PDA

View Full Version : Boxing Day Test Aust. Vs Pakistan.

Jarro
26th December 2004, 04:42 PM
well the Pakis are surely going to make this one a bit more of a contest. Some good batting from the top order today, quite a contrast from the first test :roll:

Can't recall the last time in a test where the Aussies hadn't taken a wicket in the first hour :?

Onewood
26th December 2004, 06:50 PM
Can't recall the last time in a test where the Aussies hadn't taken a wicket in the first hour :?

Hide hayden down at fine leg and we may have a chance :D

Ausies will need to score there normal 500 + in this one :wink:

It will still only last 4 days either way :P

davidp
26th December 2004, 08:14 PM
Maybe some of Hayden's lack of confidence in his batting is seeping into his fielding. Usually he has a safe pair of mitts. :smt102

McMw
26th December 2004, 10:20 PM
well....at least this test will be interesting... :wink:

Ona
27th December 2004, 09:45 AM
calling it.. DRAW

AndyP
27th December 2004, 09:56 AM
Seems to be a pretty boring pitch, that suits the batters at this stage. Might see some spin take over later on, if it's not raining.

Disappointing to see Clarke's bowling averages get destroyed too. ;)

Golfgirl
27th December 2004, 12:52 PM
Good lord! We have a cricket match on our hands!!! :shock:

I wasn't quite as convinced after the Paki's session with the bat this morning, despite the heroic knock from Youhana yesterday, but Akhtar is certainly creating havoc amongst the boys atm!!! :shock:

I don't know about the draw call.... this one could come down to the wire....

AndyP
27th December 2004, 03:32 PM
I don't know about the draw call.... this one could come down to the wire....
I wouldn't worry about that. These guys call a draw at the drop of a hat, just like they did for the 1st Test vs New Zealand. :roll:

Good lord! We have a cricket match on our hands!!!
Maybe. I'll reserve judgement until all the Aussies are out, or at least until Gilly is gone. Until then, anything could happen.

Jarro
27th December 2004, 03:39 PM
looks like we won't get any more play today.... it's hailing in Melbourne :evil:

Jarro
27th December 2004, 04:08 PM
AMAZING :shock:

hailing half an hour ago, now the suns out.. and they're gonna start play again :roll:

I don't think i could stand living in Melbourne.

Onewood
27th December 2004, 06:49 PM
Clarke has some growing up to do :roll: See he kept the strike for abouit 4 overs straight before he got out :shock: and was'nt in real good form in those overs......I think he needs to hand the strike over a bit more when he's struggling a bit :roll:

Davemason
27th December 2004, 08:15 PM
I think the Paki's played like crap in the first test to lull the Australians into a false sense of security, A big turn around in playing performance.

markTHEblake
27th December 2004, 09:32 PM
no way it will be a draw, too many wickets down already for that. a result by lunchtime 5th day.

I would like to see australia get bowled out for about 50 in the first innings. then we will see some competittion. call it a fair handicap.

McMw
27th December 2004, 09:33 PM
u can blame ponting for giving the pakis ammunition.... :roll:

I can't understand why he couldn't just wait till the test series was over before he made such a comment... :?

Jarro
28th December 2004, 05:30 AM
i think the big turnaround in the Pakis performance in this Test is because Inzamam isn't their captain .....

.. talk about a big, useless, no-talent :roll: He doesn't exactly lead by example does he :P

I'm willing to call this Test a draw though.

Jarro
28th December 2004, 05:43 PM
i'd officially like to withdraw my "draw" prediction :roll:

McMw
28th December 2004, 06:08 PM
great bowling by the two pakis tho...5for for both of them...very impressive!!! :D

Onewood
28th December 2004, 06:17 PM
It will still only last 4 days either way :P

I might stay with mine :wink: :D

AndyP
29th December 2004, 08:41 AM
i'd officially like to withdraw my "draw" prediction :roll:
When will you learn, you fool? :smt011

Golfgirl
29th December 2004, 08:47 AM
:roll: What the @#$% is going on with these Paki's..... everytime I get excited because they are putting up a bit of a fight, they manage to screw it up..... :? :evil:

Hope the one day series will be more exciting than the Tests have been.....

Bruce
29th December 2004, 08:54 AM
Another example of why the Aussie team is the best test side in the world.

The Pakis were on top for 4 out of 6 sessions over the first two days with the Aussies really only winning one. Then yesterday they got Gilly out with the Aussies nearly 100 behind. They should have taken a lead into the second innnings. But Martyn and Dizzy batted them out of the game again. Then the woes are compounded by another horrible batting performance.

Test matches can't be won in a single session, but they can certainly be lost in one.

With *nothing* on telly last night I spent a bit of time watching the Jarpies and the Poms. England were on the ropes too after Kallis' amazing innings, but then a massive opening stand by Strauss and Trescothick has batted England back into the game. South Africa have lost their nerve. They played for draws in India and then yesterday with a healthy first innings lead couldn't force the issue and have drifted from strong favourites to level the series to slight outsiders.

Bruce
29th December 2004, 02:18 PM
It happened again.

How did Pakistan go from being one wicket away from putting the heat on the Aussies to losing the game comprehensively? Both here and Perth. They couldn't get Gilly and Langer out and were batted out of the game in Perth. Yesterday they had Gilly out with a reasonable lead on the board. In a little more than a days play they have lost by 9 wickets.

I blame ODI cricket. Games can be won with a mere 50 overs of strong performance matched to 50 overs of adequate performance. No one seems able to match it with the Aussies over the course of 400 (or hopefully more) overs.

McMw
3rd January 2005, 12:45 AM
maybe the aussies are just better at batting as pairs, and concentrating on the partnership when things are going bad...

with the other teams, once they start losing 2 or 3 quick wickets, the floodgates really open...

just have a look at what happen today, Third Dest....8 wickets lost for 99 runs... :roll: