irons, about 5m longer through the set than the ProV, and it putted alright, I just found that around the greens, on 10-20m shots, it had no bite at all.

I actually did a side by side comparison of the ProV and NXT Tour somewhere. I'll see if I can find it.

dwayne
14th April 2009, 10:03 PM
I am in the same boat as you scott, looking for a ball that will spin off the wedges, feel nice off the face of the putter & still be long off the tee.

Did you say you had used the NXT Tour? Did they spin much on the green? How does it compare to the prov1?

I have been using rock hard balls as I've only been playing about 8-9months but my golf is getting much better so I had a round with a prov1x today and loved it. First time I've seen my ball pitch and suck back about 20cm :)

NXT Tour similar to the premium balls of the other companies.

It is known as the poor man's Pro V1 in the States, same spin on full shots just not quite as much around the greens but it is a bit longer.

Scottt
14th April 2009, 10:13 PM
:lol:

It isn't a shade of shit on other companies' premium balls, if by premium you are referring to Z-UR range, HX Tour range, Nike One etc.

Here is the ProV vs NXT Tour comparison I did back in late 2007

After a long while playing ProVs, I decided recently to test out the new NXT Tour to see what kind of difference it would make to my game.

I have played five games at five different courses in the past week and feel I've hit the NXT enough in enough different conditions to make a few observations.

Feel: the NXT is obviously not as soft as the ProV, but it still feels nice off the clubface. I hit a ProV, NXT and a rock one after the other off one tee and the NXT felt much closer to the ProV than the rock. The NXT putts very well (using an Odyssey WhiteHot) and feels great where at times the ProV might even have been too soft*.

Distance: I feel like I'm about 5-10m longer off the tee and about 5m with my irons. Obviously ballflight isn't all of that iron distance, because where the Pro V hit and stopped on the green with the irons, the NXT releases about 3-5 feet with a PW-7i and about 5-8ft with a 6-4i. It was surprisingly easy to alter my game to play for the release, though I still have to accept that a front pin behind a pot is now a no-go zone. The big difference was that even if I caught a ProV thin, it would stop fast, but the NXT will release about 20ft.

Accuracy: The upside of that reduced spin rate is that I have become much more accurate off the tee. Yesterday I hit 10 of 13 fairways at Woolooware, and last week I was 9 of 14 at Horizons. I have always been pretty straight off the tee, but the NXT takes it to the next level. Likewise on approach shots. Gentle 3-5m draw. Like clockwork. The added bonus of the extra distance means I'm happier hitting hybrid and 3wood off the tee now.

Chipping: this is where the difference is most noticable. With a ProV I could just play a 9i off my back foot with a little punch of the wrist on a greenside chip and it would grip on its second or third bounce and check up. The NXT doesn't want to know about it. I'm still getting used to it, and in time I'm sure I will adapt, but it is certainly the area where the difference between the two balls is most pronounced.

Durability: The NXT is unreal if you don't hit a lot of trees. Also doesn't get ripped up by my Y-Cutter sand wedge grooves. Ball that is kept in play is good for 36 holes - and i'm fussy about ball condition.

Overall: I'm glad I made the change. I kinda started playing the ProV cos my mates did, and now I realise that was a bit like a family man buying a Ute because he thinks they're cool, obvilious to how impractical it is. I will stick with the NXT and see what the outcome is, but my handicap has dropped 0.8 in a week, and if that trend continues I might just volunteer to be on the next ad!

*The white hot is a soft insert. obviously. Hard to say how it would compare off a non-insert putter.

simmsy
14th April 2009, 10:19 PM
NXT Tour similar to the premium balls of the other companies.

It is known as the poor man's Pro V1 in the States, same spin on full shots just not quite as much around the greens but it is a bit longer.

I don't think I could agree that the NXT tour is anywhere near as good as the Srixon Z-urs or other top range balls especially around the green. The NXT has very little hold on half chips where as you can get the zurs or tm Red/black or any other premium ball to pretty much stop on the bit.

To me if green side control is in the top end of your wish list for a ball you have to go to the premium range, all the others pretend they have greenside control I've found.

