26th March 2009, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc60i5bJfJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnhWNKpkdc

3oneday
26th March 2009, 08:53 PM
Best 2 seconds of my life !

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 08:57 PM
i take back what i said last night., no way do i swing that good, but at least i have hair.

Jono
26th March 2009, 08:59 PM
Were you hitting your Topflites?

Iain
26th March 2009, 09:03 PM
Why isn't it going left??

Courty
26th March 2009, 09:04 PM
Fore left!

;)

dc68
26th March 2009, 09:07 PM
Where was the hook?

Did it happen once the ball got out of the light?

Jono
26th March 2009, 09:07 PM
Too much lag ...

;)

Jono
26th March 2009, 09:09 PM
Best 2 seconds of my life !

Actually, your swing was over in half a second. You were just posing for the other 1.5 ... :roll:

:lol:

3oneday
26th March 2009, 09:10 PM
Were you hitting your Topflites?who would know, it was May last year ! :lol:

haysey
26th March 2009, 09:11 PM
Jeez, I had a picture in my head of what the "hofather" looked like.

I wasn't even close.....:mrgreen:

Toolish
26th March 2009, 09:52 PM
Would love to see a fornt on. From that angle it apears you never really got to both arms straight...can't imagine the 30 deg right divot from that.

adlo
26th March 2009, 09:53 PM

I concur.

virge666
26th March 2009, 10:01 PM
Would love to see a fornt on. From that angle it apears you never really got to both arms straight...can't imagine the 30 deg right divot from that.

I agree - that is a cut swing.

Jono
26th March 2009, 10:37 PM
I couldn't resist. I have to draw some lines. :razz:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8445/3hands.jpg

Notice how 3oneday's hands are at the same height both at address and impact. Also, his shaft angles are the same. Not many people can do this, even pros. Ben Hogan, Lee Trevino, and Moe Norman come to mind ... So it baffles me, Mr and 3duckhooksinoneday, as to why your shots are so crooked ... :-k

kwantfm
26th March 2009, 10:58 PM
Notice how 3oneday's hands are at the same height both at address and impact. Also, his shaft angles are the same. Not many people can do this, even pros. Ben Hogan, Lee Trevino, and Moe Norman come to mind ... So it baffles me, Mr and 3duckhooksinoneday, as to why your shots are so crooked ... :-k

Agreed... 3's ability to get the shaft back to its address plane at impact is amazing. He's also got an incredibly steady head position throughout the swing.

Driver swing posted by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnhWNKpkdc

razaar
27th March 2009, 06:22 AM
A swing that will last into old age. Love it.

Scottt
27th March 2009, 07:10 AM
Assorted experts,

How is 3's weight transfer. My extremely uneducated eyes think they can see more weight than is ideal on his right foot at impact and are thinking that might be tied to the massive hooks.

As I said, I truly don't know s**t about the golf swing, so I'm probably wrong.

3oneday
27th March 2009, 07:15 AM
I need to save this link to my favourites, it's amazing that I keep tinkering when I had one that did the job (mostly).

Crooked is from head space issues...

Thanks T, I hit 100 pills this morning with that vid in my head 8)

3oneday
27th March 2009, 07:16 AM
I agree - that is a cut swing.very active hands, my cut swing is my slight draw :)

razaar
27th March 2009, 08:02 AM
Assorted experts,

How is 3's weight transfer. My extremely uneducated eyes think they can see more weight than is ideal on his right foot at impact and are thinking that might be tied to the massive hooks.

As I said, I truly don't know s**t about the golf swing, so I'm probably wrong.
Not at all. This feature in 3's swing prevents the right side from coming in too early. The right foot only comes up when pulled up by the uncoiling of the left side around the centre. Not everybody can do it but it is a feature in many advanced swings. IMO this swing is what I call a "togetherness swing" where the hip turn and arm swing are very much together, in sync; this type of swing promotes a draw shape. The other swing type I call the "separation swing" where the hips turn very quickly and the arms go straight ahead; this swing promotes a fade, the spinning hips dragging the clubface ever so slightly across the ball. 3's swing needs to have the ball back a bit in the stance, even with the driver, and keep the left side coiling around the centre to the finish. Any thing or thought that interferes with the uncoiling flow will result in a hook; as will a set up where the trunk is too upright or to the left. The trunk has to tilt to the right.:)

sms316
27th March 2009, 08:12 AM

I thought that was him in his avatar?
:shock:

Toolish
27th March 2009, 08:17 AM
I couldn't resist. I have to draw some lines. :razz:

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8445/3hands.jpg

Is that really something to aim for. To me it appears the left wrist isn't really uncocking through the ball....

