PDA

View Full Version : Thursday night AFL

zigwah
26th March 2009, 12:36 PM
Should be a good game, i think Carlton will smash the tiges, i hope they don't but i think they will.

Thoughts?

dc68
26th March 2009, 12:38 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

sms316
26th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Thoughts?
AFL = gay

zigwah
26th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Bloody bum sniffers

macjackass
26th March 2009, 01:25 PM
They'll probably get more people to that game than the NRL (northerners redneck league) will for the whole round!

3oneday
26th March 2009, 01:30 PM
Yep, and we still won't give a **** :lol:

So, who'll be the first one cited for actually making a tackle this season ???

Do they know that concept ? Tackle ??? :confused:

:lol:

AndyP
26th March 2009, 01:38 PM
Ziggy, are you going to start a thread for each game, so these pricks can keep using their same repetitive comments that probably has them patting themselves on the back each time they post them?

macjackass
26th March 2009, 01:40 PM
Yep, and we still won't give a **** :lol:

So, who'll be the first one cited for actually making a tackle this season ???

Do they know that concept ? Tackle ??? :confused:

:lol:

Yeah, they don't know how to tackle with their forearm around some guys neck! Wonder who'll be the next league player on the news making a complete tool of himself ;).

Jarro
26th March 2009, 01:41 PM
We hope so :mrgreen:

sms316
26th March 2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah, they don't know how to tackle with their forearm around some guys neck! Wonder who'll be the next league player on the news making a complete tool of himself ;).
Yep. And get a month off for an ankle tap too.
:wink:

zigwah
26th March 2009, 02:00 PM
Ziggy, are you going to start a thread for each game, so these pricks can keep using their same repetitive comments that probably has them patting themselves on the back each time they post them?

Nah mate just this one, will judd get run on cousins?

AndyP
26th March 2009, 02:08 PM
I'd probably watch it if we got decent FTA viewing times in Qld.

I'd expect someone to get a job on Judd, not the other way around.

zigwah
26th March 2009, 02:13 PM
Yeah i was gonna say vice versa, but didn't, I don't think cousins is fit enough to stay with Judd just yet.

Fishman Dan
26th March 2009, 03:18 PM
Carn the Blues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3oneday
26th March 2009, 03:21 PM
Thank ****, at least Dan will stay in this thread for a while and stay out of the ****ing pro shop :roll:

;)

giddyupgaz
26th March 2009, 03:34 PM
I agree whole-heartedly with Dan.

can't wait for the season to kick off, and can't wait to see what the Blues centre line/onballers do to the non believers

sms316
26th March 2009, 03:37 PM
Where is tg01 - he'd have a boner seeing a Carlton thread on this forum.

Chris32
26th March 2009, 03:39 PM
Big launch of ONE HD tonight, looks like a reasonable shedule of sport they have coming up

Webster
26th March 2009, 03:45 PM
Big launch of ONE HD tonight, looks like a reasonable shedule of sport they have coming up

In between the millions of ads they will smother it with...

Flowergirl
26th March 2009, 03:47 PM
I for one am not happy. I'm going the the Arts Centre tonight and the footy will make more traffic.:smt093 ( oh - that makes me sound right posh doesn't it!!!)

Fishman Dan
26th March 2009, 04:10 PM
I for one am not happy. I'm going the the Arts Centre tonight and the footy will make more traffic.:smt093 ( oh - that makes me sound right posh doesn't it!!!)

La-di-bloody-dah. Footy is a distraction from flowers and art.

You are so NOT an atypical Collingwood bogan.

Fishman Dan
26th March 2009, 04:11 PM
Thank ****, at least Dan will stay in this thread for a while and stay out of the ****ing pro shop :roll:

;)

CARN THE R7 425 with REG SHAFT!!!!!!!!

