PDA

View Full Version : Ignite 410cc

McMw
26th December 2004, 10:28 PM
Took out the Ignite for 18 holes this morning...
Had a quick nine with it last night, and apart from the "whippiness" of the stiff shaft, I was reasonably happy with the feel of the club...

did some grip thickening, lop off half an inch too, in preparation for this morning...

hit some crackers out there this morning...in fact, I think I only miscued one, which still found the fairway, and faded nicely with the hole shape... :lol:

Just need to find out more info (if anyone knows) what the tip size is...0.350???
Need to find a suitable shaft too... 8)

davidp
27th December 2004, 06:22 AM
Mau, according to my searches on GEA & FGI, the Ignite takes a .350 shaft on a standard length bore.

Glad to hear you're happy with it. Any chance of a full length review once you get the reshaft done?

Jarro
27th December 2004, 03:54 PM
so does this mean the 580 will be up for sale soon :?: :wink:

McMw
27th December 2004, 09:38 PM
both R580XDs (same specs) are in other ppls hands...just waiting for the sale(s) to be confirmed... :wink:

figured it was no big loss...if I ever needed another R580XD 8.5 YS7 Stiff...I know where to get it... :lol:

Jarro
28th December 2004, 05:36 AM
so you are saying that the G2 has officially kicked the R580 outta your bag :shock:

I didn't think it was that good a driver :?

McMw
28th December 2004, 09:36 AM
G2???

The 580s been out of the bag for almost a week....as it's with another member who's keen on picking up one of the 580...
The other is also with him...but if he picks up one, I've got another guy keen on it...but won't know what's the plan till the new year...

Was talking to mate last night who played both Sun and Mon with me, and he seems to think the Ignite was a tad longer than the 580....it seemed that way to me, but I was playing away from my home course, so I can't really tell...

Jarro
28th December 2004, 03:06 PM
sorry ... i meant to say the Nike ignite :oops:

i had a bash with one and thought it was pretty ordinary :?

McMw
28th December 2004, 05:11 PM
the shaft is very ordinary...
I felt like I had no control of the shaft on the downswing, but after playing 45 holes with the driver, I think I can get over that feeling....the results speak for themselves...

what I like abt the head is the way it looks...very titleist...and despite being 30cc less than the 580XD, it looks bigger...