Would love to see one of your hooks swings to see how things change.

virge666
27th March 2009, 08:38 AM
Notice how 3oneday's hands are at the same height both at address and impact. Also, his shaft angles are the same. Not many people can do this, even pros. Ben Hogan, Lee Trevino, and Moe Norman come to mind ... So it baffles me, Mr and 3duckhooksinoneday, as to why your shots are so crooked ...

Geez you come up with some weird crap at times . . . he comes back to the same position as nothing else moves. :shock:

He hits hooks because his body stops moving. he is completely reliant on his hands keeping the club face open to stop it going left. If 3 releases correctly or gets out of sync - it is going way left.

See photo - without lines to see what is pretty standard stuff.

3 you need to get that right shoulder to the target earlier. And stop that BS pose - cause your follow through is rubbish. :) If you are interest - i can describe some drills.

EDIT: It seems that Scott and Toolish has picked the problem, IMHO, Raz and Jono have missed it completely. Raz is unusually off the mark and Jono is looking at something a little left field.

Toolish - just remember if his body was releasing the club head - his hands could still look like this. 3 is doing neither.

Scottt
27th March 2009, 08:51 AM
That is the exact fram I was going to post, Virge. I pressed pause to answer the phone, came back and it was staring at me.

Just like what you told me about getting my right hip and shoulder over my left foot

virge666
27th March 2009, 08:54 AM
Just like what you told me about getting my right hip and shoulder over my left foot

On the money mate - not bad for a pom. :)

Scottt
27th March 2009, 08:58 AM
What can I say Virge? You talk, I listen, I do, I improve. Easy!

The other question I have for 3 is whether he hit the range cart with the iron shot. It sure looked like it was going to!

Jarro
27th March 2009, 09:01 AM
I wanna know how you can hit a ball without moving your feet ? :-s

3oneday
27th March 2009, 09:04 AM
Gee, so no one noticed my feet moving ? :roll:

If my hands are faster than my body then yes, that's where the hooks come in. Nothing new there ;)

In that month my sole focus was to keep my left arm straight. Doing this keeps the hooks to a minimum but places stress on my left shoulder. Although hitting lots of balls does keep that shoulder loose, which is good.

The only movement I try to minimise is when I get to the top, and start my downswing with a "lunge" of the hips. This drops the club inside and is where the 30 yards right divot comes from.

My Pro does this move for me embarrassingly well :lol: (I am sure I blush everytime he imitates my swing).

So Virge, yes, the right shoulder thing is something that I am aware of, and have been for some time :). Sadly, my hands get more active whenever I put myself under pressure.

3oneday
27th March 2009, 09:10 AM
I wanna know how you can hit a ball without moving your feet ? :-s

they move :confused: I can see them :)

Anyway, playing a 1/4 final matchplay tomorrow against our club champ, not reading anymore today ;)

markTHEblake
27th March 2009, 09:46 AM
Is that a UFO in the right frame?

Eag's
27th March 2009, 11:56 AM
Looks good Pete but your right foot at impact looks a lot like Kenny Perry at the same position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRhg5ZfRM4
If your hips slide rather than turn, I can see why you would hit big hooks (a problem I have myself) with the club coming from way inside out.

virge666
27th March 2009, 12:17 PM
Looks good Pete but your right foot at impact looks a lot like Kenny Perry at the same position. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWRhg5ZfRM4
If your hips slide rather than turn, I can see why you would hit big hooks (a problem I have myself) with the club coming from way inside out.

Sorry Eags - but the only similarity is that they both have their right foot on the ground.

Shoulder angles are different, hips are different and the leg action is totally different.

You cannot really compare the two.

3oneday
27th March 2009, 12:27 PM
I know I said I wouldn't read it but.... :)

Eags,

When I slowed these pics down back in May I found a layoff. It happened right at the top. I would freeze the swing at the top and in the next frame it would drop down about a half a foot or so.

My issues over the past 2 or 3 years have been a real hate of my draw/hook. I can't aim right because I fear a block, I can't aim left because I can't hit a fade. Ultimately, my swing has been the same for years and years. Sometimes it just gets too fast to keep everything in sync, but for some reason I put that down to anxiety, I simply make it mean too much !!!

