PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Game this Sunday - New Brighton GC

Grunt
30th March 2009, 06:18 PM
Hi All

Looking for a game this Sunday, the girls are off out to a birthday Party and I have a chance to get a weekend hit in.

Results

Grunt 32 points
Jimandr 30 points
Andrew 29 points

jimandr
30th March 2009, 10:18 PM
I'm free, as long as you don't want to play super early.

We should give it a day or so to see if others want to play, then try to find somewhere that did their coring/sanding a few weeks ago instead of last week.

Andrew
30th March 2009, 11:19 PM
I might be up for this. How late would you tee off?

Grunt
31st March 2009, 08:45 PM
Would be around 9 for Jim I think, Is that too late for you Andrew?

Andrew
31st March 2009, 10:02 PM
Would be around 9 for Jim I think, Is that too late for you Andrew?
No, not at all. 9am would be perfect.

jimandr
31st March 2009, 11:35 PM
I wasn't sure whether the question was directed at me, or at Grunt. If at me, the correct answer is as late as possible while still getting in before dark.

If you meant 'what is the earliest time you will play?', you are lucky that Sunday is the end of daylight saving, thus allowing an extra hour of precious sleep. I usually waste the opportunity by staying up extra late and watching EPL football.

But I can make a 9.00am start without any problems, if you can find a venue with an open tee time. Campbelltown perhaps?

Grunt
1st April 2009, 04:50 AM
I will have a look around if I get time today, fairly busy at work this week.

Andrew
1st April 2009, 05:26 AM
I wasn't sure whether the question was directed at me, or at Grunt. If at me, the correct answer is as late as possible while still getting in before dark.

If you meant 'what is the earliest time you will play?', you are lucky that Sunday is the end of daylight saving, thus allowing an extra hour of precious sleep. I usually waste the opportunity by staying up extra late and watching EPL football.

But I can make a 9.00am start without any problems, if you can find a venue with an open tee time. Campbelltown perhaps?
I'm happy to play later. Even just getting in before dark is fine.

Grunt
1st April 2009, 04:06 PM
I will have a look around if I get time today, fairly busy at work this week.

Sorry guys I did not get time today at work. Can I ask you Andrew to book us in somewhere tomorrow if you can? Where ever, what ever time.

Andrew
1st April 2009, 10:10 PM
I'm actually working tomorrow as well. (Yes, I know! It's hard to believe) I'm at school from before 7am, but I may get home before 5pm if I get lucky, otherwise I'll ring on Friday.

jimandr
1st April 2009, 10:21 PM
While I am working too, I can probably find a spare 5 minutes to make some calls.

I'll see how I go and post in the evening.

jimandr
2nd April 2009, 08:25 PM
New Brighton, 11.18am for three players was the best I could do.

Cumberland and Glenmore were after 12.30, and I couldn't get through to Campbelltown.

If you cant play at that time, or don't want to, tell me as soon as you can so I can cancel it.

One other thing. Don't trust the phone numbers printed on the Open Day spreadsheet on the NSWGA website. I tried three, and they all didn't answer.

Grunt
2nd April 2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Jim that will be ok with me. The girls are going out around the same time. How much did New Brighton say it would be? It has it as $40 on the Golflink booking page. The Course has looked pretty good driving past recently.

Scottt
2nd April 2009, 08:36 PM
I played NB w/ M3J last year as a visitor (when he was at Bankstown) and from memory I paid $35.

Andrew
2nd April 2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks Jim. I'll see you guys there.

jimandr
2nd April 2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks A and G.

The New Brighton website says visitor comp fees for Sunday is $35. The website also made no mention of coring/sanding of greens, so I guess we'll find out when we get there.

I haven't played New Brighton since the 7th and 8th changed, so I'm looking forward to it.

Scottt
2nd April 2009, 11:25 PM
Don't hit it past hole-high on the 7th, Jim. That green is like front valley at Perisher :lol:

Grunt
4th April 2009, 07:34 PM
See you both at NB about 10:45. Hopefully the weather does not play any part in the day.

Grunt
5th April 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks guy for a pretty good day out @ New Brighton. Cored greens meant putting was a lottery and Andrew seemed to take up all the lucky putts with a few 20+ Foot putts dropping. On our last hole the 9th, Andrew had the Duffed putt. I had never seen one like it before.
Jim played ok, I dragged him down ;)

Results

Grunt 32
Jimandr 30
Andrew 29? (not Sure)

Andrew
5th April 2009, 08:33 PM
Andrew seemed to take up all the lucky putts with a few 20+ Foot putts dropping.
Only one 20 footer dropped. You obviously didn't notice the seven 3 putts I had.

Apparently I had 30 points, although I thought I had 29 as well. There may have been an adjustment because of the spare hole; or maybe they gave me an extra point for my hat.

jimandr
5th April 2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks to Andrew and Grunt for the game. I enjoyed the company, even though my golf wasn't good.

Because it wasn't me who did it, I particularly enjoyed the Duffed Putt by Andrew on our last hole (9th). He dead set hit the ground two inches behind the ball and left his 15 footer 8 feet short. There was a bit of sand on the green, but to hit an explosion shot, you must accelerate the club through the ball, not decelerate it.