9I-XDCYuY4o

Uber: I have taken your previous comments on-board
Virge: Not one ball, but two!

Scottt
14th April 2009, 03:07 PM
Was it something I said? :?

Dennis
14th April 2009, 04:16 PM
Whats with the slight over the top move on the 2nd swing?

Perhaps try a drill where you put beads under your right armpit to stop throwing your right shoulder out

virge666
14th April 2009, 06:28 PM
Quite like it - send me the avi file and I will do a "thing" on it.

little OTT and the backswing is in the wrong direction... but better than it was here.

Scottt
17th April 2009, 04:49 AM
Virge, hopefully I can describe this well enough for you to know what I mean.

Firstly, I went to the range last night but forgot my camera to get the DTL and front on vids you wanted.

So: I have just been swinging a bit and had what I think is a breakthrough.

I don't feel as though I have been rolling my left arm correctly, so the clubface is remaining closed on the way back. Is that evident in the vid? I have read that erring on the open side of square is preferable.

I thought it interesting you IDd OTT as the fault in those swings above, because

1. Both shots were fades, which isn't my normal shape, and
2. You may correct me, but I don't think I usually have an OTT problem.

Any info appreciated.

u8ergolfer
17th April 2009, 08:34 PM
That lo res vid hurt me eyes.. and when I slowed it down, its was like frame 1. takeaway.. frame 2..top.. frame 3.. finish,...or so it seemed..

Now I've seen it in "motion" looks like there's a bit more of the Gav Coles clear thru impact there, which ain't a bad thing at all..I'll defer to virge and I'll enjoy a hi res version next time tho'..

BTW WTF is wrong with a fade?.. At least you can talk to it...

Scottt
17th April 2009, 08:37 PM
Uber, vid on my still camera is the best I have, and sadly, that is what it produces.

Gav Coles, eh?! Should I start being an angry little bastard as well? (I know, what do I mean start?! :lol: In my defence, I'm not little!)

Nothing wrong with a fade if you hit it, but when they just appear from nowhere...

Ned
17th April 2009, 08:55 PM
9I-XDCYuY4o

Uber: I have taken your previous comments on-board
Virge: Not one ball, but two!

Scottty, is Lawn Bowls big in Pommie land ?????:wink:

Scottt
17th April 2009, 08:57 PM
Que?

u8ergolfer
17th April 2009, 09:09 PM
on that first frame, and If i had to look at that only.. Id say your in pretty good shape.. still a little on the heels I suppose, but pretty good..

Take a look at the Brad Lamb angles and your OK.

Now as for Gav.. his anger isn't outward, its a self talk thing..and he is sorry for it all the time. its not meant to be personal far from it..

BTW The best, and deepest thinker on the RSS I have met....

Scottt
17th April 2009, 09:13 PM
Thanks Uber. Hogan's five lessons keeps telling me if I can get it to the top in good shape, then the downswing is much easier to complete, and big errors are harder to come by.

I'm shocked, to be honest, just how far inside I had the clubhead in those old images!

Ned
17th April 2009, 09:19 PM
Que?

???????

u8ergolfer
17th April 2009, 09:20 PM
Its not a downswing in 5 lessons BTW, its the second part of the swing.. bit holistic but it keeps the motion as 'one' for mine..

iIts what Gaz calls the outside/inside feeling in a sense.. feels outside - really inside.. getting stuck etc etc..

Thats why I say a swing model is always good to measure yourself with..its always full of motion(s) or position to replicate, and you can see where your positions are at.. Hogan always said if he had video in his day it would have been WATCH OUT!!..

Scottt
17th April 2009, 10:23 PM
???????

WTF has lawn bowls got to do with this? Unless you're suggesting I should do what Blakey was threatening to?

zigwah
18th April 2009, 04:34 AM
chat bro?

Scottt
5th May 2009, 11:25 PM
How's that video going, Virge??