I shot 4 over Satdy just gone hitting 10 greens and having 31 putts, mainly because I aimed right and trusted it would come back. As soon as I try and hit shots I can't play I take bogey or worse. I guess there comes a time when you say enough !

I'm hitting balls 3 days a week now and having a lesson once a month. He checks that I am doing the right thing for half an hour (so I'm not practising the wrong things) and I keep going.

The one change I felt I had to make was with my driver. The lower the loft I use the higher I try and hit it, the more I kick my body at the ball trying to make loft. I've been using 10.5 for a few weeks now and a lot of my "drive the hips at the ball" type swings are slowly disappearing.

I might meet up with T again soon and throw on this years swing, just to see if it has changed much.

3oneday
27th March 2009, 12:29 PM
What about the conception of your kids ?there is no video record ;)

virge666
27th March 2009, 12:30 PM
I'm hitting balls 3 days a week now and having a lesson once a month. He checks that I am doing the right thing for half an hour (so I'm not practising the wrong things) and I keep going.

:smt038

gazgolf1
27th March 2009, 01:02 PM
looks very one plane to me.

Eag's
27th March 2009, 01:10 PM
Sorry Eags - but the only similarity is that they both have their right foot on the ground.

Yep, that is the only similarity I was referring to.

mike
27th March 2009, 01:38 PM
pfft.

Is THAT what you look like ?

mike
27th March 2009, 01:39 PM
BTW, very very nice swing.

Jono
27th March 2009, 01:39 PM
Geez you come up with some weird crap at times . . . he comes back to the same position as nothing else moves. :shock:

He hits hooks because his body stops moving. he is completely reliant on his hands keeping the club face open to stop it going left. If 3 releases correctly or gets out of sync - it is going way left.

See photo - without lines to see what is pretty standard stuff.

3 you need to get that right shoulder to the target earlier. And stop that BS pose - cause your follow through is rubbish. :) If you are interest - i can describe some drills.

EDIT: It seems that Scott and Toolish has picked the problem, IMHO, Raz and Jono have missed it completely. Raz is unusually off the mark and Jono is looking at something a little left field.

Toolish - just remember if his body was releasing the club head - his hands could still look like this. 3 is doing neither.

Virge, again you find yourself delving into the question of cause and effect. Stay away from it.

Yes, I know 3 oneday's hips stall. However, his swing can still work. In the 2 sequences that he posted, his club is on plane. He gets his hands and club back into a good position at impact. And no, I don't agree that it's because nothing else moves. I've seen many swings where the body doesn't move and the hands/club get into a very different position at impact.

My advice to 3 oneday is NOT to focus on firing the right shoulder or other parts of his body. I wish he would for our matchplay game as it's sure to f*** him up ... :wink:

3oneday should just practice the feeling of swinging on plane and letting the body follow. When he hits his duck hooks, he tends to do extra things with his body like dropping his right shoulder. Just keep a good posture and height and swing on plane. Let the body follow.

virge666
27th March 2009, 02:02 PM
In the 2 sequences that he posted, his club is on plane.

The club releases out of the middle of his back and you are telling me it is on plane !!

:smt087

Sorry 3 - I know it is an old swing - but this is fun ;)

3oneday
27th March 2009, 02:05 PM
I haven't seen a debate worth reading for ages... continue :lol:

PS, my hook fires up nicely the harder I try and hit it ;)

Jono
27th March 2009, 04:28 PM
The club releases out of the middle of his back and you are telling me it is on plane !!

:smt087

What's that got to do with it?

In my book, this is on plane. For TGMers, 3oneday employs double shift. Elbow plane to Turned Shoulder Plane, and then back to Elbow Plane through impact.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/6057/3downthru.jpg

3oneday
27th March 2009, 06:19 PM
****, lucky I don't actually think about doing that ! :shock:

Courty
27th March 2009, 06:32 PM
A swing that will last into old age. Love it.

:shock: He's not there yet?

;)

zigwah
27th March 2009, 06:48 PM
looks to me you are a little hunched and your swing is a little flat, if not just tell me i know **** all and i'll move along :)

3oneday
27th March 2009, 06:53 PM
looks to me you are a little hunched and your swing is a little flat, if not just tell me i know **** all and i'll move along :)some due to body shape, but I would say a little flat in that image yes.

