PDA

View Full Version : Golfing tip

Onewood
20th December 2004, 07:30 PM
Some of you may know that I spent some time with 2 women pro golfers Laurette Meritz and Cecilie Lundgreen and there coach Reeve Nield just before the Masters last year :P

I have been keeping in touch and just recieved an e-mail with the following tip, I thought I would pass on 8)

Reeve Nield Wrote,

A good tip on the practice range is to close your left eye and make sure that you continue to look at the ball with your right eye, this will encourage you to keep your head still, therefore encouraging more hip and shoulder turn.

Jono
20th December 2004, 07:40 PM
Some of you may know that I spent some time with 2 women pro golfers Laurette Meritz and Cecilie Lundgreen and there coach Reeve Nield just before the Masters last year :P

I have been keeping in touch and just recieved an e-mail with the following tip, I thought I would pass on 8)

Reeve Nield Wrote,

A good tip on the practice range is to close your left eye and make sure that you continue to look at the ball with your right eye, this will encourage you to keep your head still, therefore encouraging more hip and shoulder turn.

For every matter, there's anti-matter. For every electron, there's positron. For every ying, there's yang. And for every tip, there's anti-tip ...

I remember reading a tip from some pro to close the right eye (for right hander) and look at the ball with the left. That way, you can allow your head to turn right on the backswing, allowing a more full shoulder turn. Hmmm ... perhaps I should just close both eyes and swing blind folded ... :wink: :lol:

Only kidding ... Thanks for passing on the tip. I'll try it next time out at the range. As long as it works, I'll try it. 8)

Onewood
20th December 2004, 07:45 PM
Hmmm ... perhaps I should just close both eyes and swing blind folded ... :wink: :lol:

I thought a good tip for you mate would be to try hitting with both eyes open for a change :lol: :lol:

macleod
20th December 2004, 08:00 PM
jono, i'd give that tip a try but i had bell's palsy when i was younger which makes it nigh impossible to actually close my right eye keeping the left one open :oops:

so, thanks to that paralysis of the left side of my face kev's tip will work OK!

balance in all things eh?

davidp
21st December 2004, 01:02 PM
jono, i'd give that tip a try but i had bell's palsy when i was younger which makes it nigh impossible to actually close my right eye keeping the left one open :oops:

so, thanks to that paralysis of the left side of my face kev's tip will work OK!

jono, I'm a bit like macca. I'm pretty much blind in my left eye, (even with glasses on). Close my right eye & I'm absolutely stuffed. :cry:

Thanks for the tip, Kev. :)

BrisVegas
21st December 2004, 01:14 PM

Oh crikey. That's harsh. I'm depressed now... :cry:

Ona
21st December 2004, 01:15 PM
another tip that will acheive this result, and more is to stare at a dimple on the inside back of the ball, and try to hit it.. oldie but a goodie.

Its helping me to not turn my head with my shoulders in the backswing, and also to come at it from the inside, greatly reducing my number pulled shots. Ive always read to hit the inside aft of the ball, thought I was, but staring at a dimple and trying to hit it is really doing it for me now (not in a sexual sense you damn sicko's)

Golfgirl
21st December 2004, 04:13 PM
but staring at a dimple and trying to hit it is really doing it for me now (not in a sexual sense you damn sicko's)

Damn... never got a chance to have a go at this one.... :roll: :wink: :lol:

After reading this thread, I'm going to try playing golf with my eyes closed..... or open, or one closed, or something.... I've missed the point, haven't I?? :?

macleod
22nd December 2004, 09:36 AM
interrstingly, i noticed a major drop in my shoulder turn and ball striking since getting these new specs before going oseas in march.

they aren't as wide as my old ones, reducing the seeable peripheral vision, ifreak out even more when i get any turn or head movement and tend to start the downswing then...hmmmm.

hey davidp, i'm -5.75 in the right and -5.5 in the left....few more diaopters and i can get ones of those legally blind cards!

Flowergirl
22nd December 2004, 12:49 PM
So is it left eye open - hit the back of the ball - or right eye closed - hit the front of the ball - or legs wide open and welcome the ball - or close the legs and hit the balls.........I'm confused :shock:

Ona
22nd December 2004, 02:06 PM
FG its nice to see a woman who cant stop thinking about balls :smt023

although I'm a little surprised your still confused... more practice needed?

:wink:

Flowergirl
22nd December 2004, 02:28 PM
FG its nice to see a woman who cant stop thinking about balls :smt023

although I'm a little surprised your still confused... more practice needed?

:wink:

I tell you what - I'm so busy with flowers at the moment I've hardly any time to think about balls at all - or anything else. :twisted: I need you guys to keep the distractions coming - I've got 29 arrangements to make up before I can go home. !! Anyone out there who knows about the art of floral design????