PDA

View Full Version : Stand bags advice

aussiemuggolfer
14th April 2009, 08:17 AM
Hello all.

Just need some advice from those that use a carry bag.
Can you guys suggest one that i can use on a buggy as well as carry.
Need full length dividers and a putter well if at all poss and a decent size if there is such an animal ??.

Thanks all.

mikezone13
14th April 2009, 08:20 AM
Ogio Edge isn't bad - I've got one and use it on the buggy more than I carry

PeteyD
14th April 2009, 08:30 AM
The Semi carry bags like the Nike bag that Courty has are what you are after. Good luck getting one here without ordering from the states. Most stand bags here are the lighter options. Not sure I have seen a stand bag with a putter well. I use the Cobra GT, which someone has for sale on the site at the moment. It is a good carry bag, not so good on a cart but not too bad.

Captain Nemo
14th April 2009, 09:05 AM
I've got the new Callaway Strike stand bag, very impressed with it!
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.golfbidder.com/sv/images/stock/callaway_strike_white.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.golfbidder.com/sv/bags/3323/callaway_08_strike_white_brown.html&usg=__ncU80aMUkhTkBmbAzTGDselm-Bg=&h=360&w=589&sz=122&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=tzE457hstUCD-M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcallaway%2Bstrike%2Bstand%2Bbag%26hl% 3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

Lucasto23
14th April 2009, 11:13 AM
I've got the new Callaway Strike stand bag, very impressed with it!
http://images.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.golfbidder.com/sv/images/stock/callaway_strike_white.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.golfbidder.com/sv/bags/3323/callaway_08_strike_white_brown.html&usg=__ncU80aMUkhTkBmbAzTGDselm-Bg=&h=360&w=589&sz=122&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=tzE457hstUCD-M:&tbnh=83&tbnw=135&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcallaway%2Bstrike%2Bstand%2Bbag%26hl% 3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

That bag is preddy, where did you pick it up from? Drummond, pro shop.
What do they cost roughly?

sorry for thread jack:roll:

adlo
14th April 2009, 11:17 AM
Any Ogio stand bag with the Troq strap is great to double as a cart bag.

Captain Nemo
14th April 2009, 11:19 AM
Picked it up on ebay from one of the pro's at Horsham G.C.
Only $170 delivered, very good price i thought!
Sorry to hear about their club and all with the fires, pretty shocking!

aussiemuggolfer
14th April 2009, 12:10 PM
Any Ogio stand bag with the Troq strap is great to double as a cart bag.

What the hell is a Troq strap ?? Dont you mean Jock strap !!!! LOL :lol:

adlo
14th April 2009, 12:24 PM
:lol:

It is listed as a feature on most Ogio bags, and holds the bag on buggies and carts very well.

mikezone13
14th April 2009, 12:31 PM
It's also spelt TORQ ;)

adlo
14th April 2009, 12:47 PM
It's also spelt TORQ ;)
Oops. Need to proof read my posts.

Hux
14th April 2009, 03:50 PM
Finding Ogio bags in Aus is as hard as trying to get a Nike Sasquatch Tour Standbag...ie you have to private import.

I ended up with an Ogio syncro cart bag which is 1kg heavier than my Izzo standbag yet has FL dividers, heaps of pockets and features and feels about 100% better built. It's not a stand bag but it is light - so great for travel etc.

giddyupgaz
14th April 2009, 04:10 PM
I use an Ogio stand bag, very good unit and I have had no issues at all with it. My golf improved by 2-3 shots just by using the stand bag, before anyone bites it improved because i can now only carry a couple of beers/bourbons with me on the course now instead of the pile I used to consume.

Mine is nearing the end of its life and I was looking at a Callaway bag in Drummonds last week, sweet bag with full length dividers and 14 slots for all the clubs. This would be the way I would go if I can't get another Ogio.

henno
14th April 2009, 04:56 PM
I have an ogio ozone I picked up new for $60 at an auction (real auction, not the ebay kind).