Scottt
27th March 2009, 07:20 PM
To be fair to those sledging 3s appearance, in person he looks deadset 15 years younger. It's not a fair representation.

Jarro
27th March 2009, 07:23 PM
To be fair to those sledging 3s appearance, in person he looks deadset 15 years younger. It's not a fair representation.

Is that what you tell all the guys you wanna root :roll:

He looks 50+ no wuckers.

3oneday
27th March 2009, 07:23 PM
Ozgolf has made me grey and balding ;)

adlo
27th March 2009, 07:25 PM
I have no comment regarding swing mechanics, because I know bugger all, but I love the tempo of that swing.

zigwah
27th March 2009, 07:34 PM
Is that what you tell all the guys you wanna root :roll:

He looks 50+ no wuckers.

GOLD :smt038:smt038:smt038:smt023

Scottt
27th March 2009, 08:19 PM
Yep, Grade A steady Eddie material. Why am I not surprised that Zig is amused?

zigwah
27th March 2009, 08:25 PM
C'mon that was a little funny dude

zigwah
27th March 2009, 08:28 PM
you might be surprised, i am quite knowledgable,tho i may not seem it sometimes, pull that stick out of your clacker brother, see how it feels :) You sit down to take a crap just like i do.

Dude you are my enabler after i've had a couple of bourbons

Iain
27th March 2009, 08:35 PM
Is it only a couple of Bourbons.....??

zigwah
27th March 2009, 08:36 PM
well, that much off it.

virge666
28th March 2009, 03:51 PM
What's that got to do with it?

The guy has divots going 30 degrees to the right and your telling him that he is perfectly on plane !!

How about we tell Pete that he is 6'4" and has a full head of hair.

3oneday
28th March 2009, 04:04 PM
How about we tell Pete that he is 6'4" and has a full head of hair.now you're talking :lol:

Iain
28th March 2009, 05:44 PM
How'd that Matchplay go?? Have any swing thoughts running around your head?!!

kwantfm
28th March 2009, 07:35 PM
This is my take on 3's swing. My main concern is that he drops his hands and flattens the shaft so aggressively during the transition that he can never recover. The videos I posted showed the swings that produced good results... but my sense is that these good results were a product of compensation by 3's hands.

The attached still shots show what I think is the main problem. Getting so flat and lagged means that the clubhead stays behind 3's hands for way too long. I've looked at a lot of pro's swings in slow motion and all of the great strikers have the clubhead in line with the hands (when looking from down the line) when the club shaft is parallel to the ground.

You can see that 3's clubhead is lagged well behind his hands. To recover I think that he has to flip his hands/wrists. If he doesn't flip he gets 30 degrees right divots. If he flips just right you get the results in the videos I have posted. If he flips too much then he gets the big duck hook that we have heard so much about.

The problem gets worse as the club gets longer. Hence 3 has been keener on switching drivers than switching irons.

I've posted Chip Beck's downswing for purposes of comparison.

T

kwantfm
28th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Added a picture of the great man himself.

Virge, Razaar... do you agree? How does 3 fix this? Virge's casting suggestion?

razaar
28th March 2009, 08:23 PM
I am not quite sure what the issue is here...what does the ball do in flight?

virge666
28th March 2009, 08:29 PM
Virge, Razaar... do you agree? How does 3 fix this? Virge's casting suggestion?

Sorry K, I do not. i really like 3's swing. he can drop it inside as much as he likes because he keeps the clubface square on the downswing. This is pure Hogan and I LOVE it.

I do not like the body action because of a bunch of reasons. The main one being that it doesn't work under pressure and the bad shot is not just a "bit" left - it is violently left.

Hang 5 - I will do a vid to explain.

kwantfm
28th March 2009, 09:12 PM
Sorry K, I do not. i really like 3's swing. he can drop it inside as much as he likes because he keeps the clubface square on the downswing. This is pure Hogan and I LOVE it.

I do not like the body action because of a bunch of reasons. The main one being that it doesn't work under pressure and the bad shot is not just a "bit" left - it is violently left.

Hang 5 - I will do a vid to explain.

That's cool. Can you please let me know who on tour drops it inside a lot on the downswing? I'd love to check it out on SwingVision.

virge666
28th March 2009, 09:31 PM
That's cool. Can you please let me know who on tour drops it inside a lot on the downswing? I'd love to check it out on SwingVision.

