PDA

View Full Version : Golf Diaries

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 03:13 PM
Hey gang,

You think you could come up with a part of this forum for 'Golf Diaries' - we all post our previous matches in a thread, but perhaps a private area (each person has their own) for a golf diary. Then they can look back over their performance, thoughts, developments over a period of time.

Also, how about a Course Rating thread. Not like the other forum - but a Topic for course postings only. For instance, prefix the subject with the state, then the course name. E.g.;

NSW - Riverside Oaks

And then post par, distance, hole info, what you thought of the course and current conditions. When someone else plays there, they can add their thoughts/update conditions etc. If you were really clever you could make a template so all we have to do is add Metres, Par and Index for each hole.

Jarro
18th May 2004, 03:44 PM
sounds like a great idea Dan 8)

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 03:53 PM
Well i wouldn't post crap ideas, that's why we have the chat area now (if recent form is anything to go by ;))

Jarro
18th May 2004, 03:56 PM
hahaha :lol:

yeah, the chat room is now called the crap room :roll: :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 04:07 PM
I hope your not referring to my input...
By the way, Diaries...crap idea !

It's your output that we're most concerned about.. :?

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 04:48 PM
I think there should be also a seperate section for Commercial postings of our own . For example a lot of us are self employed or in sales, and i would be kicking myself if i went out and paid retail for a new Telly and find out that Jarro could have got me one for half the price.

Theres no harm in telling your mates what you do for a crust, and keeping it in a seperate forum means its a great way to do it - and avoids the problems that occur when people are tempted to 'spam'.

Jarro
18th May 2004, 06:37 PM
what size telly are you after Blakey :wink: :lol:

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 06:57 PM
I actually keep a paper diary of my golf exploits - don't record every game in it - just the ones where something special was done.... :lol: :oops: I started it half way through last year 'cause I thought that it would make good reading one day.

I also keep an "eclectic" for my home course so that I can tell myself that if I strung all my good holes together that I could shoot ___. I'm at +8 at Shellharbour and was at +4 at Horton Park.... if only I could now string it all together... :? :lol: :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 10:11 PM
I was actually thinking of it so i could remember thoughts after the crap games, see what negativity comes out and therefore i know better for next time.

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 11:16 PM
try www.gstatpro.com
better than a note book

AndyP
19th May 2004, 04:35 AM
I think there should be also a seperate section for Commercial postings of our own . For example a lot of us are self employed or in sales, and i would be kicking myself if i went out and paid retail for a new Telly and find out that Jarro could have got me one for half the price.

Theres no harm in telling your mates what you do for a crust, and keeping it in a seperate forum means its a great way to do it - and avoids the problems that occur when people are tempted to 'spam'.
Anyone interested in buying a large defence-related communications system. I can get you one real cheap. :wink:

Course Ratings: Surely we could take advantage of the other sites for this one?

Golf Diaries: Is anyone going to read it except yourself? If not, then why not keep it on your own PC?

Fishman Dan
19th May 2004, 07:57 AM
Course Ratings: Surely we could take advantage of the other sites for this one?

Don't you think we can do things a little better here? Starting from scratch we've got a chance to do it right.

Golf Diaries: Is anyone going to read it except yourself? If not, then why not keep it on your own PC?

I like to keep everything in once place. We spend so much freaking time on these websites we may as well use it for creative purposes ;)[/i]

markTHEblake
19th May 2004, 09:29 AM
Don't you think we can do things a little better here? Starting from scratch we've got a chance to do it right.

Andy Lo is a Web database guru genius, between you and him you could knock soomethig up. Besides we dont have to have all the courses, just the ones we like

I like to keep everything in once place. We spend so much freaking time on these websites we may as well use it for creative purposes ;)[/i]

you can also track scores and stats (but not notes) here for free
www.gstatpro.com/gstatweb
its part of the stats program i use, so i can export my scores, or you can enter them directly into the site. Its quote a decent system.

Golfgirl
19th May 2004, 04:50 PM
I was actually thinking of it so i could remember thoughts after the crap games, see what negativity comes out and therefore i know better for next time.

I'm working on only remembering the good rounds... :? :wink: :roll:

If I took the words "block, slice, hook, three putt, flum and skull" out of my vocabulary, I wouldn't be able to talk about most of my golf rounds..... :? :shock: :lol: