PDA

View Full Version : Karakal grips info

Rusty
9th April 2009, 05:29 PM
i'm impressed with Blakey's X-tacks (Yellow/Black (http://www.karakalgolfgrips.com/xtack.asp)). i like their slight cushioning feel, and soft non-skin tearing, surface.

i'm interested in the "Power V (http://www.karakalgolfgrips.com/powerv.asp)" range also, but i haven't been able to find where to feel them. so some questions if anyone knows...

do the Power V grips have the same
1. slight cushioning feel, and
2. soft surface of the grip, feel (I have "keyboard" hands :-) )
If not, how do they differ in feel to the X-tack

know of any sellers in Brisbane that
1. have the Power V's in stock so that i can feel
2. and buy from

markTHEblake
10th April 2009, 09:13 AM
Rusty, i was doing some practice putting last night in the loungeroom with my old putter (for about 1 min only, Ididnt want to over do it), and i casually notice that on the grip are the words "Karakal"

I got this grip from 'The Golf Factory" in Bundall. I dont recall ever seeing the other Karakal grip styles there as this was long before I bought those other grips for myself. It may help to give Craig a call anyway - he is always happy to help out the Ozgolfers.

Rusty
21st May 2009, 12:57 PM
in case anyone ever looks this up - Power V still much the same as the X-tack in slight cushioning feel. maybe not quite the same in surface softness as the grip - feeling a little bit more like a normal grip.

best place to buy is www.bestbuygolfsupply.com (http://www.bestbuygolfsupply.com). automatic postage calculator as you order.

these grips are great!

henno
21st May 2009, 01:37 PM
Can these grips be blown on with an air compressor easily? Or are they a pain in the arse like Winn?

Rusty
21st May 2009, 02:09 PM
club fitter told me was easy to use compressor.

Rusty
21st May 2009, 02:11 PM
if anyone's thinking of getting any from bestbuy let me know, as i might get some of their different "Putter V" grips to experiment with.

Bungeye
21st May 2009, 02:21 PM
blew them on with a compressor the other night easy Henno.

markTHEblake
21st January 2010, 01:07 AM
i'm impressed with Blakey's X-tacks (Yellow/Black (http://www.karakalgolfgrips.com/xtack.asp)). i like their slight cushioning feel, and soft non-skin tearing, surface.

How are you going with your grips Rusty? i dont like mine, they are much firmer than the Yellow/Blacks, and i dont think Baz thought much of them either.

I sent an email to Karakal, asking what grips would be the same and why are they so different, but they didnt answer, so i have contacted bestbuy as well

zigwah
21st January 2010, 06:37 AM
are these the grips you had at mur, you don't like mark?

markTHEblake
21st January 2010, 09:18 AM
Yes and No.

The Yellow ones in my irons I like

Rusty
21st January 2010, 11:42 PM
Blakey i still love mine. but i went with the old ones like your old ones, but in orange & black.

i got 2x Jumbo 10 for my 2 putters. but i'd like to try a Jumbo V, so let me know by pm if you're going to order some more of your original yellow & blacks.

markTHEblake
21st January 2010, 11:51 PM
Not yet. here is the email exchange I had with them.

I originally purchased the X-Tack *Yellow/Black * (YV-YE/BK-7) grips, and i love the soft feel of them.

As i liked them so much my friends wanted them too, so they got together to order a bunch of them from you (not under my name), and I also decided to get some for next time to save on shipping costs and as i figured that all X-Tacks would be the same, so i got the * Red Checker *(YV-WH/RD/BK-S20) and *Prism/Green *(YV-GN/BK-S19) for something different.

However I have found these ones to by much firmer in feel, nothing like the Yellow/Black at all and that has been very dissapointing. They feel hard like cord grips but not as grippy. The experience of my friends has been much the same, they didnt like the grips they got either - compared to my original Yellow/Black.

Also disappointed that I emailed Karakal for advice and they didnt answer.

As i am in Australia i don't really have any opportunity to try anything before i buy, which grips should I buy next time in order to reproduce the feel of the Yellow/Black?
Dear Valued Customer, One thing in golf once you find something that you love and feels really good to you you should not change because golf is a feel game. I am sorry for Karakal not answering you they are a good company i will forward your email to them as well.
Thanks for the reply, you make a good point about not changing something. However the Karakal X-Tack grips, as they are the same model, and have the same product description, should not be significantly different just because the colour changes. Many manufacturers make different coloured grips, like Golf Pride, but they are always the same.
Dear Valued Customer, That i am not sure about as we are not the manufacturer. In referring to golf pride they are different as well the multicompound series the whites wear out quicker than any other color it is kinda weird but they are doing something different for these things to happen.

Rusty
22nd January 2010, 12:10 AM
fyi, i got the Power V - Black, WPUB2 (YV-GXO1-WPUB2) iron grips, just to compare to the Orange/Black X-Tack. i found them to be similar, but a little firmer and not "compress" as much as the Orange/Black X-Tack.

i had no luck with getting a reponse from Karakal also, on the difference in "compression" feel between the X-Tack & Power V. not good.

markTHEblake
22nd January 2010, 12:16 AM
the ones listed as "New" on their website does have a slightly different description to the normal X-Tack. possible the old ones are all the same too.

shouldnt be hard for them to tell us though

A combination of PU and felt giving a non slip, tacky grip that provides a secure feel in all conditions with anti-vibration material.