Scottt
14th April 2009, 10:24 PM
Probably true, Simmsy. Perhaps one from the distance side of the premium market would be up my ally.

Is the HX Tour 56 the spin ball or the distance ball of the Tour/Tour 56 range? How about the Z-URS?

simmsy
14th April 2009, 10:29 PM
Adlo, correct me if im wrong here, but did you say you had read somewhere that the TM TP Black/Red was the longest on a robot test?

I have found that using the TM TP Red & Srixon Z-urs that I haven't lost any noticable distance from the NXT Tour. I'm pretty picky on the distance of the ball as I'm not a big hitter so always wanting to hit as short an iron into the green as I can. I found the ProV1 was shorter for me though and also the Bridgstone 330/S?

Scottt
14th April 2009, 10:32 PM
I might try the Z-URS for a while then. I bought six with some comp winnings before I left Aus, but have been faithful to the HX Tour 56 since then.

the_man
http://thesandtrap.com/balls/titleist_nxt_tourextreme_balls_review

Found that article where they do a bit of a review on the NXT Tour. Sounds like it would probably suit my game & budget. I think I will grab a dozen of those from

the_man
... squizzys

henno
14th April 2009, 10:37 PM
Is the HX Tour 56 the spin ball or the distance ball of the Tour/Tour 56 range?

Softer, more spin, without question.

Scottt
14th April 2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks Henno.

oncewasagolfer
14th April 2009, 11:14 PM
I used a srixon soft feel on saturday in conjunction with a couple of the vision balls that I was testing and they are really not that bad. They are soft but not overly so off of the putter but of course you dont get the spin that you do with a premium ball. They are worth a try imho. Personally I prefer the one platinium or z-urs cant say I have noticed a great loss in distance others have claimed with the nike ball and they are superb off of the putter.

Lucasto23
14th April 2009, 11:18 PM
give the bridgestone 330 RX a try, it has all the benifits of the B330 tour for guys who are sub 105 swing speed these are great. softer on the putter than the hx and spin just as much if not more.

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2009, 11:25 PM
I used a srixon soft feel on saturday in conjunction with a couple of the vision balls that I was testing and they are really not that bad. They are soft but not overly so off of the putter but of course you dont get the spin that you do with a premium ball. They are worth a try imho. Personally I prefer the one platinium or z-urs cant say I have noticed a great loss in distance others have claimed with the nike ball and they are superb off of the putter.

We have a guy at our club that loves the Soft Feel. The other week he gave me 9 ProV1X's because he doens't hit them. I love the Soft Feel for that aspect only!

Scottt
14th April 2009, 11:32 PM
He didn't know he could go to the pro and swap those 9 ProVs for 300 soft feels? :lol:

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2009, 11:59 PM
I've got a couple guys in the club that like supplying me with them. I played two rounds with a guy over the weekend and ended up with another 3 or 4 that he pulled out of the bushes. Aldo also threw me a mint one that me found.

It's nice golfing with guys that don't use the same ball that you do.

Scottt
15th April 2009, 12:08 AM
Bloody hell!

As a regular ProV user, what is it you like about the ball over and above other premium balls?

I might give the Z-Star X a go this weekend and see how it fares.

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2009, 01:25 AM
I get a little more distance with the X than I do with the 1 with my higher swing speed. I can also get enough spin with it around the greens.

If I am playing a course with super fast greens, I will sometimes flip back to an 1.

Try the Z-Star, before trying the Z-Star X. it is the one I have tried and it was great.

Scottt
15th April 2009, 01:28 AM
Have you tried the Z Star Johnny? If you have, how did it differ from the ProV?

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2009, 01:38 AM
Played 9 with the Z Star. Felt a little more solid than the ProV, but very nice and soft around the greens as well. It was very durable as well.

I was very impressed and wouldn't hesitate to use them in any comp.

Scottt
15th April 2009, 01:49 AM
Sweet. A few good side-by-sides at WRX say the Z Star is a good package.