All the right sided guys do. And some of the left sided guys do as well. But the best one for it is Hogan.

As long as you keep the clubface square you don't get into any trouble as you then use your body to square the clubface. Where you get into trouble is when you try to rotate the clubface with your hands instead of your body.

ie: Modern swing is to use your body to square the clubface. The older style swing uses the hands to square the clubface. (as in the term "That player has good hands")

3 has both :smt087

Anyone who want to see a sensational backswing and my idea of a power move to start the downswing - look no further, his is AWESOME. the load / lag / store-up on the downswing is just wonderful, he then throws most of it away at impact.

IMHO - half of a really good swing. :twisted:

Enjoy

http://happybandits.com/virge/Virge/3RSS.wmv

kwantfm
28th March 2009, 09:33 PM
Anyone who want to see a sensational backswing and my idea of a power move to start the downswing - look no further, his is AWESOME.

Agreed... I think I referred to the backswing as "a thing of beauty" in another thread.

kwantfm
28th March 2009, 09:42 PM

I think this video is gold.

virge666
28th March 2009, 09:42 PM
Agreed... I think I referred to the backswing as "a thing of beauty" in another thread.

+1. Just so much power to burn for a short, fat bastard.

I was not expecting anything near that good.

Iain
28th March 2009, 10:15 PM

Agreed!! Great work Virge....

Jono
28th March 2009, 10:16 PM
The guy has divots going 30 degrees to the right and your telling him that he is perfectly on plane !!

How about we tell Pete that he is 6'4" and has a full head of hair.

Divots aren't going 30 degrees right in those swing clips.

Iain
28th March 2009, 10:23 PM
Divots aren't going 30 degrees right in those swing clips.

But I don't think they are typical of his normal shots are they?? They are the good ones....

virge666
28th March 2009, 10:28 PM
But I don't think they are typical of his normal shots are they?? They are the good ones....

Exactly - you look at his swing and try and figure out what could cause the problems he has been having. The follow through is rubbish and a big sign to say that he is holding the club open through impact to stop it hooking.

You don't just look at one decent swing and ignore whatever the player has asked. :shock:

Jono
28th March 2009, 10:31 PM

First time I played with Pete, he hit almost 100% fairways at Carnarvon, which is a tight tree lined course. I think his "normal" swing is fine. It's when he gets a bit quick and starts getting out of sync that he gets into trouble. I think 3oneday will do well to read Ernest Jones stuff. Let his hands lead and body follow. Swing the clubhead.

gazgolf1
29th March 2009, 07:44 AM

I agree nice analysis Virge. I think the word you were searching for for 3's left elbow is chicken-wing.

3oneday
29th March 2009, 10:48 AM
How'd that Matchplay go?? Have any swing thoughts running around your head?!!
yeah, no ****ing idea how I wanted to hit the ball for the first 12 holes, was 6 down after 11 !! and got beaten 3/2 :(

3oneday
29th March 2009, 11:05 AM

Thanks for this, I need some quite time to concentrate... (plus my volume wasn't working for the first half of it.)

8)

razaar
29th March 2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks for this, I need some quite time to concentrate... (plus my volume wasn't working for the first half of it.)

8)
I couldn't pick up the sound on Virge's video either, but after looking at the sequences 3 is starting to lose his centre coming into the ball and has lost it at contact. IMO his left shoulder fails to separate from his chin at the start of the downswing, pulling his head with it when it moves back to the left. If anything the head should move slightly rightwards at the change of direction to keep its centre as everything else moves left.

virge666
29th March 2009, 02:35 PM
I couldn't pick up the sound on Virge's video either, but after looking at the sequences 3 is starting to lose his centerer coming into the ball and has lost it at contact. IMO his left shoulder fails to separate from his chin at the start of the downswing, pulling his head with it when it moves back to the left. If anything the head should move slightly rightwards at the change of direction to keep its centre as everything else moves left.

Exactly !

Which leads to a huge cut across the ball and the chicken wing !

Anyone struggling with sound - download this.

http://www.divx.com/

Free download and no spyware.

I think 3oneday will do well to read Ernest Jones stuff. Let his hands lead and body follow. Swing the clubhead.

Is he this weeks swing specialist ? What happened to the Pensioner who hits it 400 yards ?

