PDA

View Full Version : Toe Contact

Michaeljames92
12th April 2009, 07:16 PM
Hi everybody,
For the past 4 weeks or so I have been plagued with toe hits and it is really annoying the crap out of me. I have tried lining the club up with the hosel and so forth but i still manage to hit the toe. Trying to keep my head down for a little longer has seemed to work sometimes but I still manage to hit shots off the toe. Any suggestions?

razaar
12th April 2009, 07:26 PM
Toe hits mostly are caused by an outside to in swing path through contact. This results in a follow through that cuts to the left too soon past impact with the arms separating through contact and / or beyond. The cure is to concentrate on hitting inside to out through the ball position, keeping the arms close together and extending both arms out at the target. And keep the left side of your face behind the ball position until it is pulled up by the right shoulder (right hander).:)

Michaeljames92
12th April 2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the reply. I thought this might have something to do with it. Lately I have been working on swing plane and getting my hips to drop my hands into the 'slot' and when I get this right I still manage to hit the toe also. I spose I'm gonna have to hit the range again tomorrow to work this out. I have been told that I stand up on the ball at impact which is also causing a little out to in swing path. This guy told me to try the 9 to 3 drill which I'm not quite sure how it will help.

Thanks for the advice.

Rusty
12th April 2009, 09:02 PM
i'll like this explanation razaar. it's just one of the areas i'm afflicted with. i'm a bit of a swayer too. so it'll be good for me to think about keeping the left side of the face behind the ball, waiting my right shoulder.

Michaeljames92
13th April 2009, 12:48 AM
UPDATE: Worked on keeping my head down even after shot is gone and it has seemed to help.

virge666
13th April 2009, 03:49 PM
UPDATE: Worked on keeping my head down even after shot is gone and it has seemed to help.

Please don't do that. EVER.

Besides hurting you back, neck and left shoulder with extended use, it promotes an even MORE outside to inside swing.

No one does this, no one keeps there head down except for choppers. Ignore any idiot that says you should.