Anyone want to buy 6 HX 56s and 6 Z-URSs? :lol:

Golfnut
15th April 2009, 01:55 AM
Scottt, I think once you really try out the Z-URS you will never go back to a Cally ball ever....they are simply superb....I'm itching to try the Z-Star now, didn't think they could improve on the Z-URS but obviously they have. Only thing to watch with the Z-URS is the Side spin if your a bit of a slicer, once it starts going right it goes like a bat out of hell.

I have to give a big plug for the Nike One Platinums....fantastic in windy conditions....first few rounds with them I felt like I was losing distance compared to the Z-URS but now its quite the opposite, hit one of my longest drives on Monday with the Nike. Green side feel and putting feel are as good as the Z-URS IMO and you get a really nice solid feel off the driver without feeling hard. It seems to have much less side spin than the Z-URS too.....so far I've hit my 2 best scores ever using the NO Platinum....and my putting just feels lovely. To tell you truth, I have 3 dozen brand new Z-URS's in the cupboard but each time I go out to play I keep on reaching for the Nikes.

adlo
15th April 2009, 02:16 AM
simmsy, the TP Black was the longest ball tested. However, I have found the Z Star just as long (obviously the test was last year).

The ZURS is a great ball, but IMO the Z Star is light years ahead of it. A big call I know, but I do mean light years.....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RTmN7TipawE/R_J8HJEFQ4I/AAAAAAAAAbw/G0nYEEVcBlI/s400/jamiroquai-712619.jpg

I have never really enjoyed Titleist ProV1's. I have always rated the TP Blacks and ZURS above them.

The 330RX is a good ball, but the Z Star is also aimed at sub 100mph SS players and just outperforms the 330RX in every way (also cheaper).

It is a great ball for the wind and durability is amazing for a premium ball.

Scottt, from reading the WRX thread myself, try the Z Star, not the X. Even a lot of high SS players are finding joy with the Z Star. Even JC swings at 115-120 and loved the standard Z Star.

Scottt
15th April 2009, 03:05 AM
Yeah, and while I am not after max spin, if it is longer than the x, that suits me.

adlo
15th April 2009, 03:13 AM
Scottt, I have tried a lot of premium and mid range golf balls. I have never been looking for crazy spin, you just want something that behaves itself on the green and reacts with consistency. It is amazing how hard that is to find.

While I am raving about the Z Star, I would be just as happy to play a ball like the e6+ or Boz's Gelcoat, but I find they only suit soft greens. Once greens firm up in summer time (which hopefully you get to experience :) ) these balls are often found wanting. As winter approaches, I will probably switch back to something of that sort.

Iain
15th April 2009, 03:53 AM
Tried the red for the first time yesterday. It lasted a hole and a tee shot.

The reds are supposed to be the equivalent of the ProV1, so I gather they would spin more for slower swing speeds.

Johnny, pretty sure the tp/red ldp's are now the prov1x equivalent, the original tp/red was the higher spinning ball, but with the introduction of the ldp they switched it around to match the Titleist, red for the lower spin ball, black for the higher spin ball.

The original tp ball's were the opposite though.

adlo
15th April 2009, 03:59 AM
Iain, you would be correct!

Scottt
15th April 2009, 05:08 AM
Adlo, that is indeed worth considering. Conditions on the links in summer are said to be by definition very firm and fast, so the most spin I can get, the better. Very different to playing a western Sydney parkland where 5mph is a decent wind and my 100kg frame leaves an imprint in the greens year round.

Iain
15th April 2009, 05:22 AM
Iain, you would be correct!

Damn straight!!! :mrgreen:

Scott, most people would do well to use a spinnier ball, as it would help keep drives straighter and make for a better short game.

Maybe I need to take that advice!! :roll:

Scottt
15th April 2009, 05:48 AM
Iain, would a spinnier ball not also accentuate sidespin, leading to bigger hooks and slices?

Iain
15th April 2009, 09:33 AM
Nah, the greater backspin would negate the sidespin more, I believe.

CobraSS
15th April 2009, 10:43 AM
Nah, the greater backspin would negate the sidespin more, I believe.