Peter
29th March 2009, 05:32 PM
Virge,

How do you explain the divots that point way right? Is this caused by the body not turning through impact?

Having watched the vid I think I get into some very similar positions to 3oneday, and fight the same hook. Are there any drills to fix this other than hitting 1/2 shots and trying to maintain the angle in the right wrist?

virge666
29th March 2009, 08:40 PM
How do you explain the divots that point way right? Is this caused by the body not turning through impact?

Having watched the vid I think I get into some very similar positions to 3oneday, and fight the same hook. Are there any drills to fix this other than hitting 1/2 shots and trying to maintain the angle in the right wrist?

It would be leg action that causes the huge divots right. The legs and hip lunge like a bastard on the downswing and he goes "under" the plane causing the divot right.

As for drills, it is more an understanding of the release. What you are doing is the downswing with your arms and rotating your body through impact SQUARING THE CLUB WITH YOUR BODY ROTATION.

So you want to keep the right wrist angle by using your pivot rotation.

That's the kicker !

zigwah
29th March 2009, 08:50 PM
Loving these posts guys awasome stuff, better than watching a dvd! :)

henno
29th March 2009, 08:57 PM
Anyone struggling with sound - download this.

http://www.divx.com/

Free download and no spyware.

http://www.xvid.org/ :-"

Free (as in "freedom") as well as free (as in "free beer").

Jono
29th March 2009, 09:52 PM
Is he this weeks swing specialist ? What happened to the Pensioner who hits it 400 yards ?

I've been using Jones' principles for many years. You might want to give it a go. And if you are referring to Mike Austin, you'll find a lot of common ground between Jones and Austin. Both very hand driven swingers.

This is just my opinion, but if 3oneday starts trying to square the club up with his body whilst keeping the backswing and the first half of downswing the same, he's going to lose distance without any gain in accuracy.

virge666
29th March 2009, 09:59 PM
I've been using Jones' principles for many years. You might want to give it a go. And if you are referring to Mike Austin, you'll find a lot of common ground between Jones and Austin. Both very hand driven swingers.

What is the facination with golfers from the 1940's ?

This is just my opinion, but if 3oneday starts trying to square the club up with his body whilst keeping the backswing and the first half of downswing the same, he's going to lose distance without any gain in accuracy.

Please elaborate.

Jono
29th March 2009, 10:23 PM
What is the facination with golfers from the 1940's ?

I love the old timers swings. Both personal preference and for us not so athletically gifted and who don't have a lot of time to practice, I think the old timer swings are better suited than the so called modern swing. Less maintenance and more bang for your buck. JMO.

Please elaborate.

You are asking him to keep everything the same but just change his release. From half way down to impact is around 0.06 seconds. For him to try to consciously do something different that occurs in that kind of time frame, so late in the swing where things are moving fast, is counterproductive. Again, JMO.

TheNuclearOne
30th March 2009, 12:31 AM
One thing that no-one has picked up/commented on (as far as i know, but haven't fine tooth combed) due to the behind angle is that 3 has no axis tilt at all. It's almost as if his upper body falls/leans forward thru impact or certainly doesn't tilt. Compare his impact and especially post impact to Pamplings (In Virges excellent video) You can see Pamps tilting and staying more behind the ball. Possibly due to the active hands and not active enough body turn neccessitating this to avoid hooks Virge?

razaar
30th March 2009, 05:45 AM
Post #21 covers this.

virge666
30th March 2009, 08:09 AM
One thing that no-one has picked up/commented on (as far as i know, but haven't fine tooth combed) due to the behind angle is that 3 has no axis tilt at all.

he does have some tilt as you can see by his bent right arm. It ain't a lot - but it is fine. Pamps uses his right arm a little differently and stays a bit more compact.

Here is the Question though...

What happens when he has MORE right wrist angle through impact ?
What will change in his body if he keeps more wrist angle for longer ?

virge666
30th March 2009, 08:15 AM
I think the old timer swings are better suited than the so called modern swing. Less maintenance and more bang for your buck. JMO.

Interesting, I like the modern swing for EXACTLY the same reason. :lol:

For him to try to consciously do something different that occurs in that kind of time frame, so late in the swing where things are moving fast, is counterproductive. Again, JMO.

Funny - I thought I said to do pitch shots and 1/2 swings to get the Right side moving through the ball, not to try and change your full swing consciously.

