PDA

View Full Version : Balls: New or second hand

grandmasterb
13th April 2009, 06:05 PM
Just wondering what everyone does when it comes to buy new balls, is it brand new ones from the local pro or a bulk buy or one hit wonders???

Im in the market to get 2-3 dozen game balls and the guy i usually get my Pro V's from isn't selling anymore :(

Any bargains out there i should know about it???

Cheers Ben

Dazza
13th April 2009, 06:12 PM
www.squizzysgolf.com.au (http://www.squizzysgolf.com.au)
I've bought both AA & AAA from them with no issues whatsoever.

Their grading system- http://www.squizzysgolf.com.au/productlist.php?method=getbysubtypeid&product_typeid=5&product_subtypeid=34&

henno
13th April 2009, 06:14 PM
Squizzy's are great, but check their prices. (Both the Srixon Z-URS and Cally HX Tour 56 can be had new for less than their 2nd hand prices.)

adlo
13th April 2009, 06:24 PM
Re: Squizzy's 2nd hand balls.... their email/mailing list prices are generally a fraction of the website prices.

vovo
13th April 2009, 06:52 PM
I have seen you post this email prior (and the prices listed were definitely better than their listed prices), how do you get onto this email list?, I have signed up on their website a couple years back but only get an email (newsletter) every once in a while and it just appeared to be six frames of specials, which appeared to be a copy of some of their current specials.

adlo
13th April 2009, 07:00 PM
Just email Aaron:

squizzysgolfballs@dodo.com.au

and ask to get on the email list.

AndyP
13th April 2009, 07:40 PM
I unsubscribed from his email list a while ago. That huge font and colours drove me mad.

I got several dozen second hand balls ages ago, and with my short/straight game and reduced playing, I have not needed to make another purchase.

dc68
13th April 2009, 08:12 PM
New......... No telling how long some of the 2nd handers have been at the bottom of a lake. In saying that I don't pay for them I just use club vouchers/run down balls.

markTHEblake
13th April 2009, 08:19 PM
No telling how long some of the 2nd handers have been at the bottom of a lake

the lakes get emptied twice a week or more.

Hux
13th April 2009, 08:29 PM
I have bought my last few lots from Advantage Golf Supplies on the Gold Coast. Paid @ $1.70 for TM TP Red LDP's in AAA+.

Trades as Golf Balls Galore on Ebay. Very reliable people to deal with. Their Ebay selling is ordinary though as they don't state quantity. I just go into the store when i am working down there and pick them up....still have about 30+ in my stash though.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TITLEIST-PRO-V1-GOLF-BALLS_W0QQitemZ140314053611QQihZ004QQcategoryZ1583 66QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

Dazza
13th April 2009, 08:40 PM
Their Ebay selling is ordinary though as they don't state quantity.

Seems a bit odd, but maybe they're more interested in pushing sales through their physical store instead of using Ebay.

Jarro
14th April 2009, 05:30 PM
New......... No telling how long some of the 2nd handers have been at the bottom of a lake. In saying that I don't pay for them I just use club vouchers/run down balls.

I'm starting to think this is the way to go. I've been using good nick secondhand balls from Brookwater balls for a while now ... thinking they were the go for the price.

Well after using a brand new Srixon ball for a couple of holes in my last comp round, it made me realise that new balls are the go (for comp rounds anyway)

Hux
14th April 2009, 05:48 PM
Jarro did using a new ball make a difference to the game? Was it the difference between a Pro V & the Srixon or just the new ball smell and feel?

Jarro
14th April 2009, 05:59 PM
Probably the new ball smell and feel Hux.

It certainly gave me more distance off the tee, and i could actually feel the compression at impact too which was cool.

I'll be using a new pill now for every comp round ... whether it be a brand new ProV1X or a Srixon Z star ;)

Dazza
14th April 2009, 06:06 PM
Seems a bit odd, but maybe they're more interested in pushing sales through their physical store instead of using Ebay.
I need to start looking a bit harder!
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j100/bns_warrior_nt/untitled-6.jpg

gazgolf1
14th April 2009, 06:49 PM
Probably the new ball smell and feel Hux.

It certainly gave me more distance off the tee, and i could actually feel the compression at impact too which was cool.

I'll be using a new pill now for every comp round ... whether it be a brand new ProV1X or a Srixon Z star ;)

Are'nt the Zstar's low compression?, maybe thats why they are feeling good off the clubface. Hmmmm I might have to give them a try if I ever get back on the track.

Jarro
14th April 2009, 06:51 PM
Gaz, they felt a lot softer off the clubface than the ProV1X's i've been using.

Nice ball all round 8)

AndyP
14th April 2009, 07:09 PM
I expect jarro's handicap to come down a couple of shots, since he is using new balls now.

Jarro
14th April 2009, 07:12 PM
So do i AndyP, and i'll be most disappointed if that doesn't happen

AndyP
14th April 2009, 07:14 PM
The R9 driver should get it down another 2 at least, so you'll be firmly entrenched in single figures.

Jarro
14th April 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm more inclined to go back and get another Ping G2 ...

.. all the good players use them