PDA

View Full Version : gday all

dhills2
25th March 2009, 11:29 AM
gday all, name is dan, from the central coast nsw & work down in sydney. i recognise a fair few names from other not to be mentioned forums but am looking to get to know the crowd here at ozgolf. i have been following the forum for months now & thought it was about time i introduced myself... given i am making purchases from the pro shop & feeding off the knowledge of members in other threads

golf background: learned to love the game at a young age playing with the old man, played very little golf throughout my high school/uni years, am now mid twenties & right back into it! in the process of putting together a better set of clubs & have started taking lessons at tuggerah lakes to see how good i can get. play at least once a fortnight but trying to make it weekly by joining a club soon, usually shoot somewhere in the 80s or low 90s and PB is 82:shock:.

favourite players: norman, tiger, scott & nikki garrett:mrgreen:
favourite gear: mizuno & titleist (but keen to try high-end jap component clubs when i can afford it & justify purchasing them!)
favourite tourney: British Open
bold prediction for 2009: scott wins a major:smt038

dc68
25th March 2009, 11:32 AM
i recognise a fair few names from other not to be mentioned forums

Welcome Dan.... and mention away we don't give a shit.

dhills2
25th March 2009, 11:53 AM
Welcome Dan.... and mention away we don't give a shit.

haha... fair enough... ISG... that is not to say that i am not another forum sl*t!!;)

Johnny Canuck
25th March 2009, 11:56 AM
welcome. isg sucks.

Jarro
25th March 2009, 11:58 AM
http://images.craveonline.com/article_imgs/Image/welcome_mat.jpg

AndyP
25th March 2009, 12:18 PM
Welcome to another forum. I'm sure this one has just as much crap as any other, just a different smell and colour.

http://yellowrex.com/pics/shift%20key%20motivator.jpg

3oneday
25th March 2009, 12:57 PM
ISG still operating is it ? Well **** me !

Eag's
25th March 2009, 01:01 PM
Welcome dhills2

dhills2
25th March 2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks AndyP!!!

AndyP
25th March 2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks AndyP!!!
:mrgreen:

BrisVegas
25th March 2009, 01:18 PM
welcome aboard mate.

moree golfer
25th March 2009, 03:49 PM
Welcome Dan. My outlaws are down on the Central Coast so I will contact you when I am next down there. I have played Tuggerah Lakes a couple of times and thought it was a good test of my meagre golfing ability. Mostly I just head to the racecourse range at West Gosford and hit balls when down there.

Dotty
25th March 2009, 05:36 PM
How can we not like someone called Dan ? :wink:

Welcome mate. I had a game at Wyong a month ago, and it is worth a visit, if you get bored with Tuggerah.

TheTrueReview
25th March 2009, 07:56 PM
Welcome dhills2!!!

Dazza
25th March 2009, 07:59 PM
Welcome to Ozgolf Dan. :D

Courty
25th March 2009, 08:05 PM
Hi Dan.

dhills2
25th March 2009, 10:04 PM
Cheers all, sounds good Moree. I should be a member somewhere by then. I'm just trying to decide between a few of the courses in the area. Gosford may be a frontrunner purely by proximity to my house... though I do prefer the view at Tuggerah!

dhills2
1st April 2009, 12:20 AM
Welcome to another forum. I'm sure this one has just as much crap as any other, just a different smell and colour.

You weren't wrong (referring to one particular thread I have made a few posts in recently!):mrgreen:

AndyP
1st April 2009, 07:43 AM
I've already labelled you as a troublemaker.

dhills2
2nd April 2009, 10:28 AM
:mrgreen::mrgreen:

dhills2
2nd April 2009, 10:34 AM
On that note, can anyone give me some actual contact details (maybe a phone number) for billybaub? My guess is that someone here would know him personally. I'm having some difficulty getting in touch with him about a bag I purchased off him about 2 weeks ago. Something has probably gone wrong with the damn courier company but I'd like to see if he could chase it up for me. Alternatively, can someone let him know that I would like him to get back to me today.

dhills2
2nd April 2009, 11:47 AM
all good - he has just contacted me... happy days

chappy1970
2nd April 2009, 12:46 PM
Welcome..
What happened to dhills1???

The Scorpian
7th April 2009, 09:42 AM
Welcome..
What happened to dhills1???

I would like to mention why you have a hat like you do and play off a 9 handicap. You have problems and I would like to help and I tell you what...I will do it for free my freind...whoops...should be friend. Put your swing on the site and bingo, you will have some great eyes on your swing.

The Scorpian:wink:

AndyP
7th April 2009, 11:18 AM
I would like to mention why you have a hat like you do and play off a 9 handicap. You have problems and I would like to help and I tell you what...I will do it for free my freind...whoops...should be friend. Put your swing on the site and bingo, you will have some great eyes on your swing.

The Scorpian:wink:Send Frank Woodley, the comedian, an email about the hat, since that is who it is a picture of. :roll:

Iain
7th April 2009, 11:22 AM

The Scorpian:wink:

How generous.... :roll:

Will Virge be watching....