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

markTHEblake
26th March 2009, 10:16 PM
Carlton v. Richmond. Good marketing strategy actually to use this game as the opener, they will get 3 times the crowd they would for the dead rubber it would be near the end of the season.

henno
26th March 2009, 10:22 PM
11:15pm? What's wrong with you people?

They put the longest, most drawn-out game of footy on just before midnight?

I'll be toe-up long before the bounce.

AndyP
26th March 2009, 10:24 PM
I'm sure Richmond can recover from this bad start to finish 9th, and sign Terry Wallet for another 5 years.

Anyone feel sorry for Cousins?

:lol::lol:

Fishman Dan
26th March 2009, 10:29 PM
We blew it. Should have won by 100, and then some!

I was impressed to see a pretty ordinary first quarter result in 8 goals! It was a matter of time before they settled down properly, we showed in the NAB Cup that the skills are pretty slick.

Been a long time since such a big, easy, dominant win.

Cousins was knackered at 1/4 time.. and to answer your question AP - I don't feel one little bit sorry for him! He should organise a hit on the trainer who sent him back out there in the final quarter though.

rodders
26th March 2009, 10:29 PM
I'm sure Richmond can recover from this bad start to finish 9th, and sign Terry Wallet for another 5 years.

Anyone feel sorry for Cousins?

:lol::lol:

One game and he is already back on the ice!:shock:

3oneday
27th March 2009, 08:30 AM
87,000 is a good crowd.

A few questions, given all the boofheads in NRL and being a concerned parent tired of having to explain their carryings on to my kids:

Why did Fox dump their AFL channel ?
Was it on live TV anywhere ?
How can you actually watch the games in NSW without having to be a night owl ???

But then, Eamon Sullivan makes the front page for getting pissed now as well, so what hope is there :roll:

AndyP
27th March 2009, 08:49 AM
87,000 is a good crowd. Another 80,000 is expected for tonight's game.

Why did Fox dump their AFL channel ?The almighty dollar, I would assume. Plus, at the time of it's dumping, Fox weren't guaranteed to have any rights to the AFL, as the TV rights contract had ended.
Fox Sports 3 replaced it. They actually show more games now, but less footy related programs and old stuff.

Was it on live TV anywhere ?
How can you actually watch the games in NSW without having to be a night owl ???An hour delay in Melbourne, and live on Fox Main Event Channel, 518 (which you didn't have to pay for if you have Fox) in the northern states. Same deal for tonight's game. Since I don't have Fox, I'm going to the pub to watch it (or a mate's).

Johnny Canuck
27th March 2009, 11:33 AM
Cousins was knackered at 1/4 time.. and to answer your question AP - I don't feel one little bit sorry for him! He should organise a hit on the trainer who sent him back out there in the final quarter though.

I was watching the game and saw them tending to his hamstrings at the end of the 3rd. I thought great, hammy problems, SHUT HIM DOWN!

I thought that we had seen the last of him for the night. I was very surprised to see him back out there in the 4th. Shitty that the comeback took a hit like that, but you can chalk it up to 100 percent stupidity.

AndyP
27th March 2009, 12:07 PM
Once again we must look to the tanned one for guidance:

"There's 100 things, if you sit there like that you're never going to make a decision ever, and we knew there was a multitude of risks afforded to going for a player who has been out of the game for that period of time.

"We understood exactly that, but he was picked with the last selection on our list and since I've been there I don't think we've had a last selection play a game, so we believe that risk was worth taking."

Apparently he went off for knee soreness initially though.

Johnny Canuck
27th March 2009, 12:20 PM
Terry Wallace sounds like that guy that was selling the Slingshots.

LarryLong
30th March 2009, 10:41 PM
I was there. Even stayed until the final siren. Oh, the horror!

Unlike most Richmond supporters, I'm not calling for Wallace's head, mass changes to the team or the sacking of the medical staff for the Cousins thing. I'm too busy trying to hide my allegiances from the 50 or so Geelong supporters that I work with instead. :oops: