PDA

View Full Version : I need a gap wedge

Pinglauncher
26th March 2009, 08:33 PM
Okay, so today I bit the bullet and droped to lighter shafts. Bought a set of TM R7 irons which have as stock T Step 90 shafts which I believe are 92 - 93 grams.

They not only look good they feel awesome :D

As the PW is 45* :shock: and my next wedge is a 54* SM, I need to fill the gap. I would like to still keep a mid 90 gram shaft and with that in mind my query is what should I do.

# I had considered a 50* Vokey to keep the wedge look the same but these come with DG as stock unless I special order with a Nippon.

# I try and find an R7 gap wedge with the stock shaft but this may be a mission impossible.

This is a club that I hit full shots with and still do a lot of chipping as well. Should it be the same as the main iron set, same as wedges or does not matter.

Looking for assistance on this one.

The

dc68
26th March 2009, 09:22 PM
I find my TP gap wedge very good.

Scottt
26th March 2009, 09:33 PM
Ping,

I had the R7TPs for a while and found the gap and pitching wedges in that set were a real pain to chip with. The leading edge just felt blunt compared to what I was used to with the DCIs that preceeded them and then what I rediscovered with the MP-60s.

All personal preference, because I know Jarro (or maybe Gaz) has raved about how good the R7TPs are to chip with.

My preference would be, If I had to play R7s again, to replace PW and GW with the RAC wedges, which are awesome.

Just one chopper's opinion...

haysey
26th March 2009, 09:41 PM
FWIW Chris, I've always played the gap wedge the same as whatever the rest of the set was at the time.

Just hit to many full shots with it to consider changing for any length of time.