:???:

jaybam
15th April 2009, 11:13 AM
Still say go get some srixon z stars not the z star x . Great ball :)

TourFit
15th April 2009, 01:28 PM
Actually greater backspin DOES negate some of the sidespin on a drive...however a 'spinnier' ball will slice/hook MORE if that is the spin direction put on it.

In reality most people are NOT ideally suited to the high wedge spin / low driver spin premium balls...but I won't go and open THAT can of worms! Suffice to say that the importance of lower driver spin is misunderstood by most AVERAGE players, higher greenside spin is only useful with consistent, crisp contact on wedges, and so on...

The way I tell my clients to ball test is as follows...

Find the TYPE of ball that suits your swingspeed, price etc (gotta be honest too!)
Buy 5-6 balls of that same type by different brands...(eg: Srixon AD333, Titty NXT Tour, Callyway HX Hot Bite, Bridgestone E6+, TM Burner TP - ALL 'mid' priced, 2nd tier, "COMPROMISE" balls.
Go to the putting range and putt. Measure feel, distance control etc - rank 1-5pts.
Go to chipping green and chip (long and short, bump 'n' run and spinnier chips). Measure feel, required spin rate, distance control etc - rank 1-5pts.
Hit 1/2 pitch shots (lower and higher, roll-out and grab shots). Measure feel, required spin rate, distance control etc - rank 1-5pts.
Hit full wedges. Measure feel, required spin rate, distance control etc - rank 1-5pts.
DON'T WORRY TOO MUCH ABOUT DISTANCE !!!!! Most of the scoring in a round is done at or around the green...distance is going to be negligible. Ballflight may vary 'slightly' due to spin issues but GENERALLY will be overall LESS important than the PUTTER FEEL, GREENSIDE SPIN & CONTROL.
There is NO SUCH THING AS THE PERFECT BALL!!! Within the same ball type category there is mainly FEEL / PERCEPTION differences rather than amazing performance differences. And only one person can measure feel !!!

Iain
15th April 2009, 02:09 PM
Actually greater backspin DOES negate some of the sidespin on a drive...however a 'spinnier' ball will slice/hook MORE if that is the spin direction put on it.

But there'll always be more backspin than sidspin, otherwise the ball wouldn't go up....??

henno
15th April 2009, 02:12 PM
The ball can only spin around one axis. I guess, if you're a slicer that axis will be tilted to the right slightly. If it is a high spin ball, there will be more revolutions, but perhaps on the wrong axis. Or at least the same tilted axis, but with a higher rpm, shooting it even further right.

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2009, 02:33 PM
Johnny, pretty sure the tp/red ldp's are now the prov1x equivalent, the original tp/red was the higher spinning ball, but with the introduction of the ldp they switched it around to match the Titleist, red for the lower spin ball, black for the higher spin ball.

The original tp ball's were the opposite though.

Sons of bitches at Taylor. I checked before I picked some up, but must have read an old article that stated Taylor went with "vintage" colouring, black for the harder ball, red for the softer. I didn't know they switched.

I'll be liking the reds a lot more now and have to really give them a go.

I still found the black longer than anything else I hit, but I hit a ProV1X further than a ProV1.

Iain
15th April 2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah, you'd think they tried to confuse everyone!!

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2009, 02:41 PM
I just searched around the net for a bit and found this from a guy that emailed TaylorMade and asked them which compared to which:

Update: The response we received from TM clarifies that the balls are the same as they were last year: TP Red = V1 = higher spin, lower launching ball of the pair and TP Black = V1x = lower spin, higher launching ball of the pair. The PR we were sent had contradictory language and has since been fixed.

Iain
15th April 2009, 02:49 PM
Really? Even though on the box for the TP Red LDP, it says; "For higher spin players", which to me means it reduces spin??

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/images/products/main/New-TaylorMade-TP-Red.jpg

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2009, 03:33 PM
I've read a bit of stuff on the balls and it is a little confusing. Maybe they mean the reds are for people that want higher spin?

adlo
15th April 2009, 03:37 PM
I read something with The Goose talking about switching balls depending on conditions.

