PDA

View Full Version : NSPro1050 Shafts

Davemason
26th December 2004, 06:59 PM
Has any body heard of this shaft :smt102 ? Any info please

gazgolf1
26th December 2004, 08:09 PM
I think they are a heavier version of Nippon's steel iron shafts.
I would assume that they are similar to the NS Pro 970's in my Titleist 804's that are in the swap shop.

Here we go just found em. 8)

http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/products_e/1050_e.htm

davidp
26th December 2004, 08:22 PM
Nippon make arguably the best light steel shafts in the market. They are the number 1 shaft on the Japanese PGA tour and very popular on the LPGA tour.

The 1050s are similar in characteristics to the 950s which I am now playing in my Wishon 939Hs. From the few full shots that I've played with them, they are a very smooth shaft. If my handicap was lower I could take full advantage of them. I'm now considering reshafting my wedges to the Nippons from Rifles & Rifle Spinners.

They are a premium price shaft probably only surpassed by the Rifle Project X in price. They retail here for about $50 - $55 per shaft, although you can get them for about $25 per shaft.

McMw
26th December 2004, 10:25 PM
nippon steels are not for everyone tho....

couple of members here went from DGs to Nippon, coz they were the "best thing since slice bread" :roll: and have suffered with their game...

complaints ranged from too hight a ball flight, loss of distance (up to 2 clubs in some cases), no feel...

goughy
27th December 2004, 09:53 AM
This is my personal opinion only; and I'm no jaster or nudgee when it comes to my swing. But I had an ns pro950 in a 3 wood once and it was horrible. Couldn't wait to get rid of it.

Don't know what the other shafts are like, but once bitten twice shy.

Jarro
27th December 2004, 03:51 PM
I had an ns pro950 in a 3 wood once and it was horrible. Couldn't wait to get rid of it.

same here, i thought the shaft was a piece of crap :smt019

goughy
27th December 2004, 06:47 PM
Just on a personal note jarro, would you believe I've never heard a piece of music with neil peart in my life (that I know of anyway) :shock:

Disgusting for a drummer.

Jarro
27th December 2004, 07:10 PM
Just on a personal note jarro, would you believe I've never heard a piece of music with neil peart in my life (that I know of anyway) :shock:

Disgusting for a drummer.

that is shameful Dean :o

i've been a Rush fan for about 25 years .... they're awesome :!:

for a great initiation to their music ... get the live "Exit...Stage Left" album .... simply awesome stuff 8)

Jono
27th December 2004, 07:41 PM
I have Nippon 950's in my hybrids and irons and love them. I've soft stepped the stiff, but they feel on the softer side of regular (equivalent to say R200). Feels very smooth to me.

I also had the 950 in my 3 wood which I didn't really like. Didn't feel very stable ... perhaps the flex was wrong (went for regular to get higher trajectory). Anyway, ended up reshafting with a regular flex ICON v2 which feels much more stable.

goughy
27th December 2004, 08:28 PM
Shows the difference in the iron and wood shafts. I had a 950stiff shaft and it really felt like spagetti, there seemed no stability in it at all.

Jono
28th December 2004, 04:22 PM
Shows the difference in the iron and wood shafts. I had a 950stiff shaft and it really felt like spagetti, there seemed no stability in it at all.

goughy,

I think the iron shafts are more solid, but even then, these are really for those who prefer "soft" shafts. Having said this, a friend of mine who swings really smooth, hits his 7 iron about 150 meters, thought that the Nippon shafts would be perfect for his swing. He got a brand new set made up, KZG Evolution forged heads with regular flex Nippon shafts, but couldn't hit them. I suggested he reshaft with Stiff, but I think he's going back to what he knows best ... ie. Dynamic Gold. :wink:

Davemason
28th December 2004, 09:00 PM
Ok thanks for all the feed back, now can any one tell me what is the better shaft the Nspro1050 or the Rifle Project X shaft

Jarro
28th December 2004, 09:10 PM
Ok thanks for all the feed back, now can any one tell me what is the better shaft the Nspro1050 or the Rifle Project X shaft

ProjectX is a far superior shaft. Designed more for the better players