PDA

View Full Version : Adams Golf Tom Watson Wedges Pack

the_man
14th April 2009, 03:03 PM
G'day guys, I am looking at getting a few wedges and the guy at Golf Mart was trying to sell me these clubs. I hit a couple of balls in the net and they didnt feel too bad just wondering if anyone has used them?

They actually come packaged in a box (kind of like a xmas present you would give your kid) and it was part of the reason i hesitated in buying on the spot. He was willing to do $180 for the set (Gap,Sand, Lob).

Anyone played these or heard what they are like?

Chris32
14th April 2009, 03:06 PM
I was also looking at a set of these the other day, as I want to go from 54/58 combo
to 52/56/60. Interested to hear peoples thoughts

OzzyRookie
14th April 2009, 03:34 PM
PM sent . I got a set and love them .

u8ergolfer
14th April 2009, 03:44 PM
Might get em cheaper if you trawl rock bottom golf or any other online retailer from the States.. mate of mine bought a set last year and I think they were only about $120 ish..

Chris32
14th April 2009, 03:53 PM
There are two sorts on rockbottom, a silver and a black finish, both about $60 US

the_man
14th April 2009, 06:03 PM
I think by the time you convert them to AUS dollars and then factor in shipping it is cheaper to buy locally at the moment.

I am a little confused as the ones at Golfmart looked a little different, they had some sort of insert in the back of them. Wondering if its an older model perhaps?

LarryLong
14th April 2009, 06:04 PM
I've got a set - bought 'em absurdly cheaply from rockbottomgolf a while back before the dollar crashed. Still reckon you could pick them up pretty cheaply from there though. Seems like they make a couple of models, one that has a 'vibration damper' or some funky gimmicky round bit in the middle of the back of the club, and one that doesn't. I've got the gimmicky ones. I reckon they go pretty well for cheap wedges. Most shots feel pretty good. I don't get eye-popping spin with them, but that could just be because I'm a chopper. I suspect they wouldn't be quite up to the ball-shredding capabilities of some wedges out there, but if you just want something to get the ball in the air, these do the job nicely. They've definately helped my short game go from diabolical to suspect in the space of six months.

Scottt
14th April 2009, 07:38 PM
I've got a set - bought 'em absurdly cheaply from rockbottomgolf a while back before the dollar crashed. Still reckon you could pick them up pretty cheaply from there though. Seems like they make a couple of models, one that has a 'vibration damper' or some funky gimmicky round bit in the middle of the back of the club, and one that doesn't. I've got the gimmicky ones. I reckon they go pretty well for cheap wedges. Most shots feel pretty good. I don't get eye-popping spin with them, but that could just be because I'm a chopper. I suspect they wouldn't be quite up to the ball-shredding capabilities of some wedges out there, but if you just want something to get the ball in the air, these do the job nicely. They've definately helped my short game go from diabolical to suspect in the space of six months.

They should put that testimonial on the box :lol:

oncewasagolfer
14th April 2009, 08:24 PM
They should put that testimonial on the box :lol:

yeah that definitely sounds like a marketing campaign to me hehe