PDA

View Full Version : I SNAPPED MY R7 TP :( :( :(

andylo
21st December 2004, 11:04 PM
Yes... maybe even X-stiff is not strong enough for me ;)

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Was practising in LGC with Keza_G and Kee and it just snapped. I didn't hit the gound nor doing anything bad :cry:

I am the saddest chinese in southside Brisbane at the moment. :cry:

It breaks just above the hosel of the head so I wish it will cover by the warranty.

Dunno what else to say... still feel about it

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

McMw
21st December 2004, 11:05 PM
you may not have hit the ground at the time it snapped...what abt before???

andylo
21st December 2004, 11:06 PM

NEVER!! Com'on I am a 27 capper but I am not a chopper with driver ;)

Jarro
21st December 2004, 11:11 PM

i told you not to hit it off the deck at Hope Island [-X

sorry to hear the bad news mate :cry:

Trung
21st December 2004, 11:12 PM
Doh.. bad luck mate.... Where is the SMT? still in the shed?

andylo
21st December 2004, 11:13 PM
I am pretty sure I just skim thru the ball and above the ground....

well.... come to think of it I understand what they mean the head goes further than the ball ;)

:cry:

i told you not to hit it off the deck at Hope Island [-X

sorry to hear the bad news mate :cry:

McMw
21st December 2004, 11:23 PM
well....if the hosel didn't break...just put in a new shaft...something that works for you perhaps???
here's your chance to get onto a launch monitor and discover a whole new world...

not sure what the old shaft was (OEM spec?) and I don't know what TM will say (warranty) if it's been reshafted before...

andylo
22nd December 2004, 12:23 AM
Dunno if UST have the warranty thu. I think I snapped the right place.

Jarro
22nd December 2004, 06:16 AM
like Mau said A-Lo..... go and get on a launch monitor and get fitted for the right shaft for you, now's the perfect chance :wink:

Eag's
22nd December 2004, 06:32 AM
Damn what a bummer Andylo :(

andylo
22nd December 2004, 08:46 AM
Where is Brisbane got a launchy?

like Mau said A-Lo..... go and get on a launch monitor and get fitted for the right shaft for you, now's the perfect chance :wink:

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 08:54 AM
Yes... maybe even X-stiff is not strong enough for me ;)

I would think that the X-Stiff would be more likely to snap, as it wouldn't have the same amount of give as a reg. But what would I know about these things. :?

Where is Brisbane got a launchy?
GCI?
Chris McCourt at Keperra has one, doesn't he?

McMw
22nd December 2004, 10:34 AM
Dunno if UST have the warranty thu. I think I snapped the right place.

don't think it's the shaft manufacturer that will carry out the warranty tho...

Fishman Dan
22nd December 2004, 10:41 AM
If you've got ball-marks all over places where they shouldn't be (i.e. not the clubface), i think you're taking a stroll up Struggle St.

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 11:55 AM
If you've got ball-marks all over places where they shouldn't be (i.e. not the clubface), i think you're taking a stroll up Struggle St.
Is that any where near Drury Lane? :wink:

BrisVegas
22nd December 2004, 12:35 PM

Agreed. In fact, when rok (Paul) had the head fly off his driver (bought off jarro) and took it back to GCI, they still denied any responsibilty. Paul had never abused the club and had not ever missed the face. GCI shafted it prior to the thing breaking, but claimed that it must have been abused somehow for the shaft to snap at the hosel.

The only time I've ever heard of a club being repaired by a manuafacturer was when the actual face cracked. This was years ago on a Callaway Big Bertha.

andylo
22nd December 2004, 01:43 PM
Well the club still in very good condition and the only mark in got is either the little bit on the club face, or those normal wear mark on the sole.

So don't think I smack it to the ball on the back of the club ;)

Agreed. In fact, when rok (Paul) had the head fly off his driver (bought off jarro) and took it back to GCI, they still denied any responsibilty. Paul had never abused the club and had not ever missed the face. GCI shafted it prior to the thing breaking, but claimed that it must have been abused somehow for the shaft to snap at the hosel.

The only time I've ever heard of a club being repaired by a manuafacturer was when the actual face cracked. This was years ago on a Callaway Big Bertha.

Flowergirl
22nd December 2004, 01:44 PM
I sure am glad that you had a witness or two when it snapped Andylo cos otherwise I would think it was deliberate attempt to be able to get out and ho some new equipment. :wink:
Good luck with getting a replacement

McMw
22nd December 2004, 01:55 PM
again, I really doubt you'll be able to get a wrty repair on it...esp after a reshaft...

send it to Ben...put in a NV something... :wink:

Fishman Dan
22nd December 2004, 02:09 PM
send it to Ben...put in a NV something... :wink:

Hold off re-shafting - get used to using your 3-Wood off the tee for better control, and only re-shaft this club once you are hitting fairways.

Now is the time to take the positives from the negatives A-Ho ;)

McMw
22nd December 2004, 02:55 PM
Hold off re-shafting - get used to using your 3-Wood off the tee for better control, and only re-shaft this club once you are hitting fairways.

like he's really gonna do that... :roll: :lol:

markTHEblake
22nd December 2004, 04:37 PM
Andy, the shaft broke because it had a flaw in it - whether that be from damage or manufacture. It wouldnt matter where on the clubface you have been hitting it, you wouldnt be able to break it.

Usually if the club has been abused you can tell by looking closely at it - call it forensics if you like :-)

Take it back where you bought it, and good thing it broke now you can get a proper shaft, X stiff is far too strong for you.

AndyP
22nd December 2004, 04:39 PM
Take it back where you bought it, and good thing it broke now you can get a proper shaft, X stiff is far too strong for you.
Ummmm, he bought it from nudgee, who probably got it from who knows where. :-s

3oneday
22nd December 2004, 05:04 PM
Aloho,

Have you contacted the seller to see whether he will help you ?? As offered last night http://www.accuflexgolf.com/shafts/cas.asp

Let me know, postage is $12, your only cost, stiff shaft, virgin.

Pete

Keza_G
22nd December 2004, 05:38 PM
Aloho,

Have you contacted the seller to see whether he will help you ?? As offered last night http://www.accuflexgolf.com/shafts/cas.asp

Let me know, postage is $12, your only cost, stiff shaft, virgin.

Pete

I'm going to see Tony C at Long Drivers in Caloundra on Friday... let me know and I can save you the postage...

Cheers

Keza

andylo
22nd December 2004, 09:41 PM
Settle guys... nudgee is currently helping out... he's finding out what he can do for me so it's ok ;)

Well...if Nudgee won't replace it for free.....GO THE KNUCKLE ! :smt062

Keri, might need your help to get the shaft for me I guess. If nudgee able to do something then I might just send it to Pete by myself :) Thanks in advance thu :D

Onewood
22nd December 2004, 09:42 PM
Belt him anyway Andylo :lol:

damoocow
22nd December 2004, 11:39 PM

seems to me like a big black cross here for GCI - no matter about all the positive things I have heard about them , after hearing this they are shonks in my book - you only get one chance in damoocowland.

damoocow

nudgee
23rd December 2004, 07:37 AM
Hmmmmm checked with UST about shaft warranty and they said because it was not factory fitted that there is no warranty. UNfortuntaley I think this is their standard response and as I dont know anyone at UST it may be very hard to convince them otherwise :cry: .

Also TM indicated that the problem is with the shaft and it is not factory fitted one so no chance of a swap. The head came from a good contact in the US and the shaft came locally courtesy of a PGA pro player who had not used the shaft at all and was in his R7.

All installed by Chris McCourt at Keperra who is the most anal pedantic installers I have came across so I am sure he would not have damaged it.

Andylo I am stuck for ideas and I dont even have a shaft lying around to give to you. I will have a chat to my pro friend and see if he has anything lying around.

And for those out there that want to linch me BRING IT ON

davidp
23rd December 2004, 08:22 AM

Nudgee, I don't think there's anyone who wants to lynch you. It's just one of those things that happens. There's not a lot you can do. 8)

goughy
23rd December 2004, 09:39 AM

I've seen you nudgee so I can guarantee you I won't be bringing anything on :oops:

To those of you who haven't met him and want to bring it on, don't forget to check your dental plan, and one of those pensioner medical braclets with all your relevant details (blood type, alergies, current medications etc) would be handy to have. :wink:

AndyP
23rd December 2004, 09:46 AM

Found your trouble maker, nudgee. :wink:

Well...if Nudgee won't replace it for free.....GO THE KNUCKLE ! :smt062

Now smash him good! :smt081
:smt021 :smt062

3oneday
23rd December 2004, 10:22 AM
To those of you who haven't met him and want to bring it on, don't forget to check your dental plan, and one of those pensioner medical braclets with all your relevant details (blood type, alergies, current medications etc) would be handy to have. :wink:oh please, a driver to the back of the head when he aint looking would bring him down :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, Andy has a shaft coming, new release from http://www.accuflexgolf.com/shafts/cas.asp

Pete

Ducky
23rd December 2004, 10:43 AM
*rings bell*

:D

Kind regards,

Ben (Ducky).

McMw
23rd December 2004, 11:00 AM
surely someone has a spare reg shaft lying around??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

andylo
23rd December 2004, 11:04 AM
Guys please be fair to nudgee. He is a good man and he still trying to help out even after contact a people. It's ok to joking about me who snapped it but PLEASE don't drag him into it.

Thank you ;)

3oneday
23rd December 2004, 11:47 AM
Guys please be fair to nudgee. He is a good man and he still trying to help out even after contact a people. It's ok to joking about me who snapped it but PLEASE don't drag him into it.

Thank you ;)aloho, a common pasttime called "stirring", don't stress.

Pete

nudgee
24th December 2004, 01:36 PM
Just in case people I was kidding with the "bring it on" comment only joking

As for you G69 - you know I have nothing but love for ya. I will show you when we catch up at Ocean Shores :wink: - I will show ya how much of a fairy I am. Hmmm I can feel another shaft snapping!!

Andy is there a shaft coming your way?? I am still chasing a spare shaft from my pro mate.

J

andylo
24th December 2004, 01:39 PM
Nudgee I would way perfer the spare one from your Pro mate ;)

Just in case people I was kidding with the "bring it on" comment only joking

As for you G69 - you know I have nothing but love for ya. I will show you when we catch up at Ocean Shores :wink: - I will show ya how much of a fairy I am. Hmmm I can feel another shaft snapping!!

Andy is there a shaft coming your way?? I am still chasing a spare shaft from my pro mate.

J

markTHEblake
24th December 2004, 02:58 PM
I will show ya how much of a fairy I am. Hmmm I can feel another shaft snapping!!

looks like G69 better keep his back to the wall then.