PDA

View Full Version : Hit the R9 Driver and FW last night

goonie
26th March 2009, 01:00 PM
Briefly hit the R9 Driver and FW last night on a launchy, hit the 9.5 R9 higher than my R7 limited 10.5, nice solid feel and the shaft was quite solid, and good munbers too, but the 3 wood was awesome, and they are much more reasonable priced too. I might have to save up for one. I will wait till the drivers are much cheaper as a RRP of $699 is a bit much

Anyone else hit these yet?

PeteyD
26th March 2009, 01:08 PM
How muchwas the 3 Wood?

goonie
26th March 2009, 01:20 PM
I think the RRP was $399

PeteyD
26th March 2009, 02:05 PM
On what planet is that price reasonable?

zigwah
26th March 2009, 02:12 PM
Pretty exxy, but if i was loaded i'd have a go :) but alas i am not :(

Jarro
26th March 2009, 02:14 PM
$675 for the driver at our pro-shop at Nudgee.

Geez it's a good looking driver too ..... 8)

3oneday
26th March 2009, 03:14 PM
I think the RRP was $399

I would expect they are getting pretty close to that, it is the biggest thing that has come out for quite a while. They are walking out at consistent retail prices in the USA !

But, it's still TM crap to me !!!

rick3003
26th March 2009, 03:24 PM
$599 retail at Als in Sydney.

3oneday
26th March 2009, 03:34 PM
$599 retail at Als in Sydney.
oh ??? and what were you doing there young Mr Ricktheputterman ?????

:lol:

rick3003
26th March 2009, 03:35 PM
oh ??? and what were you doing there young Mr Ricktheputterman ?????

:lol:
Looking for an XG 2Ball CS for you ;)

rick3003
26th March 2009, 03:36 PM
Looking for an XG 2Ball CS for you ;)
or was it a Barbados????

3oneday
26th March 2009, 03:38 PM
Yeah, one of those...

Gee you got there quick ;)

goonie
26th March 2009, 05:03 PM

I said much more reasonable, meaning compared to the driver price.
And I never said you should pay that much ;-)

Courty
26th March 2009, 05:08 PM
Anyone else hit these yet?

Yep (Haysey's). ;)

It was very nice indeed. Even though his was a 10.5deg it didn't balloon for me at all. The shaft had a great feel and was a real fairway finder for me.

Did I mention I've got one on order?

jaybam
26th March 2009, 06:55 PM
by the time i save up that money the r11 should be released :)

haysey
26th March 2009, 07:00 PM
Yep (Haysey's). ;)

It was very nice indeed. Even though his was a 10.5deg it didn't balloon for me at all. The shaft had a great feel and was a real wrong fairway finder for me.

Did I mention I've got one on order?

:roll: Bandwagon jumper

:twisted:

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 08:57 PM
so what is the new technology in this driver?

apart from the adjustability of it, that is not really a benefit once you have set it.

PeteyD
26th March 2009, 09:04 PM
It's shiny, very shiny and oh so purty.

goonie
26th March 2009, 09:37 PM
so what is the new technology in this driver?

apart from the adjustability of it, that is not really a benefit once you have set it.

That's the point, you can set it up the way you want. And if your swing changes due to lessons etc, swing changes you can adjust the club to suit rather than buy a new one, and you can setup the club for different courses. E.g a course may suit a higher or lower flight, or a course may suit a draw or fade on most holes. It may be one of the best technology's so far, or a least the last several years. And tm aren't the only ones doing it and are not the first either. Maybe just the best at marketing it.

henno
26th March 2009, 09:40 PM
Let's just hope it at least gets adopted as the defacto standard. The last thing we need is a further reduction of inter-operability between competitors' products.

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 09:54 PM
That's the point, you can set it up the way you want.

Aha. so what ya do is go to the demo day, hit a million balls with all the different combos and when you have figured out the spec you want, place an order for the previous model in that spec for half the price.
(assuming of course that TM can actually supply a product to a requested spec)

Can you imagine Jarro or Andy Lo with one of these drivers, these guys will be having brain aneurysms trying to figure out what suits em best for tomorrow.

goonie
26th March 2009, 10:35 PM
Aha. so what ya do is go to the demo day, hit a million balls with all the different combos and when you have figured out the spec you want, place an order for the previous model in that spec for half the price.
(assuming of course that TM can actually supply a product to a requested spec)

Can you imagine Jarro or Andy Lo with one of these drivers, these guys will be having brain aneurysms trying to figure out what suits em best for tomorrow.

Then you get some lessons and your swing changes and you have to buy another club that fits and it costs you more, or you just wait a while for the price to drop and buy it then and have the best of both worlds.

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 10:45 PM
Then you get some lessons and your swing changes

since when did someone who gets sucked in by marketing for $600 ever get a lesson?

haysey
26th March 2009, 10:49 PM
since when did someone who gets sucked in by marketing for $600 ever get a lesson?

I spent more on lessons in 2008 than I did on golf clubs :shock:( fat ****ing lot of good it did me) and I get sucked in by every little bit of hype that crosses my path

Golfnut
26th March 2009, 10:58 PM
What shaft was in the R9 you tried goonie?

Rusty
26th March 2009, 11:07 PM
I spent more on lessons in 2008 than I did on golf clubs :shock:( fat ****ing lot of good it did me) and I get sucked in by every little bit of hype that crosses my path

ah, so the H stands for Hype not...

goonie
27th March 2009, 12:04 AM
stock fuji motore i think it's called, 65 in the driver and 70 in the FW.