PDA

View Full Version : Gym training for golf is killing me

andylo
18th May 2004, 09:34 AM
Started to work in gym, just to get better fittness and hopefully will increase my club head speed and flexibility.

The one yesterday almost go me killed!! :lol:

Compare to the 1st week which is a lot better.... I don't have sore muscle or anything buggering me.... just feel so tired.

Last nite I slept about 11 hours altogether :oops:

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 09:37 AM
Andylo - start slowly and build up - don't just go full out from the start or you will do yourself an injury.

Also, there is a great book by Ernie Else - Guide to Golf Fitness, I highly recommend it. You don't want to build up the wrong areas of your body which will only impede your golf swing.

Good to see how dedicated you are - keep up the good work! :D

andylo
18th May 2004, 09:43 AM
Actually there's a gym instructor guilding me and I did told her (yes, it's a her, and she looks tidy!!) that the reason I do gym is because I want to play golf, not body building.

I think I should be on the right track.

Golfgirl
18th May 2004, 09:47 AM
Good stuff! :D

McMw
18th May 2004, 09:54 AM
wow....gone are the good old days when a few shoulder and back stretches 30 secs before your tee-off were good enuff!!!

*sniff* miss those days... :(

:lol: :lol:

got urself into a club yet andy???

jaster
18th May 2004, 04:28 PM
Andylo...awesome that you are getting so serious but your next step is to join a club and get an AGU handicap. This way you will know how much of an improvement your fitness is making to your golf and you also will be able to set handicap goals :)

Jarro
18th May 2004, 04:32 PM
just watch out you don't turn into the Incredible Hulk andylo :lol:

Fishman Dan
18th May 2004, 04:35 PM
Sounds like it's time to get into the beefcake! Forget handicaps Andy, just become our next rep at the Long Drive comps!

Jarro
18th May 2004, 05:05 PM
he pumps them out there far enough now :shock:

must be all that chinese take-away he told me he eats :lol:

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 05:33 PM
The one yesterday almost go me killed!! :lol:

sounds like you had DOMS! (delayed onset muscle syndrome)

Dont worry you only get it a couple of times then you will right. And guess what the best cure for DOMS is, exercise!

andylo
18th May 2004, 10:06 PM
I am not really into the Long Drive Champ so no way.... beside people in there can drive 500 plus YARD!!! :shock:

And Blakey is right about the symdrome.... I guess I will be right after a few weeks.

And jarro.... Chinese take away is not that healthy..... I only eat REAL chinese because they taste WAY better + a lot more healthy :)

markTHEblake
18th May 2004, 10:17 PM
DOMS takes 3 days to go away Andy, not a few weeks (and day 2 is the worst). If its still hurting by Friday you better get some Xrays :-)