PDA

View Full Version : Camera to use with swing capture software?

moree golfer
30th March 2009, 11:20 AM
This thread should possibly be in the Equip Me section but here goes. I have an old laptop (Dell) that will be obselete soon as we are upgrading soon. I was thinking I could strip it down and use it a portable swing capture device. My question is whether I could use a webcam-style camera or would I need to use a good digital video camera with ability to increase shutter speed?

I don't currently have any software but have been thinking about using V1. Any comments on software choices would be appreciated also. After reading the various swing threads I viewed my own swing on my crappy Kodak camera and I need do some serious work on it :smt087 . This might be a good way to get instant feedback while practising.

virge666
30th March 2009, 11:54 AM
This thread should possibly be in the Equip Me section but here goes. I have an old laptop (Dell) that will be obselete soon as we are upgrading soon. I was thinking I could strip it down and use it a portable swing capture device. My question is whether I could use a webcam-style camera or would I need to use a good digital video camera with ability to increase shutter speed?

You could but it would not be ideal.

Shutter speed is good, you don't really need it. You can see my late night shots are running a 60m/s and they are still usable.

Grab a cheap video camera from Fleabay - $200-300 would do it nicely.

zigwah
30th March 2009, 11:56 AM
What was the program u used for my swing virge?

virge666
30th March 2009, 02:18 PM
What was the program u used for my swing virge?

v1 Home or cSwing will do.

v1 Home for you - it is free.

zigwah
30th March 2009, 02:21 PM
Thanx