Must be reading different posts again . . . ;)

Jono
30th March 2009, 08:22 AM
Funny - I thought I said to do pitch shots and 1/2 swings to get the Right side moving through the ball, not to try and change your full swing consciously.

Must be reading different posts again . . . ;)

I don't think 1/2 swings and pitch shots will change his full swing in any significant manner.

3oneday
30th March 2009, 08:34 AM
It's so nice to have you boys arguing again :)

Now, what I really need is a good shrink, anyone help me there ?

Sydney Hacker
30th March 2009, 08:44 AM
It's so nice to have you boys arguing again :)

Now, what I really need is a good shrink, anyone help me there ?

Dr Marvin Monroe...

TheNuclearOne
30th March 2009, 09:30 AM
he does have some tilt as you can see by his bent right arm. It ain't a lot - but it is fine. Pamps uses his right arm a little differently and stays a bit more compact.

Here is the Question though...

What happens when he has MORE right wrist angle through impact ?
What will change in his body if he keeps more wrist angle for longer ?

No worries, cheers Virge.

His right shoulder will drive down lower and get more forward and his body angles at impact will be more open. Hence a "squat etc". Should also get some excellent tilt :)

3oneday
30th March 2009, 09:33 AM
Dr Marvin Monroe...nasty :p

Although I had to google to find out who the hell that was :lol:

virge666
30th March 2009, 09:40 AM
His right shoulder will drive down lower and get more forward and his body angles at impact will be more open. Hence a "squat etc". Should also get some excellent tilt :)

Exactly - he will maintain lag/storeup into impact and in doing so his right side will not stop on the downswing but continue around towards the target.

What does this do ?

He keeps the hands in front of the ball at impact, this stops the hooks, and lowers the loft on the club when it hits the ball.

More Distance, less effort, no pressure on the lower back and no snap hooks and huge blocks.

Under pressure - he doesn't have to rely on timing to hit the ball straight.

As i said - top swing - needs a pivot.

Sydney Hacker
30th March 2009, 09:52 AM
nasty :p

Although I had to google to find out who the hell that was :lol:

http://z.hubpages.com/u/329926_f260.jpg

He will have all your problems sorted quick as :)

3oneday
30th March 2009, 10:00 AM
Virge,

Pleased I didn't go the range this morning, I finally watched and listened to your vid. Very nice well, mostly :). You were right, and folks who have played with me will know, I hate my hook with a passion. But I would have never guessed my right wrist angle to have anything to do with it :shock:. I did always think my bad shots came from the left wrist "snapping" too quickly.

Anyway, I look forward to testing it out tomorrow morning.

PS, the shoulder is actually between the shoulder and the elbow, up high. Usually (in my opinion) caused by the 30 yard right divots because I couldn't rotate, I would just go up with that arm thus stressing it.

virge666
30th March 2009, 10:17 AM
PS, the shoulder is actually between the shoulder and the elbow, up high. Usually (in my opinion) caused by the 30 yard right divots because I couldn't rotate, I would just go up with that arm thus stressing it.

had the same problem - usually pulls a rib out as well.

Friggin hurts.

razaar
30th March 2009, 02:43 PM
T, is 3 your older brother?:-s

LarryLong
30th March 2009, 06:12 PM
After seeing 3's very good swing pulled apart like that, with liberal application of the word "sucks", I doubt that I'd ever be game to post my swing on here. :)

Very interesting viewing though. :smt023

virge666
30th March 2009, 09:20 PM
After seeing 3's very good swing pulled apart like that, with liberal application of the word "sucks", I doubt that I'd ever be game to post my swing on here. :)

That is because you are a complete pussy. ;)

And with half the crap I cop from 3, I thought I was being very, very nice.

Lastly, don't focus on the negatives - it is all about the positives.

Man Up. :)

zigwah
30th March 2009, 09:29 PM
I don't mind being told my swing is rubbish. I started my thread to better my golf swing, it's still rubbish, but with hard work, persistence and a lot of **** this, it will be better from honesty.

Just jump in, the waters abit cold but you get used to it.

LarryLong
30th March 2009, 09:35 PM
:smt045

All very valid points there.

u8ergolfer
30th March 2009, 10:16 PM
Its the online o equivalent of going 'nude' i think.. lots of opinions on it though, some are on the money vis RSS others not quite so..

