PDA

View Full Version : My Beautiful Wife

prmeier
30th March 2009, 11:33 AM
Just wanted to let those that had expressed concern and well wishes that my beautiful wife, Ros, passed away last Friday, the 20th March, after a 3 1/2 month battle with cancer. She was a beautiful, caring person who dedicated her life to her family and will be sadly missed by a large number of people. She was the light of my life and I will never forget the 21 wonderful years we spent together.

We were not big participants in Ozgolf days because of our distance from Brisbane and children but the days that we did play together, including two champs and the day put on by Shavey at Lakelands were thoroughly enjoyed. She had fond memories of the day we played with Thommo and Vas at CTH, the ladies she played with at Pacific Harbour and the day she was paired with Jarro at CTH. She was bitterly disappointed that we were not able to make it to the champs at Kooralbyn. We had holidayed there only the Xmas before and she was looking forward to going back. She was a mad keen golfer and probably a bigger Ho than 90% of the guys on here and loved to compete.

She was only 18 months away from retiring from our business and becoming a full time mum/golfer. She had worked so hard for so many years to help raise our 5 kids and run our business and was just at the stage where she could reap the rewards. We had planned to take 12 months off and travel around Australia, playing at every course we could get on at. She was playing off a handicap of 6 only a short while ago and considering she didn't take golf up until she was into her 40's she played a pretty mean game. There would be a few guys here at Ozgolf that will have been embarrased to have been outdriven by my little baby.

I love you Ros and will always remember your beautiful smile and feistiness. I promised you I will find you again one day and I will. It's not goodbye, it's see you later baby.

Scottt
30th March 2009, 11:36 AM
Terrible news, PM. Very sad to hear that, condolences to you and your family.

AndyP
30th March 2009, 11:46 AM
I enjoyed Ros's company at Bribie in the 2006 Champs and I'm very sad to hear this tragic news. Thank you for letting us know, Peter, it what must be a tough time and condolences to yourself, family and friends.

adlo
30th March 2009, 11:53 AM
That is extremely sad, thanks for what you have shared.
Deepest sympathies. All the best to you and your family.
Adam

Fishman Dan
30th March 2009, 11:57 AM
Peter... deepest sympathies to you and your family during this tough time.

kwantfm
30th March 2009, 12:00 PM
Peter, I'm so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

virge666
30th March 2009, 12:00 PM
I truly don't know what to say.
Deepest sympathies mate.

+1

All the strength in the world to you.

dc68
30th March 2009, 12:02 PM
My condolences Pete.

Dotty
30th March 2009, 12:06 PM
That is a beautiful eulogy.

Vale Ros.

henno
30th March 2009, 12:08 PM
I too lost a close family member to cancer (breast), so I know that nothing I or anyone else say will make things much better. My sympathies to you and your family in what has to be the most difficult period in a person's life: losing their partner.

Grunt
30th March 2009, 12:16 PM
As G69 has said I too truly are lost for words. I remember meeting you guys at the Driving range before that torturous day at Pacific Harbour.

poidda
30th March 2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry to hear such sad news Pete.

There would be a few guys here at Ozgolf that will have been embarrased to have been outdriven by my little baby.
I can vouch for this after playing with Pete and Ros at Lakelands. If I remember correctly Ros took the long drive off Moe that day.

BrisVegas
30th March 2009, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear this sad news Pete. :sad:

Although I didn't know Ros well, the couple of times I met you both Ros was very friendly and chatty. I'm glad to have met her.

grandmasterb
30th March 2009, 12:33 PM
Condolences to you and the family.

prmeier
30th March 2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the kind words guys and the great picture G69. As you can see, there wasn't much of her but it was all special.

Jono
30th March 2009, 12:49 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Peter. Thank you for telling us and your love for her obviously shows. It puts things in perspective ... when I get home, I'll give my wife a big hug.

Again, I'm very sorry to hear the news.

davidp
30th March 2009, 01:05 PM
Condolences to you and your children Peter.

perci
30th March 2009, 01:14 PM
So sorry to hear Pete my thoughts are with you and your family!

Eag's
30th March 2009, 01:30 PM
Very sad new indeed, my deepest condolances to you and your family.

zigwah
30th March 2009, 01:38 PM
Hi mate, don't know you, and anything i say are just words to you, but i feel your pain, condolances

chappy1970
30th March 2009, 02:07 PM
Peter,
My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Your kind words of her were very heartfelt and beautiful.

Chappy

Johnny Canuck
30th March 2009, 02:09 PM
Peter,

Very sorry to hear the news.

Beautiful post, that I won't be able to read again.

JS

Trung
30th March 2009, 02:28 PM
Peter,

Very very sad news. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Trung

Iain
30th March 2009, 02:50 PM
My deepest condolences to you and your family Peter.....

Very sad news....

peter_rs
30th March 2009, 03:12 PM
My condolences

I'm sorry for your loss & my wishes are with you and your family.

PeteyD
30th March 2009, 03:17 PM
Condolences. Sad sad news.

Jarro
30th March 2009, 04:40 PM
Peter, like many others here have said .... my deepest condolences to you and the family .... it's always very sad to hear a beautiful person has been taken away from us too early :cry:

I have great memories of the round i played with Ros at the Champs that year. I remember looking at all the great gear she had in her bag ... all the latest stuff, she was certainly a lady that loved her golf :) I also remember being astounded at how well she hit those Srixon blades :shock: I don't think she duffed a shot with them all day ... a truly great effort.

Although i only met her once and played just the one round with her, i got to know what a wonderful caring person she was .... she was a sincerely warm, generous, caring human being.

She will be missed by all the OzGolf community :cry:

CobraSS
30th March 2009, 04:49 PM
Sad news, my condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Grunt
30th March 2009, 04:49 PM
She will be missed by all the OzGolf community :cry:
Well Said Jarro

Chris32
30th March 2009, 04:53 PM
Peter,

My sincere condolences to you and your family, wishing you all the best in what would be the hardest of times

Chris

Courty
30th March 2009, 05:20 PM
Peter,

my condolences to you and your family.

Courty

shavey
30th March 2009, 05:25 PM
The ozgolf family is here for you and your family in this unfortunate time my friend.

Steve

just
30th March 2009, 05:29 PM
Pete

My condolences to you and your family. Ros will be missed.

sincerely
just

Johnny Canuck
30th March 2009, 05:42 PM
I say we all chip in a few dollars to put towards a trophy for a memorial event. Make it a time and place that is convenient for Peter. I'm sure there would be a great OzGolf turnout for that one.

Bruce
30th March 2009, 05:44 PM
Devastating and my sincere condolences to you.

Should we update the Legends roster?

Jarro
30th March 2009, 05:54 PM
I say we all chip in a few dollars to put towards a trophy for a memorial event. Make it a time and place that is convenient for Peter. I'm sure there would be a great OzGolf turnout for that one.

I'm sure we could incorporate something into the Champs as well ... we've managed it for other OzGolf legends that have recently passed :(

gazgolf1
30th March 2009, 05:56 PM
Such a terrible, cruel disease.
I met Ros as well at the 05 Champs and in that short time I was thoroughly impressed with a great lady and great couple that she and Pete made.
So sorry for your loss Peter.

prmeier
30th March 2009, 06:48 PM
Such a terrible, cruel disease.
I met Ros as well at the 05 Champs and in that short time I was thoroughly impressed with a great lady and great couple that she and Pete made.
So sorry for your loss Peter.

Thanks Gaz. We were often referred to as the "Odd Couple" because of our height differences but we were such a great team.

symowallo
30th March 2009, 07:49 PM
Very sorry to hear about your loss.

Condolences to you and your family, and I hope that things get better for you and your family soon.

Moe Norman
30th March 2009, 08:38 PM
Pete & kids,

Terrible news, just speechless. I just told the mrs and she burst into tears even though she had never met you too! She had seen a few pics from our games at Bribie, CTH and Lakelands (where Ros slotted a big ball on 18 to nab the long drive for the say off me!).

Pete - look forward to reminscing about these great days with you at the next game we have. See you then.

Thommo

markTHEblake
30th March 2009, 08:53 PM
I love you Ros and will always remember your beautiful smile and feistiness. I promised you I will find you again one day and I will. It's not goodbye, it's see you later baby.

Pete, I take my hat off to you and Ros.

mikezone13
30th March 2009, 09:58 PM
Condolances all round mate, always sad when this disease strikes people down in their prime.

Just remember one thing, relive the good times and have a cry, but never never get angry about what has happened.

Best wishes to you and the family.

mz13

damoocow
30th March 2009, 11:47 PM
I'm sure we could incorporate something into the Champs as well ... we've managed it for other OzGolf legends that have recently passed :(

sad news indeed Pete, best of luck to you and family in the future......something to remember Ros in the Champs would be a great idea

oncewasagolfer
31st March 2009, 12:13 AM
Condolences to you and your family Pete. I dont know you and never had a chance to meet Ros but I am truly saddened by your loss.

Coffs_Hacker
31st March 2009, 07:33 AM
Very sorry to hear. Its a stupid disease that should have more effort done in finding a cure for. Have lost many family and friends to this. Hope one day nobody will will have to go through what you guys have had to.

Flowergirl
31st March 2009, 07:35 AM
Oh Pete - I am so sad to hear your tragic news. I had the pleasure to play with Ros at the Champs and she was a fierce player - but so generous. Many women who are good players have this "I'm so superior attitude" but your Ros was gracious and very supportive and humble.

May your take comfort in your memories of such a fine person.

cazandpaul
31st March 2009, 07:02 PM
Really sorry to hear of your loss mate.

Caz and Paul