PDA

View Full Version : Retiring from Golf :(

Golfgirl
23rd December 2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I am both happy and sad, because today I landed a dream job.... :?

Unfortunately, I will be sacrificing the regular golf because I will be working Monday to Friday, and with Matt working Saturday and Sunday, I will have noone to look after the little fella while I play. :(

I will try and squeeze the odd game in, but I think that I probably won't even bother with a membership (or maybe I will just get a country membership somewhere....?).

I'll have to just visit in here and live vicariously through the lot of you! :D

Anyway, that's my news!

markTHEblake
23rd December 2004, 06:12 PM
I retire from golf after every round that I play - dont we all?

Ona
23rd December 2004, 07:23 PM
thats great Gg :D .. and sad :cry:

I should prolly know this, but how old is the little tacka ?

Jarro
23rd December 2004, 08:02 PM
I'm sure it'll all work out for the best GG :D

.. just think of all the extra cashola coming in 8)

Keza_G
23rd December 2004, 10:35 PM
GG....

Very unfortunate to hear.... but you gotta do what ya gotta do hey...

I am in a similar predicament, I have 2 job interviews for the dream jobs....I may get 1 I may get both and I may get neither.... but when to opportunity presents you must take it...

I wish you every success in your dream career and hope that you can still make it out to the course once in a while.... When I come to NSW maybe we could head out for a drink anyway...kids an all.....

Best wisshes & Merry xmas.....

Cheers

Keza

Golfgirl
24th December 2004, 09:11 AM
thats great Gg :D .. and sad :cry:

I should prolly know this, but how old is the little tacka ?

He's 3yo and a bundle of energy!! I'll just do a Onewood in another couple of years time and get him playing pitch'n'putt so that I can go have a hit too... :wink:

Keza - defintely look me up when you are down - I'll look forward to a drink with you and we can let the kids amuse each other! :D

amanda
24th December 2004, 12:08 PM
For a second there I thought your shoulder was blown and you physically weren't able to play golf :cry:

Congrats on getting the job - it sounded excellent!

Maybe I can con Brad into looking after Mitch while we play golf :-k

Ducky
24th December 2004, 12:43 PM
You don't need to retire. Who knows what the future will bring, things could work out and you'll be back playing golf in no time.

:)

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

AndyP
24th December 2004, 05:48 PM
Congrats on getting a job, GG. :D

Sorry to hear about your loss. :(

Is there any night golf in Sydney? :idea:

amanda
26th December 2004, 11:31 AM
Is there any night golf in Sydney? :idea:
Not around where we live - about 1 hr away in Terrey Hills there is a night Pitch N Putt - but that's way too far

Golfgirl
27th December 2004, 01:49 PM
Maybe I can con Brad into looking after Mitch while we play golf

Poor Brad!!! :shock: :? :lol:

When I settle into the job a bit, I'll try and organise a game with you guys..... I will be able to squeeze the odd game in early on a Saturday morning :D (assuming that it is possible to get a tee time somewhere on a Saturday :?)

markTHEblake
27th December 2004, 10:46 PM
hang on, why are you not telling us exactly what sort of dream job makes you give up on an aspiring golf career?

Golfgirl
29th December 2004, 10:13 AM
Sorry Blakey! I was too devastated by the imminent demise of my golf to get that far.... :roll:

The job is working for a prominent australian security company as an account manager, handling all dealings for one of their largest clients, who has about 500 odd sites, with another few hundred to come on line down the track. I started out in the security industry back when I was 20 and it was where I got my first real career break - managing operations of a multi-million dollar company by time I was 23.

I've been out of the workforce for a while now, and had set my sights pretty low for re-entry (I had been applying for part-time office positions :oops: ). But then I was interviewed by a recruitment consultant who convinced me to take on a bit more of a challenge and sent me for an interview.

I walked into the interview at 2pm last Thursday, and walked out at 2.55pm, they offered me the job at 3.10pm and have offered me a good package and are willing to be a little flexible with my hours to accommodate my daycare arrangements.

I'm really excited about it... and have been dusting off the business suits that have been mothballed for a while.... (and of course, I had to go shopping in the sales of course... :wink: )