Strangely enough they have the very same bags for sale at Amart Allsports at Lawnton. Albeit for almost 3 times as much, but I thought it odd that for a brand so difficult to come by, they would be stocked at Amart.

Hux
14th April 2009, 05:47 PM
Since Amart is not a franchise you would guess that all Amart stores should have them unless Lawnton is a golf oriented store OR they are recent arrivals.
I will check out Cannon Hill and see if they have them.
Are they branded as Ogio?

henno
14th April 2009, 05:54 PM
Since Amart is not a franchise you would guess that all Amart stores should have them unless Lawnton is a golf oriented store OR they are recent arrivals.

They are not recent arrivals. Been there at least 4-6 months.

I will check out Cannon Hill and see if they have them. I live closer to Cannon Hill, and have never seen them there. (I only go to Lawnton due to a client being around the corner, and having to kill time before meetings.)

Are they branded as Ogio?

Sure are.

acem8
14th April 2009, 07:24 PM
I had several bad experiences with Taylor Made and Mizuno bags and then I bought a Ping K65. I'm not sure what the current models are, I haven't had to look - this one still looks brand new and I have used it loads, 99% of it carrying. I wouldn't look at another brand now.

DracZ
14th April 2009, 08:55 PM
Finding Ogio bags in Aus is as hard as trying to get a Nike Sasquatch Tour Standbag...ie you have to private import.

I ended up with an Ogio syncro cart bag which is 1kg heavier than my Izzo standbag yet has FL dividers, heaps of pockets and features and feels about 100% better built. It's not a stand bag but it is light - so great for travel etc.

Cheapest you could get it previously was around $350 AUD on ebay, shipped from the US. Recently found the Nike Sasquatch Tour standbag http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=310135324456 - $270 AUD inc Shipping to anywhere to australia :mrgreen:

Courty
14th April 2009, 08:57 PM
The Semi carry bags like the Nike bag that Courty has are what you are after. Good luck getting one here without ordering from the states.

Exactly. I carry very rarely, but still wanted a stand bag for the compact-ness & convenience for travelling. At first I had an Ogio Edge, which was a great bag, but IMO it's not as good as my Nike Sasquatch Tour (see my WITB (http://ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=53607&postcount=1)). Unfortunately, I had to source both of these bags from the US of A. Consequently I ended up having to fork out almost $300 for each of them, and that was before the plummet in the value of the dollar.

PS. The Torq strap on the Ogio is a good idea, but only really useful on a motorised cart, not a push buggy.

BBM Rick
14th April 2009, 10:56 PM
Happy with my Titleist jobie, seems to have stood up to all sorts of abuse!

aussiemuggolfer
26th April 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks all for the advice. Picked up a Burton hybrid ML stand bag at drummonds on special. Got full length dividers ext and enough pockets fro the neccessity's and can be use on a cart.
Cheers

Grunt
26th April 2009, 12:20 PM
Thanks all for the advice. Picked up a Burton hybrid ML stand bag at drummonds on special. Got full length dividers ext and enough pockets fro the neccessity's and can be use on a cart.
Cheers
Looked at that one at Drummond myself the other day. Will be interested to see how it goes.

idgolfguy
26th April 2009, 12:30 PM
I have one - looked great. However, after a few rounds found it uncomfortable to carry and heavy compared to others.

The straps are not as supportive.

aussiemuggolfer
26th April 2009, 05:15 PM
Well i'm not a carrier. I like it for the fact that its small without being too small. Enough pockets for the essentials, cauz i reckon the bigger the bag the more crap we tend to carry !!. The fact its a hybrid bought me. Full length dividers and the stand locks away so you can stick it on ur cart/buggy and i can use it down the range. Maybe a better summer bag when you dont need to carry wet weather gear, spare towls ect, but i reckon its big enough to use all year round. Seems good quality, they have made snow gear for years.