His summary agrees with my, and Iain's, original thoughts on TM LDP balls. Red reduces spin for higher SS and the black is when he wants more spin. So it would appear to me they did make the switch.

mikezone13
15th April 2009, 03:42 PM
Check the ball comparison on the Srixon site, that makes it heaps easier...

Pro v1x = Srixon Z Star X = TaylorTP Black = Nike One Tour D = Bridgey Tour B330 = Cally HX Tour = Cally Tour IX

Pro v1 = Srixon Z Star = TaylorTP Red = Nike One Tour = Bridgey Tour B330S = Cally HX Tour 56 = Cally Tour I

Hope that clears it all up

adlo
15th April 2009, 03:43 PM
Looks like TM staffers can't even keep with them then!!

Johnny Canuck
15th April 2009, 04:03 PM
Looks like TM staffers can't even keep with them then!!

They're confused because of people like Iain and yourself that keep messing with everyone else's heads.

dwayne
15th April 2009, 06:15 PM
Really? Even though on the box for the TP Red LDP, it says; "For higher spin players", which to me means it reduces spin??

https://www.lostgolfballs.com/images/products/main/New-TaylorMade-TP-Red.jpg
seems they are still learning the golf ball business

Scottt
15th April 2009, 06:20 PM
yawn

TourFit
15th April 2009, 06:28 PM
And add to that....TM state that the LDP versions are 15% softer and more spin than the previous versions !!

I've played the TM balls for quite a while and I much preferred the original TP Red (less spin) than the newer LDP.

The TaylorMade website states that the TP Red is lower launch, lower spin than the TP Black (as it has ALWAYS been with these balls!!!). That means that it suits guys who hit with more natural spin (ie higher swing speeds or higher ballflights) and that the black is for lower ball hitters etc etc etc

Retief was right in what he was saying, he plays the Black when he wants more spin...

Ned
15th April 2009, 10:39 PM
Ok, off the TM balls at the moment, opinion on the new Pro V's as opposed to the 2007/2008 models ?

Which ones are better ?

adlo
15th April 2009, 11:31 PM
Ask dwayne.

Scottt
15th April 2009, 11:55 PM
I'll sub in for Dwayne: something along the lines of ProVs are the shiznit and any other brand's premium ball is similar to a DT SoLo. The 07/08 ProV was like Sinatra crossed with Bach, the new one is The Beatles + a Lamborghini x Chuck Norris benchpressing The Hoff.

adlo
16th April 2009, 12:06 AM
I was buying that until you mentioned the Chuckster. There is no way he would have anything to do with those patent infringing bastards.

Scottt
16th April 2009, 12:39 AM
Chuck Norris can stop a Hotdot in its pitchmark on the roof of a Mini from 300m away anyway. He has no use for premium pills.

adlo
16th April 2009, 12:43 AM
Chuck Norris once shot -54 around Pine Valley. He had to roundhouse kick the super after the round, conditioning was terrible and he was actually trying to shoot a decent score.

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2009, 01:31 AM
Chuck Norris sold Braddles a putter that wasn't in mint condition but he was too afraid to do anything.

adlo
16th April 2009, 01:37 AM
Chuck Norris melted a drive and the polar ice caps melted.

Scottt
16th April 2009, 01:40 AM
Chuck Norris left his tee shot on 17 at TPC Sawgrass 30 yards short, wandered up and chipped in for birdie, then hushed the crowd and told them they should only cheer for things that are actually hard.

Iain
16th April 2009, 03:30 AM
They're confused because of people like Iain and yourself that keep messing with everyone else's heads.

Chuck Norris wouldn't be confused.

dwayne
16th April 2009, 07:34 AM
I was buying that until you mentioned the Chuckster. There is no way he would have anything to do with those patent infringing bastards.

still in the courts Aldo.