3's swing is commendably efficient IMHO, however he didn't post it for a gratuitous backslap from all, he wanted some serious advice, and direction for improvment.

firstly, 3, who is your model if you are on the right side? As Virge's vid said there is a lot of Pamps there, and I would agree too. Use him as your ref point whenever possible..

on the Backswing I'd like to see more lower movement and more of it out towards the ball, and Id like to see your club disecting the arms triangle a little more evenly than it does, it looks like it points to the left of the target more than necessary..needs to be going more straight up from parallel.

look at the shoulder angle of pamps at the top then yours and you'll notice the difference.

Id love to see a side on view of your swing, too, cause there's a few pieces that it will add to any critique. this view will tell you plenty about movement from the wall and back to it as well as any loss of the right side angle.

Your throughswing is very armsy..little mass movement happening and a bit of a wristflip through impact. big time anti hook movment, and loss of all those good angles you had created at the top.

my recall of GE RSS is that as well move the mass thru impact, the right hip and shoulder move as one, for me it seems to keep all the anlges I need in place..

razaar
31st March 2009, 03:46 AM
No worries, cheers Virge.

What is this "squat"? I for one would be very interested to get a clear definition of this word as it relates to the golf swing ..... how does one do it, what is its purpose, what does it achieve?

virge666
31st March 2009, 12:18 PM
What is this "squat"? I for one would be very interested to get a clear definition of this word as it relates to the golf swing ..... how does one do it, what is its purpose, what does it achieve?

I like where you are going with this . . . how about "sit down" and "second sit down" ...

razaar
31st March 2009, 02:47 PM
Actually I tend to think that the squat is the separation of the left knee from the right knee to the point before the left knee actually gets pulled behind and straightens, with the right knee following the left. There are things that happen in a golf swing that we can't see and others that deceive us. This particular move is common to all tour players; being the most efficient way to break the hold of the club head's inertia at the top increasing torsion and creating more potential energy to be converted in the downswing. This move isn't particularly quick because it is stopping the backswing in its tracks and changing the direction of the clubhead causing the shaft to bend. A squat is when both knees are apart, so there can only be one squat. Any thoughts...

Scottt
31st March 2009, 09:11 PM
Actually I tend to think that the squat is the separation of the left knee from the right knee to the point before the left knee actually gets pulled behind and straightens, with the right knee following the left. There are things that happen in a golf swing that we can't see and others that deceive us. This particular move is common to all tour players; being the most efficient way to break the hold of the club head's inertia at the top increasing torsion and creating more potential energy to be converted in the downswing. This move isn't particularly quick because it is stopping the backswing in its tracks and changing the direction of the clubhead causing the shaft to bend. A squat is when both knees are apart, so there can only be one squat. Any thoughts...

Is it true that instead of

Will you marry me?you said to your wife:

Darling, I have been thinking we should begin certain phases of our lives and it is certainly, in my mind, preferable that those steps be taken as one, and by that I don't refer to an expensive surgical proceedure physically joining us, but more a symbolic one whereby we become a joint legal entity, not overlooking the religeous significance of course, and I am certainly interested in taking this small circular band of the substance known on the periodic table as AU and placing it upon the second finger in from the outside of your left hand. Were I to do that, what do you imagine your feelings on the subject might be?:lol:

adlo
31st March 2009, 09:15 PM
Is it true that instead of.....

you said to your wife......

:mrgreen:

razaar
31st March 2009, 09:50 PM
WTF..your pregnant!!!!

kwantfm
1st April 2009, 09:17 AM
WTF..your pregnant!!!!

:)

virge666
3rd April 2009, 04:12 PM
you said to your wife:

One of your best Scott, one of your best !!

:smt038

Courty
3rd April 2009, 09:17 PM
This swing over-analysed yet?

Scottt
3rd April 2009, 09:24 PM
Depends, is he hitting hosel rockets yet? :lol:

kwantfm
4th April 2009, 07:23 PM
This swing over-analysed yet?

When he decides to give up the game then we'll know we've succeeded...

Courty
4th April 2009, 07:24 PM
When he decides to give up the game then we'll know we've succeeded...

:lol: I think there's a bit of work left yet, then. ;)

kwantfm
5th April 2009, 04:31 PM
:lol: I think there's a bit of work left yet, then. ;)

Perhaps it's time to start analysing his breathing from the video...

"3, I notice that you breathe in while shifting your weight to the right... perhaps you should try exhaling..."