Matthew Goggin (TaylorMade): Dynamic Gold
Steve Stricker (Titleist): Project X
Charlie Wi (TaylorMade): Dynamic Gold
Steve Flesch (Cleveland): Dynamic Gold
Bo Van Pelt (Nike): Dynamic Gold SL
Kevin Na (Cobra): Dynamic Gold
Stuart Appleby (Callaway): KBS Tour
Tom Lehman (TaylorMade): Dynamic Gold

Nick Watney, runner-up to Phil Mickelson at the WGC-CA Championship, played Titleist AP2 irons with shaft bands that read “Dynamic Gold Tour Issue.”

Consumers will be able to purchase these True Temper shafts in mid-April. The Tour Issue name refers to Dynamic Gold steel shafts that are sorted to a weight tolerance of plus or minus one-half gram.

The Tour Issue shafts are available in two flexes, S-400 and X-100, and only in a .355-inch taper-tip configuration.

In overall iron production, taper-tip irons largely have been replaced by parallel-tip irons. Many forged irons, though, are sold with taper tips. Ping, sticking to the philosophy of founder Karsten Solheim, makes all of its irons with taper tips.

All PGA Tour players who use Dynamic Gold iron shafts are provided the luxury of special sorting, but Watney is one of the first to exhibit the Tour Issue shaft band in competition.

Although they do not carry the Tour Issue label, the Dynamic Gold shafts in the Nike Victory Red TW irons of Tiger Woods are intricately inspected and matched by True Temper and then again by Nike.

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 09:17 PM
Consumers will be able to purchase these True Temper shafts in mid-April. The Tour Issue name refers to Dynamic Gold steel shafts that are sorted to a weight tolerance of plus or minus one-half gram.

Interesting. I have read somewhere that TTDG are sold on the basis of tight tolerances anyway - cant recall how tight though.

Any decent clubmaker will have a bunch of these anyway, he can easily weight sort and then write tour on the label in texta, and save half the money :-)

henno
26th March 2009, 09:22 PM
Any decent clubmaker will have a bunch of these anyway, he can easily weight sort and then write tour on the label in texta, and save half the money :-)

And just toss the "odd" weights into wedges, and call them "wedge flex". :mrgreen:

goonie
26th March 2009, 09:49 PM
I've weighed about 7 dg wedge shafts and they have varied from about 113 to 125 grams. And 2 sets of dg iron shafts and they varied a fair bit between the sets.

moree golfer
26th March 2009, 10:04 PM
I thought the hype of KBS shafts might have seen more pros using them but I guess it's a case of "if ain't broke don't fix it". I have only hit clubs with DG or Rifle Flighted shafts so got no comment on PX or others but can't fault the DGs I have used. Guess I am not in the same league of skill and feel some golfers possess.

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 10:09 PM
FST have only just released their KBS line and they are very new with their own brands. its unlikely that a whole bunch is gunna jump ship just yet.