Scottt
16th April 2009, 04:30 PM
Dwayne- it';s on appeal, a court ruled against your uncle Wally. Live with it.

oobsadd2
16th April 2009, 05:20 PM
Sort of feel like a threadjack talking about golf balls...but
I got a dozen Nike platinum from Squizzys, impressive service. Any comments on the ball?

henno
16th April 2009, 05:23 PM
Sort of feel like a threadjack talking about golf balls...but
I got a dozen Nike platinum from Squizzys, impressive service. Any comments on the ball?

Never hit it, but about to tomorrow. Picked up a few fo' nuffin. Worth a crack I reckon.

oobsadd2
16th April 2009, 05:25 PM
The way Mickleson kept on pumping it past Tiger last week, maybe the ball is holding him back :)

adlo
16th April 2009, 05:28 PM
NO Plats are very, very high spinning.

razaar
16th April 2009, 05:54 PM
The way Mickleson kept on pumping it past Tiger last week, maybe the ball is holding him back :)

Tongue in cheek :) Lefty looks to be in good shape, seems to have lost the tits, actually looks like an athlete. He's always hit it ridiculous distances, with the new bod he's really getting it out there.

adlo
16th April 2009, 06:00 PM
Tongue in cheek :) Lefty looks to be in good shape, seems to have lost the tits, actually looks like an athlete. He's always hit it ridiculous distances, with the new bod he's really getting it out there.
He does bomb it. However, he also looks like he is swinging hard. It must contribute to his occasional wild shot.

Most pro's seem to swing within themselves. Not McBitchtits.

henno
16th April 2009, 06:15 PM
actually looks like an athlete

He only looks like an athlete compared to the other fat-ass golfers on tour.

It's like saying an MX-5 is a super car... compared to a Ford Fiesta!

But yes, there is certainly some reduction in manboobs.

dwayne
16th April 2009, 06:15 PM
Dwayne- it';s on appeal, a court ruled against your uncle Wally. Live with it.

read the whole story Scott and watch for the outcome, the Patents Office will soon play its part.

dwayne
16th April 2009, 06:17 PM

the Nike ball is a softer ball, Tiger is happy to sacrifice the distance for the extra spin around the green

Scottt
16th April 2009, 06:19 PM
NO Plats are very, very high spinning.

They're around 8000rpm with a wedge aren't they? When I last looked they were the highest-spinning ball.

adlo
16th April 2009, 06:27 PM
Scottt, closer to 12000rpm I believe. And I believe they were the highest spin ball tested in 08.

Scottt
16th April 2009, 06:30 PM
12000rpm? Jebus...

Johnny Canuck
16th April 2009, 07:00 PM
the Nike ball is a softer ball, Tiger is happy to sacrifice the distance for the extra spin around the green

Tiger uses his own personal prototype, not a platinum.

I read an article about how he changes the way it performs, almost on a weekly basis depending on the tournament he is playing, etc..

I thought you would know that D-Wayne!

If he doesn't perform soon, maybe people will stop buying Nike balls!

markTHEblake
16th April 2009, 07:01 PM
He only looks like an athlete compared to the other fat-ass golfers on tour.

Phil Mickelson is a mean lean fighting machine compared to one aussie who is out there somewhere. Neil Kerry I think it is.

Scottt
16th April 2009, 07:02 PM
People buy Nike balls?

Scottt
16th April 2009, 07:03 PM
Phil Mickelson is a mean lean fighting machine compared to one aussie who is out there somewhere. Neil Kerry I think it is.

Revealled: How Phil maintains his physique!

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/mick.jpg

oncewasagolfer
16th April 2009, 07:53 PM
Tiger uses his own personal prototype, not a platinum.

I read an article about how he changes the way it performs, almost on a weekly basis depending on the tournament he is playing, etc..

I thought you would know that D-Wayne!

If he doesn't perform soon, maybe people will stop buying Nike balls!

um didn't tiger just have a win before the masters? anyways l like the one platinum not that it matters a great deal what I use but anyway feels nice:)

oobsadd2
16th April 2009, 08:42 PM
Mickelson may have lost a cup size or two, but his body still looks too big for his head. He still has a way to go. Bob and Jillian would whip him into shape.
Bet hes still having nightmares about the tiddlers he missed coming home at the Masters.