PDA

View Full Version : 40 of the best golf swings on the planet

razaar
26th March 2009, 07:55 PM
http://www.pgatour.com/swingplex/02/00/98/index.html

Each player does it a little different, but are pretty much the same through impact.:)

Scottt
26th March 2009, 07:57 PM
I never tire of watching David Toms' golf swing.

zigwah
26th March 2009, 08:17 PM
nice find

Jarro
27th March 2009, 02:06 AM
very nice 8)

grandmasterb
27th March 2009, 10:22 PM
SO many swings to try and replicate but which one is the best!!!

zigwah
27th March 2009, 10:26 PM
it's like being in a lollie shoppe

grandmasterb
27th March 2009, 10:30 PM
it's like being in a lollie shoppe

I think of it more like an exotic car showroom cause i can look but can NEVER have!!!

adlo
27th March 2009, 11:08 PM
Why is Adam Scott not #1 on the world? Oh yeah, he can't putt. Best swing in the bunch.

zigwah
27th March 2009, 11:23 PM
Why is Adam Scott not #1 on the world? Oh yeah, he can't putt. Best swing in the bunch.

That's what i thought and i'm not a fan of his.

adlo
27th March 2009, 11:26 PM
You don't have to like the guy to admire the swing.

razaar
28th March 2009, 06:06 AM
John Rollins swing shows the magic move to start the down swing, for those who have difficulty making a full shoulder turn with a restricted hip turn. It is not so noticable in swings with a tighter coil but it is there.

virge666
28th March 2009, 07:50 PM
John Rollins swing shows the magic move to start the down swing, for those who have difficulty making a full shoulder turn with a restricted hip turn. It is not so noticable in swings with a tighter coil but it is there.

That woudl be the lateral weight shift before the backswing has finished to add extra load to the arms ?

I see what you are saying !

razaar
28th March 2009, 08:15 PM
Yep..its a move which was a feature of Sam Snead's swing and one that Faldo adopted in his swing revamp. Basically the left knee moves away from the right; the right resists, and the left leg is thrust behind. Done at the right time (last squidgen of the backswing), it adds torque and potential power for the downswing. The right leg is then pulled through.

Dazza
28th March 2009, 09:14 PM
Nice find Razaar, thanks for posting. :D

virge666
28th March 2009, 10:04 PM
Done at the right time (last squidgen of the backswing), it adds torque and potential power for the downswing. The right leg is then pulled through.

I am with your - but personally, I prefer the way 3oneday does it.

It is just easier.

gazgolf1
29th March 2009, 07:54 AM
Wow you can really see how steep Badds is coming into the ball with a driver, no wonder he is giving S&T the coke and sars.

adlo
29th March 2009, 12:20 PM
Maybe Badds.com should get a new driver to go with the new swing. Hasn't he been on the original R7 for years? TM crap :mrgreen:

Jarro
29th March 2009, 03:59 PM
Maybe Badds.com should get a new driver to go with the new swing. Hasn't he been on the original R7 for years? TM crap :mrgreen:

Wash your mouth out !!!!!! :smt093

adlo
29th March 2009, 04:06 PM
:lol:

OK, old TM crap.

I have a TM driver, hybrid and putter Jarro. You'll keep.

razaar
29th March 2009, 05:50 PM
I am with your - but personally, I prefer the way 3oneday does it.

It is just easier.
I'm not sure its the most efficient way of starting the downswing though. For a start it doesn't ensure the weight transfers across to the left foot to make the most of the potential energy stored in the backswing. We have only got the potential energy stored in our backswings to work with, we can only generate kinetic energy (energy of motion) from potential energy. Its when we try to increase kinetic energy above what we have stored, things start to fall apart. All the pros in this thread are swinging at about 80% of the potential energy stored in their backswings.

Check out Nathan Green's swing and how his right foot comes off the ground in the through swing. The right heel points to the left heel. This is something I was taught to do in the 80's, its the result of a right toe thrust to shed all the weight over to the left foot ...good to see it is still around.:)